No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I expect one teaser before the end of the year, and a theatrical trailer in early February.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Star Wars only had a teaser, a reel and a trailer.
    antovolk wrote: »
    So have we officially given up on a teaser trailer and are only expecting a theatrical trailer now?

A theatrical trailer *instead* of a teaser. There'll still no doubt be two, if not even three, trailers in total...

Can they release only one trailer like GOT?
    How many trailers did avengers release and star wars did release 3.

Three to be exact, and so did Star Wars.

They'll release two,.there's no doubt about that. GOT is an apples and oranges comparison as that's a TV show...
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    So have we officially given up on a teaser trailer and are only expecting a theatrical trailer now?

A theatrical trailer *instead* of a teaser. There'll still no doubt be two, if not even three, trailers in total...

They'll release two,.there's no doubt about that. GOT is an apples and oranges comparison as that's a TV show...

I'm with you on two full trailers. So one begin December and one in February, sounds about right?
    Of course, we might get additional footage of the film in tv spots and the video clip for the title song, like we got with Adele (after the lyric video, there was a short song/film montage one) and Sam Smith.

Speaking of the song, do we have any idea when that'll be announced or released time-wise? In time for Christmas? Or is that too early?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited November 2019 Posts: 2,541

Yes this is true but GOT is also a big scale production compare to films and it used to release 3 trailers as well before season 8. This year most films & tv shows seems to have a lot of secrecy. Avengers/GOT/Star Wars and now bond which is good imo. Still I think we will get 2 trailers for NTTD.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,157

I'm with you on two full trailers. So one begin December and one in February, sounds about right?
    Of course, we might get additional footage of the film in tv spots and the video clip for the title song, like we got with Adele (after the lyric video, there was a short song/film montage one) and Sam Smith.

Speaking of the song, do we have any idea when that'll be announced or released time-wise? In time for Christmas? Or is that too early?

Adele and Smith were announced in September, about 1.5 months before movie premiere, so maybe around February-March unless EON decide to change things. But back then we had already heard rumors about both singer way earlier than that. Smith was rumored even before the December 2014 press conference (which makes sense since the song was recorded in January 2015). I remember hearing about Adele in Spring 2012 but it is possible she was rumored even earlier than that. Radiohead were also heavily rumored through 2015 and of course Ellie Goulding after she and Smith purposely tried to misdirect us.

This time, who knows what's going on. So far the ones who have been rumored the most are Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran and Sting (I'd be fine with Sting or Dua Lipa, but please keep Sheeran away from Bond), so going by what happened in the past it might be one of them, but we can't know for certain. Especially because a new director is behind NTTD, so we have no idea about his way of working - as far as I know, maybe Fukunaga didn't even want to think about the title song until the movie had finished filming.
    IIRC we used to find out who the singer was as early as four months before CR and QOS came out.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 4,400
    False Alarm? Lashana Lynch to play Agent '001':
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7668333/Bond-gets-electric-car-wife-refuses-second-Time-Die-film.html
    Lashana-Lynch.jpg?quality=80&w=807

Also, the report says that Adele has been asked back to do the title song.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7668333/Bond-gets-electric-car-wife-refuses-second-Time-Die-film.html

Tabloid BS
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Contraband wrote: »

Tabloid BS

"Craig's Bond is brought out of retirement to work alongside the female special agent to save the world from a villain who has developed a deadly algae which threatens to kill the world's oceans – a nod to the concerns of climate campaigners."

Ties in with that last report of an Algae Farm. Does sound plausible amongst Blofeld's Virus Omega plot
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869

Tabloid BS
    Ties in with that last report of an Algae Farm. Does sound plausible amongst Blofeld's Virus Omega plot
    Yes, but that could just mean the writer of the article has just stitched pieces together, rather than actually being a reliable source of information.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,018

Tabloid BS

"Craig's Bond is brought out of retirement to work alongside the female special agent to save the world from a villain who has developed a deadly algae which threatens to kill the world's oceans – a nod to the concerns of climate campaigners."

Was thinking more of the electric Aston. Not a single pic with that car behind the scenes.

And the article said something about Bond landing on a fishing boat. It's not possible to land on that boat going by the pictures fron Jamaica.

And the plot about algae. In my world it's just a guessing game. A plot theory among others from here maybe, reddit perhaps, random forums, and then picked up by the tabloids as the 'truth'

Always take Daily Mail articles with a sack of salt.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    Always take Daily Mail articles with a sack of salt.

It is the same journalist who first reported that PWB was hired as a writer and that the plot featured a retired Bond living in Jamaica. However, she did also report that Lashana was the new 007 and is now recanting on the story.....

Nice to see naughty innuendo hasn't died out. Not too surprising especially with PWB onboard

edited November 2019 Posts: 8,025
    Interestingly Fleming was a proponent for electric cars, as he was for clean energy.
    After so much discussion over the last few months, abandoning the Nomi as 007 angle entirely would be a hell of a cop out, not to mention make it appear like EON is cowtowing to the ‘go woke get broke’ idiots, if they aren’t actually recanting the idea because of the ‘fans’...

Her getting 001 later in the film after/if 007 comes back to active duty in the film may be where they comes from.
    Perhaps the media read “new 00-Agent” as “the new 007” and it just spiraled out of control.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Seriously not Adele again, Michael Kiwanuka should be the first and only choice, Barbara is apparently a huge fan.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Perhaps the media read “new 00-Agent” as “the new 007” and it just spiraled out of control.

Maybe but THR did confirm with their sources in that cover feature that the new 007 thing is indeed accurate...
  • I really hope it's Adele again if they asked her back. NO to Ed Sheeran or Dua Lipa!!
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 677
    The "innuendo" sounds like something from one of the Roger Moore movies. I mean, I like it don't get me wrong, but I'm just wondering whether that fits the Craig era. Maybe the tone of this film is different? Or maybe it's tabloid BS :D

And I'm still confused with Jamaica. Everything pointed to Bond being retired in solitude but if he is getting married to Madeleine it would make sense for it to happen before he's recruited for a new mission. But then how does the film start in Jamaica with Bond retired. Hmm.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It's hilarious how everything we've seen has just confused us more, it has made everything so much more exciting... for me anyway :D
    It’s a bit more exciting to be honest.

Nobody can accurately guess a rough outline of the film.

All we really know is bond and madeline are together in matera and bond is alone retired in Jamaica at some point, as well as the kidnapped scientist bit.

Still say this has got to be another 2hr 40 min film.

They also have to know who is doing the theme by now. It’s getting too close. I think if it were Adele we would of heard a bit sooner

Adele wasn't officially announced until October 1st, and the song only came out four days later, in time for "Global James Bond Day", a few weeks before the film was released. Sam Smith wasn't announced until September 8th, and his song came out on the 25th, a full month before the film's release.

If EON is going to hold this close to the vest like the last two times, we may never find out who is performing the title song until early February.
  • Tuck91 wrote: »

Agreed - it just seems like there's too much story to work through for it to be shorter. But we know so little it's all shots in the dark at this point.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Can‘t do wrong with Adele - IMHO she fits Bond like Shirley Bassey did. I would be all for since I‘m sure we would not get another rock song like YKMN (which I like a lot - it matched the energy level the whole film showed)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Tabloid BS
    Yep, that reads like absolute made-up rubbish.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I say thats being conservative. Theres so many plotlines, I can see it being closer to 3 hrs.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

I say thats being conservative. Theres so many plotlines, I can see it being closer to 3 hrs.

Good, the more bond the better.

Good, the more bond the better.

Especially after a 4.5 year wait