Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I remember seeing countless articles and forum complaints in the first six or so months of its release, talking about it being buggy beyond repair - from issues you stated to big debacles like saved games being deleted and whatnot.

I've still not tried Sniper Elite. I confess I sometimes base purchases around trophy lists and avoid most games with a multiplayer component involving them. I tried a demo for one many years back and it was quite fun, though. Those bullet time/X-Ray kill sequences never got old to me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I remember seeing countless articles and forum complaints in the first six or so months of its release, talking about it being buggy beyond repair - from issues you stated to big debacles like saved games being deleted and whatnot.

I never had any save file issues, but I guess all the of rocks being covered in glue made up for it.
    I've still not tried Sniper Elite. I confess I sometimes base purchases around trophy lists and avoid most games with a multiplayer component involving them. I tried a demo for one many years back and it was quite fun, though. Those bullet time/X-Ray kill sequences never got old to me.

If you can get passed the issue of mp trophies (it's impossible to plat the games without them) I would highly recommend them. That said, they aren't as multiplayer centric as the likes of COD and BF). There are some multiplayer trophies, but not as much as you would think. Rebellion are busy this year. They have already released the remaster of Sniper Elite V2. They have just released the Switch port of SN3. They releasing a Sniper Elite VR game some time later this year. Then early next year, they are releasing Zombie Army 4. And then later next year, the big one.... Sniper Elite 5. Not bad for a British studio. The X-Ray kill cam is so sadistically fun, especially when you score a testicle shot. Oof.
    How are the Zombie Army titles? They seemed intriguing. Perhaps Sniper Elite 5 will have to go on my radar as a title I fully dive into (and hopefully without MP). I wonder if it'll drop earlier in the year or become a launch title for the next generation consoles. It's wild to me that those are only a year out now.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    How are the Zombie Army titles? They seemed intriguing. Perhaps Sniper Elite 5 will have to go on my radar as a title I fully dive into (and hopefully without MP). I wonder if it'll drop earlier in the year or become a launch title for the next generation consoles. It's wild to me that those are only a year out now.

They're... ok, I guess. If you haven't played the Sniper Elite games, they're a bit hard to describe. Basically, they are horror versions of the main series. Zombie Army Troilogy was dlc for Sniper Elite v2 (they used the mission design of SEv2, but slightly tweaked with things such as swastikas written with blood on walls). Zombie Army 4, will be a new game completly. Sniper Elite 5 will be released later in the year, Zombie Army 4 will be released earlier in 2020. Sniper Elite 3 was released on 7th and 8th generation consoles. I'm hoping Sniper Elite 5 won't be exclusive to 9th generation consoles. I bought my PS4 back in 2017, so I won't be buying a PS5 (that's IF I do) for 2-3 years into it's life.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    The original RDR. Finished it earlier. Amazing.
  • Has anyone played the new Call of Duty? Tempted to pick it up as I liked Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 3 a lot. To be clear I'm only asking for recommendation based on the campaign. Multiplayer is wasted on me because I'm so crap at it.

My Xbox hasn't seen much use lately apart from FIFA. Last game I finished was Red Dead and before that was the last Assassin's Creed. Which were both great (although Assassin's Creed has strayed so far from the old games/story that I'm not sure why it's even called that anymore) but I am starting to wonder if open world games are getting too big/long. Not everything has to be Skyrim, I'd like one that didn't take me six months to finish.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The Last of Us Remastered on PS4. Very good game, up for Part 2 in 2020.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 13,894
    Bus Simulator (PS4)
    Hired two new drivers, and bought 2 new busses, brining my drivers/busses/routes to 8 each. I love how when you pass another driver from your own company, they flash their lights. At first, I thought I had imagined it, but now that I have multiple busses running on different routes, i've seen it a few times now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Forza 6 I am hit and miss with motor racing games though I am enjoying this one.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 13,894
    Forza 6 I am hit and miss with motor racing games though I am enjoying this one.

I haven't played that one. I have Horizon 4, Motorsport 7, and I recently bought Horizon 3.

Because off those, Forza has become my favourite racing series. It might not have the ammount of cars found in Gran Turismo, but Forza has a better selection.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I haven't played that one. I have Horizon 4, Motorsport 7, and I recently bought Horizon 3.

Because of those, Forza has become my favourite racing series. It might not have the ammount of cars found in Gran Turismo, but Forza had a better selection.

Currently I have Forza 5 and 6, Horizon 2, Horizon 3 installed, the Horizon games come out to quick for me I tend to take my time with the last release though they are easy games to go back to and pick up where you left off. I bought the Hot Wheels add on for Horizon 3 that's a lot of fun, though I tend to prefer car games that have ramps and outrageous stunts.

Because of those, Forza has become my favourite racing series. It might not have the ammount of cars found in Gran Turismo, but Forza had a better selection.

Currently I have Forza 5 and 6, Horizon 2, Horizon 3 installed, the Horizon games come out to quick for me I tend to take my time with the last release though they are easy games to go back to and pick up where you left off. I bought the Hot Wheels add on for Horizon 3 that's a lot of fun, though I tend to prefer car games that have ramps and outrageous stunts.

So you like more sort of... arcade style games like the Burnout series?

So you like more sort of... arcade style games like the Burnout series?

Yeah I bought the remastered version of Burnout Paradise a few years ago, already had the original version, I still play it online it's great fun. I am a big fan of GTA games also
    Finished the story of Control yesterday, just have to mop up in free roam now. Did anyone else play this, and what did you think? I haven't been able to make up my mind how I feel about it. :-?
    Just bought Hitman 2.
    Mazouni wrote: »
    Just bought Hitman 2.

