NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited December 2019 Posts: 8,000
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I looked at the video on youtube in 1080p and it is clear it is Malek, or at least the creepy guy from Norway. When you compare the photo to that shot in the end there is really no question.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    The new 007 is in a fancy car? So the new 007 is following the James Bond lifestyle? So she's basically a black female James Bond?
    I mean 009 was meant to get the DB10 in SP. It has always been standard that the cars have come through Q branch so it isn't hard to imagine that other 00's would have a nice car too. In GE Alec seems very familiar with Bond's gadgets and know what they do. If Lynch is indeed a 00 this shouldn't be an issue, in fact I would have an issue if she didn't have a fancy car.

I like the bit where 006 compared Bond’s Omega to his own and both watches were set to the exact same second.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    matt_u wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Yeah, after seeing it again..definitelly looks like a woman, that's a lipstick ,right?

Also..I don't have a problem wtih the cinematography, I liked that blue shot and in general but..the DoP (Who is it btw?) shouldn't have went "all in" in every possible scene haha

Who knows he/she may be going for an oscar with this one :D

It’s Linus Sandgren who’s the DoP, and he already won an Oscar for LA LA LAND. I think this is the first Bond film to have a DP that already won an award in the past. Deakins didn’t win until after SF.

Freddie Young had an Oscar before he shot YOLT.

Ted Moore as well.

Well, technically he won his in between Bond films ;) But I guess it doesn't really matter - he was another talented visualist in a catalogue of talented visualists that we have been lucky to have, and Sandgren looks to have done a top job here too. Truly excited to see his work.
    what do you think bond was doing in the opening shot. Looked like a garage door like the end with q in Spectre
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Gotta say, the last shot of Safin sort of looks like he’s facing Bond from the opening shot. Background looks similar
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    what do you think bond was doing in the opening shot. Looked like a garage door like the end with q in Spectre
    It looked like some kind of military base to me...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Could be the Porton Down sequence?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,518
    Deleted
    I’m convinced it’s swann and safins child on the lake.

I don’t think it’s a flashback of any sort
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,518
    Gotta say, the last shot of Safin sort of looks like he’s facing Bond from the opening shot. Background looks similar

How do we know it's Malek? Character was in a full mask.

Also it's driving me nuts his tie bar isn't connected to his shirt in the second scene of the teaser (getting out of the V8) :D

I'll bet you any money this is not what it is.

This is an interesting theory.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Also just noticed that Ana has two different guns. Thought they were the same at first, but one is a pistol, and the other seems to be a machine gun :) and that masked shot is definitely from the opening scene, which I still thinking is a flashback.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Also just noticed that Ana has two different guns. Thought they were the same at first, but one is a pistol, and the other seems to be a machine gun :) and that masked shot is definitely from the opening scene, which I still thinking is a flashback.

Must be. Safin is probably Swann's long lost step brother.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,165

Safin is Hannes Oberhauser. He didn’t really die in that climbing accident, he’d just been biding his time all these years... for REVENGE!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Minion wrote: »

Safin is Hannes Oberhauser. He didn’t really die in that climbing accident, he’d just been biding his time all these years... for REVENGE!

You mean Franz Oberhauser. It will be interesting to see if one of these shots are cut out of the actual film. Like the Spectre trailer Bond walking through Whitehall.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Those 14 seconds were the perfect way to start the week! Bring on Wednesday as I am fully pumped to watch the entire trailer now.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Whoa that was incredible. Can't wait for Wednesday :-O
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I didn't recognize that woman as Ana.
    I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it!
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Literally shivers!! OMG, I’m going to watch this over and over, looks EXCELLENT!! 🍸
    edited December 2019 Posts: 78
    Music sounds original! Good news in my book, we should have a completely different score that sets this film apart. Excellent ! 🍸
  • ConnorConnor UK
    I just needed that one shot of de Armas to confirm an internal supernova of hype... ;) :D
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    JG007 wrote: »
    Music sounds original and Romer. Good news in my book, we should have a completely different score that sets this film apart. Excellent ! 🍸

I wouldn’t count on it. The last time a Bond trailer featured music from the films was DAD. All trailers have since used music that was specifically scored for the trailer. In fact the theatrical trailer featured a new rendition of the OHMSS theme which turned out not to be featured in the actual film.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    God damn, that was intense
    Can anyone take screenshots? Don't know how to do it.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    edited December 2019 Posts: 108
    5noM4ga.jpg

chGPJXp.jpg

bkQhwOD.jpg

SFjDVyP.jpg

gpsCxz6.jpg

Music sounds original and Romer. Good news in my book, we should have a completely different score that sets this film apart. Excellent ! 🍸

I wouldn’t count on it. The last time a Bond trailer featured music from the films was DAD. All trailers have since used music that was specifically scored for the trailer. In fact the theatrical trailer featured a new rendition of the OHMSS theme which turned out not to be featured in the actual film.

I had heard that was the case but wasn’t sure. At least it’s something fresh and pulsating use of the theme. Positive either way 🍸
    StanKobra wrote: »
    5noM4ga.jpg

chGPJXp.jpg

bkQhwOD.jpg

SFjDVyP.jpg

gpsCxz6.jpg

Thanks @StanKobra.. But you left out a few.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    gssGCv3.jpg

WrVl1Sg.jpg

That's definitely not Romer, it's a Jeff Pfeifer piece (guy's done all the other Craig era trailer since CR with his brother) and it sounds EPIC.

EON, finally getting with the times and putting one of these out, who'd have thunk it! Looks amazing (Linus Sandgren everyone!). And indeed, looks like this is gonna be a more substantial first look,.closer to a theatrical trailer than a sub 2 minute teaser. Bring on Wednesday.
    antovolk wrote: »

That's definitely not Romer, it's a Jeff Pfeifer piece (guy's done all the other Craig era trailer since CR with his brother) and it sounds EPIC.

EON, finally getting with the times and putting one of these out, who'd have thunk it! Looks amazing (Linus Sandgren everyone!). And indeed, looks like this is gonna be a more substantial first look,.closer to a theatrical trailer than a sub 2 minute teaser. Bring on Wednesday.

Right ok I get it, it’s not Romer. As I said above sounds great either way and the sound of this film should be standalone which is very much welcome after Newman’s “scores” 🍸