No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    For the people in the back... What is ADR?
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 2,436

Automated or Additional Dialogue Replacement - where the actors go back in and re-record their lines, when for instance, it was filmed on location and there was ambient background noise affecting the original sound recording.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I don't think EoN changed it, especially not due to any "reactions".
    They had their writers and story that they were confident with and went with it. Changing her number, based on how many shots this involves (dialoge, reactions) could be quite an undertaking for a finished film.

But what i was 100% sure month in advance was, that the tabloids would make that story up just to keep it running for another couple month. It was so utterly predictable. And why? So they can piss of more people, and stir up more shit, this time with the liberal crowd who actually liked the idea of a female 007. Just create controversy, keep the whole "Bond is becoming PC" alive. "oh no, now he isn't". Well maybe he was never supposed to.

It's in line with the media overestimating their self importance. And also it's in keeping with tradition of making EoN looks like incapable, reactive amatures. Utterly predictable as well.

I will simply wait for official news, as i don't believe anything anymore.
    I want EoN to stick with their vision whatever it was because i am still willing to trust their judgement.
  • 00Agent wrote: »
    They had their writers and story that they were confident with and went with it. Changing her number, based on how many shots this involves (dialoge, reactions) could be quite an undertaking for a finished film.

But what i was 100% sure month in advance was, that the tabloids would make that story up just to keep it running for another couple month. It was so utterly predictable. And why? So they can piss of more people, and stir up more shit, this time with the liberal crowd who actually liked the idea of a female 007. Just create controversy, keep the whole "Bond is becoming PC" alive. "oh no, now he isn't". Well maybe he was never supposed to.

It's in line with the media overestimating their self importance. And also it's in keeping with tradition of making EoN looks like incapable, reactive amatures. Utterly predictable as well.

I want EoN to stick with their vision whatever it was because i am still willing to trust their judgement.

I suspect it's been 001 from the get go.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    00Agent wrote: »

Totally possible, in which case the tabloids have severly damaged EoN's reputation as well as NTTD's public perception.
    Not helped by the fact that they basically still keep the narrative going and people will believe that EoN "chickened out" due to some "reactions" that the media created in the first place.

But let's just keep believing their garbage... sounds fun

Automated Dialogue Replacement. The Dialogue Editor (who is in charge of laying the dialogue tracks for re-recording in the sound mixing process) is tasked with re-recording an actor's dialogue (if needed and under the directors' creative guidance; i.e. the director directs the actor's ADR performance) and then the editor very precisely lays in the new ADR lines. ADR is required because - A/ the actor's dialogue is not audible enough or is spoilt by on-set noise such as SFX gun-fire or explosions etc., or heavy wind (or wind machines) or background noise ( traffic, aircraft etc.) during exterior filming. Or B/ the director (and/or producers) want to adjust or tweak the actor's performance, perhaps just the inflection, or to change a word or a line, like, for example, "007" to "001". Although changing a single word needs to be smartly done so it doesn't stand out because the new ADR line might fail to match the actor's lip sync (which human beings can spot instantly) - note Bernard Lee's M in Dr. No when, during the office scene, the editors spliced in "seven" to replace "Mi Six", but they just cut in the number to replace the word "six" and it jars and pops - most likely because it was a late last minute change and they had to cut the word directly into the mixed optical track (hence the pop), but today, with digital re-recording, ADR is incredibly sophisticated and seamless now.

• edited November 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Do bear in mind the 007 thing was corroborated by THR in their big Bond Women cover story last week, and given they're a Hollywood trade and not a piece of tabloid...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    antovolk wrote: »
    Do bear in mind the 007 thing was corroborated by THR in their big Bond Women cover story last week, and given they're a Hollywood trade and not a piece of tabloid...

That only shows them to be "stronger than ever" characters.

How does that mean we'll get a female 007 according to you? Because I don't see it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I read that opinion piece only once but didn't she say that Lashana refused to comment on the 'rumors' of her being 007?
    Which means THR doesn't know anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I read that opinion piece only once but didn't she say that Lashana refused to comment on the 'rumors' of her being 007?
    Which means THR doesn't know anything.

And this too of course.

:-w
    "So far, the biggest leak about No Time to Die is that Lynch's character begins the film having inherited the "007" designation from Bond, who has retired. (Lynch won't confirm the rumor, but sources close to the film tell THR that it's accurate.)"
    Which "sources"?
    "So far, the biggest leak about No Time to Die is that Lynch's character begins the film having inherited the "007" designation from Bond, who has retired. (Lynch won't confirm the rumor, but sources close to the film tell THR that it's accurate.)"

