No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited November 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Walecs wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m surprised they did the nomi as 007 angle after Oberhauser stepbrother

What is the correlation between the two things?
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    It's like a job title. Obviously it's going to be given to someone else when he retires.

It's not that obvious since Fleming's books actally imply that a new agent always gets a number that no agent has ever used.
    Plus, in Fleming´s novels, IRRC there were only three or four 00 agents in total.

mtm wrote: »

It's like a job title. Obviously it's going to be given to someone else when he retires.

It's not that obvious since Fleming's books actally imply that a new agent always gets a number that no agent has ever used.

I think the ‘sticking to the exact word of Fleming’ ship sailed in 1962. Probably around the second James Bond was shown to work for MI7 :D
    Recent Bond films made a point of going back to Fleming, in fact they tried to put elements on screen that weren´t part of film Bond but were akin to literary Bond.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    boldfinger wrote: »

Plus, in Fleming´s novels, IRRC there were only three or four 00 agents in total.

I think the ‘sticking to the exact word of Fleming’ ship sailed in 1962. Probably around the second James Bond was shown to work for MI7 :D
    Recent Bond films made a point of going back to Fleming, in fact they tried to put elements on screen that weren´t part of film Bond but were akin to literary Bond.

Fleming didn't give any other agent 007
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    00Agent wrote: »
    I don't think EoN changed it, especially not due to any "reactions".
    They had their writers and story that they were confident with and went with it. Changing her number, based on how many shots this involves (dialoge, reactions) could be quite an undertaking for a finished film.

But what i was 100% sure month in advance was, that the tabloids would make that story up just to keep it running for another couple month. It was so utterly predictable. And why? So they can piss of more people, and stir up more shit, this time with the liberal crowd who actually liked the idea of a female 007. Just create controversy, keep the whole "Bond is becoming PC" alive. "oh no, now he isn't". Well maybe he was never supposed to.

It's in line with the media overestimating their self importance. And also it's in keeping with tradition of making EoN looks like incapable, reactive amatures. Utterly predictable as well.

I will simply wait for official news, as i don't believe anything anymore.
    I want EoN to stick with their vision whatever it was because i am still willing to trust their judgement.

I suspect it's been 001 from the get go.

I bet that too totally possible. There is really three possibilities she was 007 and is staying it two she was always 001 really and is staying it or she was 007 and then changed to 001. This caroline graham who I tweeted was right before on her previous stories so she isn't totally incorrect whether you like the news from her or not she must have some creditable source or sources.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    boldfinger wrote: »

Like him living in a house called Skyfall or growing up with Blofeld as his brother? :D
    You have not found proof that it’s impossible they’d give anyone else the 007 number, no :)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Do we really need to keep having this debate? It seems pretty obvious to me at this point that she is the new 007, and to be honest, whether Fleming originally wrote it that way doesn't really matter...

...also I'm sure we can safely say that people would still be moaning even if the 007 name didn't appear at all.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    If I may bring us back to NTTD news, @Archivo_007 have an article out containing a few interesting tidbits on the film:

https://archivo007.com/novedades-de-sin-tiempo-para-morir/
    • The Cuban scenes will feature a chase with Cuban policemen chasing Bond and Paloma in a 'fast-paced' night scene. The police will drive Ladas.
    • Daniel Craig finished the shoot looking exhausted. He thanked the crew and said goodbye because this is his last Bond film and then went on vacation to New York. He did not attend the wrap party (but we figured that out already)
    • Most interestingly, they reported on NTTD and Bond 26 shooting back to back. That was (understandably) met with huge scepsis. They now return from that view point, but say that there might be some truth to (part of) the story. They've heard that the Pinewood team are working simultaneously on another project at Pinewood for Barbara Broccoli. The project revolves around two sisters and has action scenes. They do admit they have no idea if this is a new film, a tv show or indeed, if it has anything to do with Bond.

My guess is that BB is just lining up her next project post-NTTD, that it's non-Bond, and it might even be that war movie EON bought a plane for. But I don't see them rush into production on Bond 26 just yet
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I don't think EoN changed it, especially not due to any "reactions".
    They had their writers and story that they were confident with and went with it. Changing her number, based on how many shots this involves (dialoge, reactions) could be quite an undertaking for a finished film.

But what i was 100% sure month in advance was, that the tabloids would make that story up just to keep it running for another couple month. It was so utterly predictable. And why? So they can piss of more people, and stir up more shit, this time with the liberal crowd who actually liked the idea of a female 007. Just create controversy, keep the whole "Bond is becoming PC" alive. "oh no, now he isn't". Well maybe he was never supposed to.

It's in line with the media overestimating their self importance. And also it's in keeping with tradition of making EoN looks like incapable, reactive amatures. Utterly predictable as well.

I will simply wait for official news, as i don't believe anything anymore.
    I want EoN to stick with their vision whatever it was because i am still willing to trust their judgement.

