No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited November 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Once again I express my opinion about a new piece of NTTD information without being offensive and people who simply disagree with my opinion resort to personal attacks.

@talos7 You know nothing about David Fincher then.

How can we be personal about someone we don't know. Be aware - we are strictly denigrating your views and your temerity to beat a dead horse.

Don't get it twisted and start claiming that people are bullying you. No one knows you. We just know your nonsensical views and it is that which we attack.
    Once again I express my opinion about a new piece of NTTD information without being offensive and people who simply disagree with my opinion resort to personal attacks.

@Pierce2Daniel I might not have model looks (although I am pretty close to it), I certainly look significantly better than you.

See.

That is making it personal.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

@Pierce2Daniel I might not have model looks (although I am pretty close to it), I certainly look significantly better than you.

Because by your very nature you are obnoxious.
    The playing the victim schtick is beyond tired and obvious.
    You get some perverse pleasure out of getting negative reactions to your , intentionally, provocative posts .
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    When times get tough lets remind ourselves why we're here :) Will always share this over and over...

• Lol Panchito, saying Cary doesn't have passion for the project and that he ran off to avoid his responsibilities invites discourse. Time to own up the mess you caused.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 440
    @Pierce2Daniel Thank you for the update. Know we know Cary's heart is not completely in it.
    Meanwhile CJF is on vacation in Nihi Sumba Island
    The director of the movie is on vacation on the other side of the planet when he should be very busy leading the post-production?! What on earth is going on with this film???

Are you being serious?
    I am 100% serious. Cary wants to spend the weekend in Paris or Rome? Fine, no problem! Cary wants to travel to the other side of the planet for god knows how long while NTTD is in post production? Completely unaccaptable. Someone as dedicated as David Fincher or James Cameron NEVER would do such a thing, and you know it.

Well for a start, we don't know that they would NEVER do such a thing, that's just you PROJECTING. They are also notorious for being two of the most obsessed directors in the business; they are not a standard by which others can be judged, not to mention, they are often the head producers of the projects they work on, which Cary is not.

Big blockbusters, especially ones with short post-production schedules like the Bond films pretty much begin editing as soon as the cameras start rolling. By this point, they likely have a complete work-in-progress edit of the film, and if those leaks are true, finished VFX for a number of shots already.

Cary Fukanaga going on holiday, after dedicating over a full year of his life to planning the film, shooting the film, and having to cope with the multiple delays and the necessity of rescheduling huge swaths of the filming multiple times, doesn't strike me as laziness at all.

It strikes me as a man who has just spent a stressful 365+ days going on a bit of a break while the film's producers (you know, the people actually in charge of the whole thing) look over his work and decide what work he needs to do next.
    This thread…

giphy.gif
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited November 2019 Posts: 2,630
    @Pierce2Daniel Cary will be able to go on vacation for MONTHS after March 2020. Something most people are never able to do until they retire.
    Benny wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to bother EON, the studio, 99% of Bond fans though.
    Oh, it will bother Bond fans if the film ends up being disappointing because his heart never was in it. As for it not bothering EON, Barbara is probably happy she can make all the important decisions right now while her director is far away.

If the film ends up not great, no one is going to blame it on the director taking a week’s holiday right after an exhaustive shooting and roughly 5-6 months of post on the horizon. Get over yourself, pal.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Denbigh wrote: »
    When times get tough lets remind ourselves why we're here :) Will always share this over and over...

Love this, watch it all the time.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    This thread…

giphy.gif

Lol nice one ;) @Torgeirtrap more gordan Ramsay memes the better
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Should we remind us the press brought up he played playstation and was late to set ok I'm done lol.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Denbigh wrote: »

Love this, watch it all the time.
    My favourite part is when the Tennyson quote kicks in. Actually it perfectly sums up the whole franchise and those behind it :)
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
    .”
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The director deserves a (few) week(s) off, IMO. I'm sure EON has a very strict schedule, and Fukunaga surely knows when he's expected to show up again.
    He's just been shooting for months. Cut him some slack.

It does seem a bit odd, to be honest.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    No disrespect to the mods intended, but how the hell is Panchito still here?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Remington wrote: »

Entertainment value maybe?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »

Entertainment value maybe?

Lol makes sense to me.
    LOL at people freaking out about Cary taking a vacation after working 6 months straight on a massive project. Give him a break.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 871
    Are you guys serious?

That was such a ridiculous comment, and yet we have two pages of discussion about it.

Instead of ignoring it, people are giving lectures about annual holidays, modern filmmaking, health issues and whatnot...

I'm continually amazed at how easy it is to provoke a reaction here.

;))
    I have an idea, just ignore Panchito‘s comments. Don’t reply or try to argue with him. It’s exactly what he wants.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    If there's one thing that brings us all together it's our mutual distaste of @PanchitoPistoles.
    KizerK wrote: »
    I have an idea, just ignore Panchito‘s comments. Don’t reply or try to argue with him. It’s exactly what he wants.
    This would be my recommendation as well, one even I struggle to adhere to at times.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 440
    I just realized that this will be the first time in decades that we will have had the first trailer for a Bond film released after the film has fully finished shooting.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    LOL at people freaking out about Cary taking a vacation after working 6 months straight on a massive project. Give him a break.

Just one guy.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited November 2019 Posts: 8,493
    mtm wrote: »
    The director deserves a (few) week(s) off, IMO. I'm sure EON has a very strict schedule, and Fukunaga surely knows when he's expected to show up again.
    He's just been shooting for months. Cut him some slack.

It does seem a bit odd, to be honest.

That’s coz you’ve directed a lot of two hundred million dollar films... (eyes roll)
    No time to die looks as like it will come in at 150-175 mil
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Tuck91 wrote: »

?????

?????

The budget will likely be 150-175

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

?????

Thats a more reasonable budget than Spectre but still a lot of coin. Hopefully it translates to the screen.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Bentley007 wrote: »

?????

Thats a more reasonable budget than Spectre but still a lot of coin. Hopefully it translates to the screen.
    I’d wager Tuck is just guessing, not reporting anything factual.
    Bentley007 wrote: »

?????

The missing $25m is probably what Mendes got paid for SP. Hopefully no significant drop in the actual production budget.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    @PanchitoPistoles is right. This production is utterly doomed because the director decided to take a weekend break on a different continent. The setbacks cause by this negligence is going to come with a huge cost. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he actually walked off the film project altogether, or maybe even fired, and now EON needs to find someone to finish the work. Maybe they'll bring in David Arnold to overlook post-production work! He may not conduct his own music but he does conduct miracles!
    Meanwhile CJF is on vacation in Nihi Sumba Island
    The director of the movie is on vacation on the other side of the planet when he should be very busy leading the post-production?! What on earth is going on with this film???

Someone please tell me that photo was taken a long time ago and Cary is NOT in Indonesia at this very moment!
    This is why I don’t frequent the boards as much as I used to.