• NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Getafix wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    No time to die looks as like it will come in at 150-175 mil

?????

The budget will likely be 150-175

Thats a more reasonable budget than Spectre but still a lot of coin. Hopefully it translates to the screen.

The missing $25m is probably what Mendes got paid for SP. Hopefully no significant drop in the actual production budget.

The spectre budget was 245-300M

?????

Thats a more reasonable budget than Spectre but still a lot of coin. Hopefully it translates to the screen.

The missing $25m is probably what Mendes got paid for SP. Hopefully no significant drop in the actual production budget.

Really? That's totally insane. Thought it was $200m. Mendes really wasted it if that's the case. The use of Rome is abysmal. They couldn't have filmed the SPECTRE meeting at a pallazzo in Rome with all that budget? And that lame crater base and daft explosion.... Just goes to show some directors shouldn't be given cash to splash.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia

?????

Really? That's totally insane. Thought it was $200m. Mendes really wasted it if that's the case. The use of Rome is abysmal. They couldn't have filmed the SPECTRE meeting at a pallazzo in Rome with all that budget? And that lame crater base and daft explosion.... Just goes to show some directors shouldn't be given cash to splash.

Then again there's always the magic of Pinewood and by god, cash can be spilt there quite quickly these days.
    Yes. These big budgets don't always work in the film's favour. Can't say I've really had the feeling the money is all up there on the screen for many years.

Are these the biggest Bond budgets in real terms or do they compare to the budgets of yesteryear? Either way, there were definitley more epic films made in the 60s and 70s where you really felt the productions were worth every penny.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    peter wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    The director deserves a (few) week(s) off, IMO. I'm sure EON has a very strict schedule, and Fukunaga surely knows when he's expected to show up again.
    He's just been shooting for months. Cut him some slack.

It does seem a bit odd, to be honest.

That’s coz you’ve directed a lot of two hundred million dollar films... (eyes roll)

Have you?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

?????

I thought Rome looked lovely in it. I like those aerial shots.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 11,425
    How much does an aerial shot cost? Most of the Rome stuff is shot at night and you don't see much. Was it too much to expect some street scenes? A fight amongst the ruins of the Roman forum? A rendezvous with a contact inside St Peters? Something that actually showed Bond convincingly in Rome? Such a missed opportunity. So lame.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited November 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Cary taking a vacation and I think a lot of people should get as well. Meanwhile something to cool off.... Here's a video which I think is very underrated. Best bond Tribute
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Roger Friedman: Adele to return and record NTTD title song?

This same reporter was the first to confirm that Adele would do SF and that Smith would do SP. He also posted the lyrics for Adele's song online prior to the song's release. So he has good credentials. Personally, I hope Adele passes as she can't really top SF.

Though it would be marketing gold to get the 'return of Adele.' Though, I'd much prefer Arianna Grande or Lana Del Rey. Heck, I'd love Frank Ocean.

but, I think we all know that this is Adele's job to loose. She'll probably return as its Daniel's last film as Bond.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The director deserves a (few) week(s) off, IMO. I'm sure EON has a very strict schedule, and Fukunaga surely knows when he's expected to show up again.

That’s coz you’ve directed a lot of two hundred million dollar films... (eyes roll)

Have you?

Not at all, but I don't find a director taking the weekend off as being odd.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 154

Have you?

Agreed @peter. If anything, this, to me, is a good sign. It also gives Cary a chance to recharge his batteries and head into post production with a clear head.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yes, @Matt ... I'm sure Cary isn't the only one taking a few days. Meanwhile, the editors are making the rough/assembly edit of the film, and when that's ready, all the proper people will be back at the studio...

This same reporter was the first to confirm that Adele would do SF and that Smith would do SP. He also posted the lyrics for Adele's song online prior to the song's release. So he has good credentials. Personally, I hope Adele passes as she can't really top SF.

Though it would be marketing gold to get the 'return of Adele.' Though, I'd much prefer Arianna Grande or Lana Del Rey. Heck, I'd love Frank Ocean.

but, I think we all know that this is Adele's job to loose. She'll probably return as its Daniel's last film as Bond.

Ughh I love Adele but please get someone new.
    Whats happens to any left over money in the budget?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Whats happens to any left over money in the budget?