Yep. It's THR. They wouldn't print this if it wasn't true.
    So, they have provided undisputable proof!

Do share it with yer forum mates, please.

:D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think it'd be a bit of a missed opportunity to not replace Bond with another 007.
    Again, this is THR we're talking about, not a tabloid like Daily Mail/Express or even a blog. The trades usually wouldn't include something like this unless they were confident in it.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Has THR ever been wrong before about anything?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Perhaps the opposite is true. I would love it if
    Nomi was 001, but was changed to 007 in response to the public reaction to the tabloids.
    Again, this is THR we're talking about, not a tabloid like Daily Mail/Express or even a blog. The trades usually wouldn't include something like this unless they were confident in it.

For the last & final time: what's the exact proof?

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Kind of odd: a 1 and 7 can mirror each other, depending on how they are written. This 1 could easily venture into that territory:

c300.png
    I can't believe we're debating this.

It's THR. It's legit.

Also, IMO, there's no way they'd pass up the dramatic (and comedic) opportunity to have her holding the 007 number when Bond returns to the fold. It's like a job title. Obviously it's going to be given to someone else when he retires. And having Nomi be just "another 00" agent is something you get away with in a pretitles sequence, or when you need to set up direct conflict in GoldenEye, but I'd imagine it would weaken this film's plot if it's just "Bond partners up with another 00".

I obviously don't know the final answer and anything could happen. But I would be baffled if they chose not to make her 007. It's just too...right.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

It's THR. It's legit.

Also, IMO, there's no way they'd pass up the dramatic (and comedic) opportunity to have her holding the 007 number when Bond returns to the fold. It's like a job title. Obviously it's going to be given to someone else when he retires. And having Nomi be just "another 00" agent is something you get away with in a pretitles sequence, or when you need to set up direct conflict in GoldenEye, but I'd imagine it would weaken this film's plot if it's just "Bond partners up with another 00".

I obviously don't know the final answer and anything could happen. But I would be baffled if they chose not to make her 007. It's just too...right.

How legit have they been in the past about Bond?

And we'll debate anything, you must know that by now.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

It's THR. It's legit.

I certainly do. ;)

THR is on the same level as Variety, Deadline, etc. I can't think of specific examples that speak to their accuracy on Bond, but one has to assume anything they're printing has the level of validity you'd expect from all those other industry trades.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

It's THR. It's legit.

I certainly do. ;)

THR is on the same level as Variety, Deadline, etc. I can't think of specific examples that speak to their accuracy on Bond, but one has to assume anything they're printing has the level of validity you'd expect from all those other industry trades.

We shall see...

:-B :-?
  • There are a number of reason they are playing it coy with the '007' rumour....the most obvious being:
    Perhaps, Nomi is still a 00-in-training. We could meet her as she embarks on her first two kills. There was a rumour that Bond dies in this film. There is a chance that she inherits the '007' number once he dies.

The scene with M could very well be the final scene of the movie. Which would explain the conflicting rumours.

Essentially, we still don't know anything and can only speculate.

I sincerely doubt that if the '007' rumour is correct that Eon got scared and pulled the plug. For every naysayer there were plenty of folk supporting her.

In fact, numerous people who worked on 'No Time to Die' or know Lashana confirmed she was '007'.

Nicola Thorp confirmed n her Instagram (in a now deleted story) that Lashana was '007'. She was on set in Pinewood. I suspect she may have a small role in the film

The stylist for THR also called Lashana the new '007':

• THR isn't right 100% of the time. They claimed according to their sources that Jessica Chastain would play Lilandra in the last X-Men movie, which didn't turn out to be true.

However, I do think Lashana will be 007 in this movie. I feel like why keep mum about it if it's already out there (Oberhauser isn't Blofeld vibes), but, it is what it is.
    I’m surprised they did the nomi as 007 angle after Oberhauser stepbrother
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Tuck91 wrote: »

What is the correlation between the two things?
    It's like a job title. Obviously it's going to be given to someone else when he retires.

It's not that obvious since Fleming's books actally imply that a new agent always gets a number that no agent has ever used.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

It's THR. It's legit.

Yeah, if a character quits their job and then has to come back, there’s always a bit of value in them meeting their replacement. It’s just dramatically interesting as it’s a sort of comment on that character and his relationship with others to see who they’ve replaced him with. It’s just something you would do, surely.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Walecs wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »

What is the correlation between the two things?
    It's like a job title. Obviously it's going to be given to someone else when he retires.

It's not that obvious since Fleming's books actally imply that a new agent always gets a number that no agent has ever used.

I think the ‘sticking to the exact word of Fleming’ ship sailed in 1962. Probably around the second James Bond was shown to work for MI7 :D