NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Will it be attached to SW?
    Possibly, although I thought it would go into cinemas closer to it's actual release on Wednesday. Ngl, I'm a tiny bit annoyed, it won't be with my Knives Out screening tomorrow but it's fine haha :D

Oh, you’ll love KO. I did. Way to spend your birthday!
    Thanks man, I cannot wait!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited December 2019 Posts: 524
    jake24 wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    If there are going to be character posters, I hope they will be better than the teaser poster... [-O<
    It can't possibly be any worse, so we're good.

Be careful what you wish for...
    You'll see, tomorrow we'll get weird looking stills taken out of context with the logo of the film in a font that covers half of the image. :))
    jake24 wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    If there are going to be character posters, I hope they will be better than the teaser poster... [-O<
    It can't possibly be any worse, so we're good.

Be careful what you wish for...
    You'll see, tomorrow we'll get weird looking stills taken out of context with the logo of the film in a font that covers half of the image. :))

Hey, better that than those ridiculous posing pictures a la Austin Powers, I’d say. Then again, they can make them stylish enough so they don’t look quite so camp or cartoony.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    TV Ratings: 'Sunday Night Football' Rules Again
    https://hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sunday-night-football-ncis-la-tv-ratings-sunday-dec-1-2019-1258647

Good news for the tv spot that aired during Sunday Night Football.

Lol. "Football".
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,834
    I'd really like to see those motion posters that they did for Skyfall return. They were a great way to promote the film, being everywhere in London (especially the tube) :)
    I'm also hoping the tease we just got gets over a million views before Wednesday :D
    I'd really like to see those motion posters that they did for Skyfall return. They were a great way to promote the film, being everywhere in London (especially the tube) :)
    I'm also hoping the tease we just got gets over a million views before Wednesday :D

According to the NY Post, it’s gotten 3 million in 12 hours.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/12/02/no-time-to-die-trailer-first-look-at-james-bond-25/amp/
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Burgess wrote: »
    According to the NY Post, it’s gotten 3 million in 12 hours.
    On Twitter it has. We're at about 460,713 views on YouTube so far.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,165
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    Also just noticed that Ana has two different guns. Thought they were the same at first, but one is a pistol, and the other seems to be a machine gun :) and that masked shot is definitely from the opening scene, which I still thinking is a flashback.

Must be. Safin is probably Swann's long lost step brother.
    Safin is Hannes Oberhauser. He didn’t really die in that climbing accident, he’d just been biding his time all these years... for REVENGE!

You mean Franz Oberhauser. It will be interesting to see if one of these shots are cut out of the actual film. Like the Spectre trailer Bond walking through Whitehall.
    No, I mean Hannes Oberhauser. My joke doesn’t work if I’m talking about Franz Oberhauser. SPECTRE references two Oberhauser’s, remember?
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    I wonder if we’ll get a BBFC rating tomorrow. Just hoping for a 2min length and this would confirm the length. Surely we deserve a 2min trailer 1 after all this waiting?!.. 🍸
    The music in the teaser snippet was awesome.

Like we mean business
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thank god the trailer drops at 1pm GMT, I start work at 2pm, but it is gonna be difficult to stay off here for 8 hours haha :D
    Is it confirmed anywhere for 1pm
    GMT time release? 🍸
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    JG007 wrote: »
    GMT time release? 🍸
    It was confirmed earlier in the thread with this article...

https://www.darkhorizons.com/no-time-to-die-trailer-gets-teased/
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I wonder if we'll get another James Bond themed episode of The Graham Norton? We had it with the last two films :) If so, I wonder who'd be on it... my predictions would be Daniel Craig, Rami Malek and either Lea Seydoux or Lashana Lynch

Going by the shows current schedule, a NTTD special would be one of if not the first episides of the new 2020 season.
    Watched the teaser a few times. Not much to say but I love the look of it. And the masked/hooded villain (Malik?) is it me or they might be going for a Phantom of the Opera or Fantomas look?
  • Does anyone think we'll get one of those stupid trailers in front of the trailers on Wednesday. It essentially tells you you are watching the trailer before the trailer has started. If I remember Mission Impossible did it a couple of times and the Spider-Man movies do it. Hopefully NTTD stays away from that!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Does anyone think we'll get one of those stupid trailers in front of the trailers on Wednesday. It essentially tells you you are watching the trailer before the trailer has started. If I remember Mission Impossible did it a couple of times and the Spider-Man movies do it. Hopefully NTTD stays away from that!
    Probably. That’s how they do trailers these days, to catch people from swiping past it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Minion wrote: »
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Does anyone think we'll get one of those stupid trailers in front of the trailers on Wednesday. It essentially tells you you are watching the trailer before the trailer has started. If I remember Mission Impossible did it a couple of times and the Spider-Man movies do it. Hopefully NTTD stays away from that!
    Probably. That’s how they do trailers these days, to catch people from swiping past it.

