No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Getafix wrote: »
    EON tweeting that photo first published by Empire:

Is this from NTTD? Looks like a working class hero.

It looks more like 'Cowboys and Aliens 2' than Bond 25!
  • RC7RC7
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    EON tweeting that photo first published by Empire:

Is this from NTTD? Looks like a working class hero.

It looks more like 'Cowboys and Aliens 2' than Bond 25!

Did they wear tactical pants in Cowboys and Aliens?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 1,261
    TripAces wrote: »

?
    Throwing in my support for Arnold return, I'll be ok if any other composer joins production though!
    That poster is just a grump about David Arnold, that's all there is to it, going as far as shamelessly mocking him for "lack of work", so yeah, a real mature position!

LOL. I am sorry: pointing out Arnold's lack of work is a fact. And if you were to dig a little deeper, you'd see that I enjoyed much of Arnold's work on CR and QoS. I consider "NIght at the Opera" to be one of the single greatest Bond pieces ever composed. But his time and style have passed. I simply disagree that he is "the" composer this series needs now or in the future. He's been put out to pasture, so the speak. Keep him there.

Then bring on the Zimster. Hans Zimmer that is. *forceshiswayto the door*
    And some people still don't accept Barry having died in 2011, as they thought him to be immortal.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Is it worth getting the new Empire in terms of getting something about NTTD?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,018
    MrBond wrote: »

I have the article. Not much. Can post it here. Original posted by a member here. Don't remember who but cred goes to him.

6V6L1JL.jpg
    TripAces wrote: »

?
    Throwing in my support for Arnold return, I'll be ok if any other composer joins production though!
    That poster is just a grump about David Arnold, that's all there is to it, going as far as shamelessly mocking him for "lack of work", so yeah, a real mature position!

LOL. I am sorry: pointing out Arnold's lack of work is a fact. And if you were to dig a little deeper, you'd see that I enjoyed much of Arnold's work on CR and QoS. I consider "NIght at the Opera" to be one of the single greatest Bond pieces ever composed. But his time and style have passed. I simply disagree that he is "the" composer this series needs now or in the future. He's been put out to pasture, so the speak. Keep him there.

Then bring on the Zimster. Hans Zimmer that is. *forceshiswayto the door*
    And some people still don't accept Barry having died in 2011, as they thought him to be immortal.
    You realise that you shouldn´t make such jokes on the internet, @HerrDoktor? You know how people are, they read it and think it´s real. And all of a sudden, Eon thinks people want that guy to make Bond music. *shudder*
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Just don't mention Zimmer when writing about Bond scores (even if joking). Please.

giphy.gif
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Just don't mention Zimmer when writing about Bond scores (even if joking). Please.

giphy.gif

+1. I'd rather have Eric Serra back
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Walecs wrote: »

giphy.gif

+1. I'd rather have Eric Serra back

Rather not go there either; "Ladies First" definitely makes me shudder…
    Won't bother purchasing Empire then peeps.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Contraband wrote: »
    MrBond wrote: »

I have the article. Not much. Can post it here. Original posted by a member here. Don't remember who but cred goes to him.

6V6L1JL.jpg

Cheers!
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Meanwhile CJF is on vacation in Nihi Sumba Island
    The director of the movie is on vacation on the other side of the planet when he should be very busy leading the post-production?! What on earth is going on with this film???

Someone please tell me that photo was taken a long time ago and Cary is NOT in Indonesia at this very moment!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The director of the movie is on vacation on the other side of the planet when he should be very busy leading the post-production?! What on earth is going on with this film???

Are you being serious?
  • Meanwhile CJF is on vacation in Nihi Sumba Island

Someone please tell me that photo was taken a long time ago and Cary is NOT in Indonesia at this very moment!

I'm sorry to have to trouble such a young, handsome and hirsute man like yourself.......but he is indeed in Indonesia celebrating World Polo Day

@Pierce2Daniel Thank you for the update. Know we know Cary's heart is not completely in it.

Are you being serious?
    I am 100% serious. Cary wants to spend the weekend in Paris or Rome? Fine, no problem! Cary wants to travel to the other side of the planet for god knows how long while NTTD is in post production? Completely unaccaptable. Someone as dedicated as David Fincher or James Cameron NEVER would do such a thing, and you know it.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

If anything this suggests things are going well and Romer is still on as composer. Or else Cary would for sure be involved in the new compiser search.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited November 2019 Posts: 524
    The director deserves a (few) week(s) off, IMO. I'm sure EON has a very strict schedule, and Fukunaga surely knows when he's expected to show up again.
    He's just been shooting for months. Cut him some slack.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Sorry this offends you @PanchitoPistoles
    Doesn't seem to bother EON, the studio, 99% of Bond fans though.
    Research suggests, a happy worker, is a good worker. You cannot judge a situation, that you know nothing about. You see it as CJF slacking off. When you don't know the reasons for this. It's not all doom and gloom pal.
  • @Pierce2Daniel Thank you for the update. Know we know Cary's heart is not completely in it.