I suspect it's been 001 from the get go.

I bet that too totally possible. There is really three possibilities she was 007 and is staying it two she was always 001 really and is staying it or she was 007 and then changed to 001. This caroline graham who I tweeted was right before on her previous stories so she isn't totally incorrect whether you like the news from her or not she must have some creditable source or sources.

Is that the Mail journalist? She say he’s driving a car in it which he isn’t and makes up some awful lines ‘from the script’. There’s no reason to believe any of it.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    If I may bring us back to NTTD news, @Archivo_007 have an article out containing a few interesting tidbits on the film:

• The Cuban scenes will feature a chase with Cuban policemen chasing Bond and Paloma in a 'fast-paced' night scene. The police will drive Ladas.
    • Daniel Craig finished the shoot looking exhausted. He thanked the crew and said goodbye because this is his last Bond film and then went on vacation to New York. He did not attend the wrap party (but we figured that out already)
    • Most interestingly, they reported on NTTD and Bond 26 shooting back to back. That was (understandably) met with huge scepsis. They now return from that view point, but say that there might be some truth to (part of) the story. They've heard that the Pinewood team are working simultaneously on another project at Pinewood for Barbara Broccoli. The project revolves around two sisters and has action scenes. They do admit they have no idea if this is a new film, a tv show or indeed, if it has anything to do with Bond.

My guess is that BB is just lining up her next project post-NTTD, that it's non-Bond, and it might even be that war movie EON bought a plane for. But I don't see them rush into production on Bond 26 just yet

My guess is that this article is bullshit. Daniel going back to New York for a vacation? The man bloody lives in the city!!!

I never said she was right about everything but she was the first to report about this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6919481/Fleabag-stars-latest-creation-MeToo-makeover-James-Bond.html and this she's got some creditably too bad I can't send a pic of the tweet she wrote https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7244671/Thought-007-never-woman-black-shes-James-Bond-hand-number-over.html
    The first one is pretty accurate the second one maybe this one we will see. She unfortunately doesn't tweet much so I didn't get a response back.

My guess is that this article is bullshit. Daniel going back to New York for a vacation? The man bloody lives in the city!!!

Could be a translation error on my part. The meaning of the Spanish vacaciones can also mean rest or downtime. So not literal holiday, more like spending a quiet time with his family
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Do we really need to keep having this debate? It seems pretty obvious to me at this point that she is the new 007, and to be honest, whether Fleming originally wrote it that way doesn't really matter...

...also I'm sure we can safely say that people would still be moaning even if the 007 name didn't appear at all.

I guess you can think that and I'm not moaning I'm just say things could have changed we are in post production and lots of things are kept in or out of a film. We will see what made it or not I wouldn't be surprised by anything about this film whether she is still 007 or isn't @Denbigh
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,343
    A journalist from the DM says that NTTD will open with the jaw dropping moment of Lynch being introduced as the new 007 since Bond retired in Jamaica: everybody believes that, the fandom goes crazy, spin-off already in the making.

Months later, the very same journalist says insiders told them that now those plans could be scrapped and Lynch is now supposed to play 001: no one believes that, no one cares.

Mmmh, ok.
    matt_u wrote: »
    A journalist from the DM says that NTTD will open with the jaw dropping moment of Lynch being introduced as the new 007 since Bond retired in Jamaica: everybody believes that.

Months later, the very same journalist says insiders told them that now those plans could be scrapped and Lynch will play 001: no one believes that.

Mmmh, ok.

@matt_u I never said she was completely right I feel she got some stuff right and she could be credible then people just bypassing her because she works for a tabloid Baz works for a tabloid remember.

Edit: I guess forget it this isn't going anywhere.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869

I guess you can think that and I'm not moaning I'm just say things could have changed we are in post production and lots of things are kept in or out of a film. We will see what made it or not I wouldn't be surprised by anything about this film whether she is still 007 or isn't @Denbigh
    I just think it would be too big of a plot point to change your mind last minute about. My thought process is that this concept wouldn't have got to where it is now if it was just an idea that was thrown to the side before filming, and it wouldn't be something to just get rid of in post-production. To edit around such a big part of a character's identity would be strange, it'd be like trying to edit out Alec Trevelyan being a former MI6 agent in many ways I think...

...and to ditch the idea is just kinda cowardly as well. If you're gonna do something, stick to it with pride, otherwise if you don't think it's gonna work, it probably won't.
    A journalist from the DM says that NTTD will open with the jaw dropping moment of Lynch being introduced as the new 007 since Bond retired in Jamaica: everybody believes that.

Months later, the very same journalist says insiders told them that now those plans could be scrapped and Lynch will play 001: no one believes that.

Mmmh, ok.

@matt_u I never said she was completely right I feel she got some stuff right and she could be credible then people just bypassing her.

Yeah I wasn't directly referring to you, but this just feels like the overall generic reaction about this situation.