My second to least favorite in the series. Just didn't feel like much of an upgrade at all from its predecessor, which seemed to have much better maps and more interesting targets.
    Just bought Hitman 2.

My second to least favorite in the series. Just didn't feel like much of an upgrade at all from its predecessor, which seemed to have much better maps and more interesting targets.

I liked Hitman 2 for the most part. Gameplay and locations were excellent, but I wish there was a stronger story linking the locations together. Blood Money still reigns as my #1 in the series.
    Just bought Hitman 2.

I liked Hitman 2 for the most part. Gameplay and locations were excellent, but I wish there was a stronger story linking the locations together. Blood Money still reigns as my #1 in the series.

It's Contracts > Silent Assassin > Blood Money for me, but the slightest of interest separates the three. They're all absolutely incredible.
    Friday the 13th The Game it was free on Xbox Gold, I really could not be bothered with this at all. Uninstalled it a few minutes after playing
    Friday the 13th The Game it was free on Xbox Gold, I really could not be bothered with this at all. Uninstalled it a few minutes after playing

That was a fun game, if you were playing with people on your friends list. And each Jason played differently thanks to each ones pros and cons. But the game never got to a place with it was 100% stable. Every patch, and I mean this, literally every patch, every... single... one.. fixed some things, but broke others. Glitches that were present when the game was first released, were fixed only to return several "updates" later. You saved yourself a lot of bother, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I haven't played it this year (and with the lawsuit STILL ongoing, meaning nothing new can be added), I have no desire to jump back in.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,394

That was a fun game, if you were playing with people on your friends list. And each Jason played differently thanks to each ones pros and cons. But the game never got to a place with it was 100% stable. Every patch, and I mean this, literally every patch, every... single... one.. fixed some things, but broke others. Glitches that were present when the game was first released, were fixed only to return several "updates" later. You saved yourself a lot of bother, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I haven't played it this year (and with the lawsuit STILL ongoing, meaning nothing new can be added), I have no desire to jump back in.

I am a fan of the films though the game seemed clunky and not keen on the navigation menu's, everything was very slow. Going to try another free game I just installed which has excellent reviews Sherlock Holmes The Devils Daughter

I am a fan of the films though the game seemed clunky and not keen on the navigation menu's, everything was very slow. Going to try another free game I just installed which has excellent reviews Sherlock Holmes The Devils Daughter

I like them too. I would have preferred a single player story driven game, something along the lines of Haunting Ground. Another thing that didn't help were all the teamers and trolls.

Sherlock Holmes The Devils Daughter is a good game. More action packed than the previous games.

I like them too. I would have preferred a single player story driven game, something along the lines of Haunting Ground. Another thing that didn't help were all the teamers and trolls.

Sherlock Holmes The Devils Daughter is a good game. More action packed than the previous games.

I much prefer single story games, the recent Star Wars Battlefront games irritated me because of the way those games are structured, both ended up being a waste of money as I hardly play them.
    I much prefer single story games, the recent Star Wars Battlefront games irritated me because of the way those games are structured, both ended up being a waste of money as I hardly play them.

I know how you feel. I haven't played much multiplayer lately. I've either been playing single player games, or the single player part of multiplayer games.
    I think a first person, story-driven title from the POV of the counselors would've made for a really fun game. Make it completely horror driven, lots of exploration and make Jason's personality and appearances akin to the Xenomorph AI from Alien: Isolation.
    I think a first person, story-driven title from the POV of the counselors would've made for a really fun game. Make it completely horror driven, lots of exploration and make Jason's personality and appearances akin to the Xenomorph AI from Alien: Isolation.

I haven't played Alien: Isolation, but I think we're on the same page. In Haunting Ground, through the early stages of the game, the protagonist is chased around (inside and outside) a castle. He is constantly hunting the players, so you have to be always listening for the audio clues when he is coming. The protagonist is an ordinary 18 year old girl, no fighting skills or weapons, so the only option is to run and hide. That would be my dream model for a F13 game, with the environment full of... let's call them, for want of a better phrase, Kill Spots, that don't acutally kill Jason, but imobilse him for a period of time, or until you leave the area and come back. I imagine the game following some sort of storyline. To simulate the final girl becomming more confident, perks are unlocked to help in her survival. Weapon durability, stamina etc...

I would also litter the game with references to the films, and include the different Jason looks as unlockables for New Game+ mode.
    Being the horror fans that you and I both are, I can't recommend Alien: Isolation enough. I'm a baby when it comes to horror games and typically don't finish them but I was so engrossed with that one, I had to play through it twice. Pure, terrifying entertainment.

I can get a little burnt out at times on games where your only option to fight is to run - Isolation spices that up a bit compared to some completely vulnerable and lost titles I've played before, like Outlast: just you and your camera.
    I can why the constant runnning away might be tedious. However, I think that adds the the atmosphere of the game. If you had weapons, that would be too easy. Though you do have help in the way of mans best friend, a White Shepherd called Hewie. I can't think of another game that had such an unnerving atmosphere. It's a psychological horror through and through. Another game, that I would have liked to revisit on the PS4. Oh well, I still have the disc and my PS2
    I think I will have get Alien: Isolation it sounds good
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I think I will have get Alien: Isolation it sounds good

It’s easily one of my all time favorite games.