Are you being serious?
    I am 100% serious. Cary wants to spend the weekend in Paris or Rome? Fine, no problem! Cary wants to travel to the other side of the planet for god knows how long while NTTD is in post production? Completely unaccaptable. Someone as dedicated as David Fincher or James Cameron NEVER would do such a thing, and you know it.

I mean....I'm unsure if you have a job or indeed if you're actually employable, but you tend to have annual leave written into your contract. There is a statutory minimum amount of days that an employer must offer.

The dude spent an intense 6 months on pre-production (essentially re-writing someone else's film from scratch) and then another 6 months shooting around the world (with pretty much everything going wrong).

By all means the end of shooting went well and they have a cut of the film already. The guy deserves a few days off. Plus, he can get emails on his phone - AND its the bloody weekend.
    @Pierce2Daniel Cary will be able to go on vacation for MONTHS after March 2020. Something most people are never able to do until they retire.
    Benny wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to bother EON, the studio, 99% of Bond fans though.
    Oh, it will bother Bond fans if the film ends up being disappointing because his heart never was in it. As for it not bothering EON, Barbara is probably happy she can make all the important decisions right now while her director is far away.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I am in London this weekend and might stage a one-man protest in front of Eon Productions Ltd (138 Piccadilly, Mayfair) later today demanding an immediate release of the NTTD teaser, the re-hiring of the great Dan Romer and an immediate firing of Barbara Broccoli. Anyone want to join me?
    Thank you for the update. Know we know Cary's heart is not completely in it.

Oh, it will bother Bond fans if the film ends up being disappointing because his heart never was in it. As for it not bothering EON, Barbara is probably happy she can make all the important decisions right now while her director is far away.

What is wrong with you? Seriously. Everything's just fine. Relax. All of them are. Relaxing, you know? Because everything's just fine. Chill. You'll have a stroke if you continue like this :-D Relax.
  • They just wrapped a 6 month shoot, I'm sure he deserves one week holiday.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    With today’s technology one is ever out of touch. He can be completely involved in the editing and post production effects work from anywhere on the planet
    Quit seeking attention by being a drama queen. And getting attention is obviously your intent.
    @Univex The question is not if everything is fine or not. The question is: should we expect complete dedication from our Bond directors or not? I want Bond directors to be as dedicated as David Fincher is when he makes a film. Could you imagine David Fincher going on vacation to the other side of the planet for God knows how long while his latest movie is in post-production? The very idea is ludicrous!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    @PanchitoPistoles you are the very definition of a Troll.

Posting complete bollocks for the sake of it.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 4,400
    @Univex The question is not if everything is fine or not. The question is: should we expect complete dedication from our Bond directors or not? I want Bond directors to be as dedicated as David Fincher is when he makes a film. Could you imagine David Fincher going on vacation to the other side of the planet for God knows how long while his latest movie is in post-production? The very idea is ludicrous!

Careful. All your beautiful hair will fall out.

Live video of PP right now...
    ...not the handsome 30-something we were promised.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    . Could you imagine David Fincher going on vacation to the other side of the planet for God knows how long while his latest movie is in post-production?
    Absolutely we can. With virtually every post you expose just how little you know about modern filmmaking.
    Isn’t it about time for you to go in hitch you mule from the buggy?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    A protest for no trailer? lol not having a trailer yet isn't the end of the world.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 6,677

Listen, we have no grasp on the facts. None. We know nothing. So speculating hysterically won't help. We don't know if Cary flew there for one day of Polo, and btw, it's none of our business how they spend their free time. Fincher probably has his escapades as well, only we don't know about them because fortunately he belongs to a generation that doesn't feel the instant and constant need to tell the world what they are doing.

Mind your own business and get a life - here's a motto some should pull closer to their aching hearts and heads.

Maybe, @PanchitoPistoles, you should take a step back from this production and relax, before you have a stroke or something. You know, for you own sake.
    Once again I express my opinion about a new piece of NTTD information without being offensive and people who simply disagree with my opinion resort to personal attacks.

@talos7 You know nothing about David Fincher then.
    @Pierce2Daniel I might not have model looks (although I am pretty close to it), I certainly look significantly better than you.