Polo holidays.
  • manovermanover uk
    Personally dont mind having adelle back...shes the best in the business...and the publicity would be great.
    We should take a note or two from Cary. That's the way to go about it. What's for you will not go by you, specially if you've worked as hard as he has on this productions, writing, directing, overseeing absolutely everything. We should all learn that taking some time off is the proper thing to do after you've just won a bout or have a sure thing on your pocket, a winning hand, so to speak. And if one can fly to a polo game on the far side of the world, one should. He's our very own Thomas Crown. We hadn't a flamboyant director since Terence Young.

Don't mind PP, his bum's out of the window. Just CARY on :-D
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I think they have their schedule sorted out. That's why they postponed the movie to April, to give everyone the time to finish what they have to without too much pressure.
    So probably they don't need to work during the weekends.
    BTW do you know if the special effects are done before or after the final montage of the movie?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Please tell me you jest?

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

+1. I think we should always get someone new to record the theme song. I know Bassey did three songs, but there was a five movie gap between GF and DAF and another five movie gap between DAF and MR. Skyfall was only two movies ago. If Adele were to return I'd rather have her for Bond 28-29 (although who knows when those will come out).
    Walecs wrote: »

+1. I think we should always get someone new to record the theme song. I know Bassey did three songs, but there was a five movie gap between GF and DAF and another five movie gap between DAF and MR. Skyfall was only two movies ago. If Adele were to return I'd rather have her for Bond 28-29 (although who knows when those will come out).

Also don't forget Bassey was a very very last min choice for Moonraker. They didn't want her originally.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Me checking this thread on my lunch break:

giphy.gif
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    How much does an aerial shot cost? Most of the Rome stuff is shot at night and you don't see much. Was it too much to expect some street scenes? A fight amongst the ruins of the Roman forum? A rendezvous with a contact inside St Peters? Something that actually showed Bond convincingly in Rome? Such a missed opportunity. So lame.

There was loads of Rome in it. It looked great. I saw him on the street, overlooking the city etc.

Have you?

If I can’t comment because I haven’t directed huge movies then neither can you.
  • peterpeter Toronto

There was loads of Rome in it. It looked great. I saw him on the street, overlooking the city etc.

Have you?

I’ve worked on film sets, @mtm . I’ve been in editing suites watching the assemblies and various cuts happening. Knowing the director is on a mini vacation between shooting and editing is not odd.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,416
    Adele not earlier then Bond 26. Stil disapointed she not release 25 with Skyfall on it and we haven't heard from her for a whyle. Since 2013 or so. Sam Smith beats her now, but i don't whant him back for another one. Not asking her back yet wil give more trust too.
    I can't believe we're allowing the thread to be hijacked by something as dumb as this.

Building on what @peter and others have said -- Cary just finished a grueling 6-month shoot. If there were ever a perfect moment for him to take a quick break, this short window before diving full-time into post production is exactly it. Could be a few days, or heck, even a week.

This is an utter non-issue. The man will have nearly 5 months to finish the film in post and this initial work (especially) to get assembly cuts and major pieces in place don't necessarily require him looking over everyone's shoulder.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Have you?

I’ve worked on film sets, @mtm . I’ve been in editing suites watching the assemblies and various cuts happening. Knowing the director is on a mini vacation between shooting and editing is not odd.

Isn't there usually a 7-10 day window between final shooting wrap and the start of the first assembly anyway?
  • Walecs wrote: »

Bassey defined the sound of Bond music….but I think it is undeniable that Adele has picked up that mantel now. She’s the new Queen of Bond music.

However…..I think your logic is flawed. I don’t think gaps between films is all that significant a notion. What is significant for a performer like Adele is who is playing the lead. We know that a big reason why she did SF was because of Daniel Craig. I think that if Adele were to return it would be because its Craig’s swan-song. Which means she gets to do a big ballad saying goodbye to his 007.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22240-1358137364-2.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

I mean who wouldn’t want that (especially Eon and the marketing team at Universal). If Adele wants to come back, then she’ll come back. But I’d bet my shirt that she wouldn’t consider returning in 5 movies time for another actor. It’s now or never.

Still praying for Lana Del Rey, though…………………………..this video is enough to convince anyone:

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »

Bassey defined the sound of Bond music….but I think it is undeniable that Adele has picked up that mantel now. She’s the new Queen of Bond music.

However…..I think your logic is flawed.

Logic? I was talking of personal preference. I couldn't care less about market, her friendship with Craig or whatever. I'm just saying I don't want to hear a new song from Adele's so close after watching Skyfall when marathoning Bond movies.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 3,164
    For those keeping track - the EXIF data on that still with Craig places it on September 5, and seemingly Day 85 of shooting...just before they went to Matera.