This. It's a staple of most trailers these days, as it's utilized for ads, social media, etc. (and as @Minion has said, to immediately thrust the viewer into the footage so as to hopefully entice them to watch it in its entirety).
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    As annoying as it is, it serves a good purpose in our scrolling age of internet browsing.
    Here's a good quality version :

What a day it has been : a new trailer and the air date for the 12th season of Doctor Who, and now this.

BTW, had nobody noticed that they changed the machine guns in the Aston Martin ? Because the original ones certainly weren't Gatlings.
    JG007 wrote: »
    GMT time release? 🍸
    It was confirmed earlier in the thread with this article...

https://www.darkhorizons.com/no-time-to-die-trailer-gets-teased/

Thank you sir 🍸
    I am loving the whole masked villain, got to be Malek which is why we have not seen him on set surely?
    Hello Friends,

Longtime lurker / completely obsessive page-refresher here. Many thanks to all of you for keeping the discussions going especially those of you with industry connections providing us insider info & tidbits.

My hype level has been through the roof ever since Cary signed on, but I am by far most excited to see what Rami Malek has in store for us. If anybody has not yet watched Mr. Robot I would move it to the top of your list ASAP.

Trying to post the following paragraph in spoiler tags but please forgive me if it doesn't work:
    I believe 100% that that is Safin in the glass in the final shot of the teaser. I compared it with the pictures of the Cabin scene and you can clearly see he is wearing the same winter jacket with the puffy hood on it. We know for a fact Rami is there because it was his stunt double and his movement coach from Bohemian Rhapsody was also in those photos. I have theorized that perhaps the scene was set in the past and the masked man was Rami's father making the young girl Madeline. This would have been depicting the story she told in Spectre about fighting off intruders. But the fact that they are showing it as the big finale of the teaser leads me to believe it is indeed Safin.

Anyways, we seem to know next to nothing about this film and I love that. Bring on Wednesday!
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    About the Pfeifer brothers, since they crafted this grand piece of music for the teaser, the best thing about QoS was this trailer. Especially the music. It's so good yet they never released it to the public. Anyway, those guys are talented.

Welcome to the forums, @ertert.

I'm also very much looking forward to what Rami Malek brings to the table. I think he's going to be an extremely memorable villain.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 490
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I'm also very much looking forward to what Rami Malek brings to the table. I think he's going to be an extremely memorable villain.

Thanks!

Also,
    At first I was EXTREMELY disappointed that Blofeld seems to not be the main villain, since I actually loved Waltz's performance in Spectre but was frustrated by how little actual screentime he had. But then when Rami signed on my attitude was "@#!& Blofoeld, bring on Mr. Robot!!" But now
    With the rumor Waltz was spotted at Pinewood, I am hoping he does not break out of prison and become a major player, thereby overshadowing / supplanting/ even killing Safin and becoming the main villain for the 3rd act, resulting in neither one of them really living up to their potential

Thoughts??

Finally, my favorite villain of the Craig era is Silva, due in part to how dangerous he was. He had henchmen, sure, but he himself led the charge against M despite making funny quips about "all this jumping and fighting it's exhausting". The whole film's plot is basically driven by this one man's revenge mission and all the characters are merely reacting to it. Silva is a legitimate threat.

I am curious if Rami will himself be as dangerous and a direct driver of the film's plot. Exciting times ahead.
    ertert wrote: »

Thanks!

Also,
    At first I was EXTREMELY disappointed that Blofeld seems to not be the main villain, since I actually loved Waltz's performance in Spectre but was frustrated by how little actual screentime he had. But then when Rami signed on my attitude was "@#!& Blofoeld, bring on Mr. Robot!!" But now
    With the rumor Waltz was spotted at Pinewood, I am hoping he does not break out of prison and become a major player, thereby overshadowing / supplanting/ even killing Safin and becoming the main villain for the 3rd act, resulting in neither one of them really living up to their potential

Thoughts??

Hard to say with what very little we've seen.

Somehow, I have a feeling NTTD may be a Bond film in which the villains are a major strong point, regardless of screen time.

Thanks!

Also,

Thoughts??

Somehow, I have a feeling NTTD may be a Bond film in which the villains are a major strong point, regardless of screen time.

I'm inclined to agree. The writers seem to be really emphasizing character development and having the action really evolve from drama between those characters. Cary especially is a master at that.

Thanks!

Also,

Thoughts??

I'm inclined to agree. The writers seem to be really emphasizing character development and having the action really evolve from drama between those characters. Cary especially is a master at that.

I think this film might be worth the longer wait. I'm really excited now, and it only took that 14 second clip to increase my anticipation.

Thanks!

Also,

Thoughts??

I think this film might be worth the longer wait. I'm really excited now, and it only took that 14 second clip to increase my anticipation.

Agreed. I don't wanna go too far down this road but my excitement waned slightly when it seemed Boyle was going to ignore the previous continuity and do his own thing. And that film would have been out by now.

Cary's film with the cast & crew we now have seems to be absolutely worth the delay.