But I have a question for everybody... do you guys really think that the final film of Craig as James Bond 007 - with EoN officially stating [...] Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth film as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007 - won't feature James Bond being 007 for the entire film? Bearing in mind that Bond is not 007 by the beginning of the film, since the quitted in SP, etc etc.

I don't, honestly.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Mmmh, ok.

@matt_u I never said she was completely right I feel she got some stuff right and she could be credible then people just bypassing her.

But I have a question for everybody... do you guys really think that the final film of Craig as James Bond 007 - with EoN officially stating [...] Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth film as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007 - won't feature James Bond being 007 for the entire film? Bearing in mind that Bond is not 007 by the beginning of the film, since the quitted in SP, etc etc.
    I think it's possible yes, and I don't think the film's success should/will be hindered by that...

Mmmh, ok.

Yeah I wasn't directly referring to you, but this just feels like the overall generic reaction about this situation.

I don't, honestly.

I don't either it would seem silly to print all of that and in the film he isn't 007.

I just think it would be too big of a plot point to change your mind last minute about. My thought process is that this concept wouldn't have got to where it is now if it was just an idea that was thrown to the side before filming, and it wouldn't be something to just get rid of in post-production. To edit around such a big part of a character's identity would be strange, it'd be like trying to edit out Alec Trevelyan being a former MI6 agent in many ways I think...

...and to ditch the idea is just kinda cowardly as well. If you're gonna do something, stick to it with pride, otherwise if you don't think it's gonna work, it probably won't.

Really we don't know anything about EON these days I feel.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thank you @DeerAtTheGates for save me the work ;) and for the clarifications...

Here is the complete video to avoid misunderstandings (in Spanish, obviously):

You can validate the credibility of the news at 11:40. That came directly from Pinewood.

Last but not least, the rough cut is almost finished (90%) and the trailer more than ready... but this we already knew.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Mmmh, ok.

I don't, honestly.

I don't either it would seem silly to print all of that and in the film he isn't 007.
    Although we are yet to see anything with that print on.

Really we don't know anything about EON these days I feel.
    True, but that goes for both arguments, but we'll see what happens. Either way, so excited!!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,018
    "The Cuban scenes will feature a chase with Cuban policemen chasing Bond and Paloma in a 'fast-paced' night scene. The police will drive Ladas."

White ladas in pic with standby-lights and police numbers on the side.

ibdn0w6.png

"Daniel Craig finished the shoot looking exhausted. He thanked the crew and said goodbye because this is his last Bond film and then went on vacation to New York. He did not attend the wrap party (but we figured that out already)"

He didn't look exhausted at all, dressed in tuxedo, when they wrapped 25 oct at the Havanna-set.

Compare these two.

Pic 1) The green painted wall in b.g. with
    Pic 2) Upper left side, green exterior wall, Havanna set.

Same green colour/decor/style?

teEZVv5.jpg
    AcH6vwF.jpg

If so that would almost verify all the other set-pics I found the other day as legit.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/1049216#Comment_1049216
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,343
    On a side note, I can see the movie ending with Nomi being 007 only if EoN plans to sell the property.
    Contraband wrote: »
    If so that would almost verify all the other set-pics I found the other day as legit.

Yep!
    Roll on next month! :-bd
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    On a side note, I can see the movie ending with Nomi being 007 only if EoN plans to sell the property.

If they do that they might as well give it away for free, cause no one will want it.

If they do that they might as well give it away for free, cause no one will want it.

I couldn't agree more.

Without mentioning that Ian Fleming's works will enter public domain in 2035...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    ...or it can just been seen as a way to end this era, and the next era will be rebooted again?
    ...or it can just been seen as a way to end this era, and the next era will be rebooted again?

Sure, but wouldn't fell weird? Wouldn't feel forced, just as a concept? Like a step back? Like "we don't have the balls to go this way"? People will think: "Yeah, that Nomi thing didn't make sense, fortunately they changed their minds".
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Thank you @DeerAtTheGates for save me the work ;) and for the clarifications...

With pleasure! Thank you for the news, @ggl007, much appreciated! Also, my Spanish isn't good at all, and Google translate missed a few nuances, I'm afraid. ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Sure, but wouldn't fell weird? Wouldn't feel forced, just as a concept? Like a step back? Like "we don't have the balls to go this way"? People will think: "Yeah, that Nomi thing didn't make sense, fortunately they changed their minds".
    I think in that sense it would just be about honoring the character you've created in the story your're telling, and also depends on how the concept of the "handed down 007 codename" is handled. If it feels right for the story and the characters, then they should easily be able to move on. I think if she's not 007 till the end of the film, the concept would be more aimed at showing us a glimpse of the future for MI6, after James Bond has finally left the service for good. If this isn't the case, I'd imagine she'll be 007 earlier on in the film. Either way, again, my enjoyment of this film will not be based on who is 007...