No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Benny wrote: »
    If you look on the 'Pinewood Studios' location tag on Instagram, you can see numerous stores indicating that they are filming night scenes for the Cuba party sequences again.....................................reshoots?

Or probably filming the sequences that got put on ice, when Craig injured his ankle.
    Just a rescheduling of scenes most likely.

David Dencik's comments re. his schedule seems to confirm this.

Here's quotes about NTTD from an interview with CINEMA (published 30. September):
    David_Dencik_Frode_Fjerdingstad_08-750x400.jpg

Bond next
    Next year we'll see him as the mysterious character Waldo in the twenty-fifth Bond film No Time to Die.

- Bond is a franchise that employs actors from different parts of the world. That's something that spoke in my favor. I auditioned for Skyfall in 2011. Unfortunately I didn't get that role. But I have kept in touch with the Bond films' casting manager. She remembered me when she worked on No Time to Die. I was flown to London and met the film's director Cary Fukunaga. It took many months before I finally landed the role.

The production of No Time to Die has been pursued by accidents. Daniel Craig injured his foot and there was also an uncontrolled explosion. Originally, the film was supposed to be finished in August, but it won't be finished until the end of October. He's still had fun and excitement on the Bond set:

- There's something regal about Bond. This franchise is an important part of movie history and something that audiences around the world have a relationship with. It appeals to me.

Months in the studio
    The Bond production brought Dencik to the Caribbean, more specifically Jamaica where writer Ian Fleming created James Bond. No Time to Die is the third Bond film shot in the idyllic island state.

- It was a very long journey with several stops and I lost my luggage. But when I first arrived in Jamaica it was super cool. I've always been a big fan of reggae, so it was great to visit the reggae music's homeland!

He has also spent several months at Pinewood Studios, outside London where almost all the Bond films have been shot.

- I probably didn't realize how legendary this movie studio is before I did scenes there. It was incredibly fun. One notices how resourceful this production is. I was very impressed with all the big sets. It doesn't seem like there is an upper budget limit, though it probably is, Dencik concludes.

He was interview by Morten Steingrimsen (James Bond-magasinet).

Waldo..... they are doing a freaking where’s Waldo routine.... in a bond film

Sigh
    Glad to hear Ana will be in on some action! She was the new cast member that most excited me for NTTD. I’m still not expecting a major role, but a great scene or two would be awesome.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Ana De Armas talks her role in Bond 25 and her love for Phoebe Waller Bridge
    https://magazinec.com/style/ana-de-armas-is-conquering-hollywood-in-record-time/
    169-FEAT-ARMAS-05_R3-1280x1292.jpg

tenor.gif

YX931pt.gif
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Risico007 wrote: »
    If you look on the 'Pinewood Studios' location tag on Instagram, you can see numerous stores indicating that they are filming night scenes for the Cuba party sequences again.....................................reshoots?

Or probably filming the sequences that got put on ice, when Craig injured his ankle.

Here's quotes about NTTD from an interview with CINEMA (published 30. September):

Bond next
    Next year we'll see him as the mysterious character Waldo in the twenty-fifth Bond film No Time to Die.

- Bond is a franchise that employs actors from different parts of the world. That's something that spoke in my favor. I auditioned for Skyfall in 2011. Unfortunately I didn't get that role. But I have kept in touch with the Bond films' casting manager. She remembered me when she worked on No Time to Die. I was flown to London and met the film's director Cary Fukunaga. It took many months before I finally landed the role.

The production of No Time to Die has been pursued by accidents. Daniel Craig injured his foot and there was also an uncontrolled explosion. Originally, the film was supposed to be finished in August, but it won't be finished until the end of October. He's still had fun and excitement on the Bond set:

- There's something regal about Bond. This franchise is an important part of movie history and something that audiences around the world have a relationship with. It appeals to me.

Months in the studio
    The Bond production brought Dencik to the Caribbean, more specifically Jamaica where writer Ian Fleming created James Bond. No Time to Die is the third Bond film shot in the idyllic island state.

- It was a very long journey with several stops and I lost my luggage. But when I first arrived in Jamaica it was super cool. I've always been a big fan of reggae, so it was great to visit the reggae music's homeland!

He has also spent several months at Pinewood Studios, outside London where almost all the Bond films have been shot.

- I probably didn't realize how legendary this movie studio is before I did scenes there. It was incredibly fun. One notices how resourceful this production is. I was very impressed with all the big sets. It doesn't seem like there is an upper budget limit, though it probably is, Dencik concludes.

Sigh

It's just a freaking name. I-)
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Bond next

Months in the studio

Sigh

Was about to write the same thing, but you beat me to it @JamesCraig.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Bond next

Months in the studio

Sigh

Exactly... hopefully people won’t make the same “Where’s Waldo” fuss as they did with “Home Alone” in Skyfall...

Hopefully, also, they don’t make that joke in the film itself...
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Don't forget, in the UK it's "Where's Wally?" ;)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Minion wrote: »

Interesting! Didn't know that. Even more unlikely it'll come up in the film then.
    Any type of real news here? Seems to be purely speculations.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    There is no real news at all.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Any type of real news here?
    Nope :(
    And I thought I was missing something.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Aside from a tweet from @007 that basically said "Get your giant teaser posters with a very big font and Craig looking upwards here!", they haven't even acknowledged that filming has indeed wrapped.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I was like oooh 101 new posts, maybe something happened.

Nope, all garbage
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Minion wrote: »

Interesting! Didn't know that. Even more unlikely it'll come up in the film then.
    On second thought, I could definitely see Felix making a crack about it.
    How about we discuss something that actually has to do with NTTD? Okay, I’ll start…..

I searched ‘Pinewood Studios’ as a location tag and several users have been posting images of themselves in black-tie. Also, there was one user who photographed a very familiar looking wall. I’d assume that they were back filming Cuba this whole month, especially as we know that Ana De Armas was back on set:

6IlfUrm.jpg

Additionally, it looks as though filming is indeed wrapping up. This user has been with the film for a long while and uploaded the personalised N.Peal wrap gift that Eon are giving the crew.

itkyXXY.jpg
    pj28X1q.jpg

I also some videos of CJF partying with the crew. They are all dancing and looking happy – so we can forget those rumours of disharmony amongst the ranks.

Thank you for discussing NO Time To Die, I saw 80 new posts and thought something good had happened. Instead it was the usual toxic fighting.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    https://instagram.com/stories/mounia.moula/2161879899412511392?igshid=17ohz8o6sugas

Two days left for Nomis stunt double.
    Friday seems to be the final day of shooting. Maybe we will get something tomorrow
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    https://instagram.com/stories/mounia.moula/2161879899412511392?igshid=17ohz8o6sugas

Friday seems to be the final day of shooting. Maybe we will get something tomorrow
    That actress is credited as Paloma's stunt double on IMDB.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    jake24 wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »

That actress is credited as Paloma's stunt double on IMDB.

I apologize I could not remember whos she was and thought it was Nomi's.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837
    Casual observer here so maybe I'm wrong but we haven't heard much about Malek filming have we?

I'm hoping for more Bond/villain scenes than we got in SP (loved the film but I did feel that it was a big step down from SF and its brilliant Bond/Silva interactions on that front), but even if we don't get that, I'm hoping that Malek will be a bit more of a presence in the film than Blofeld was. I get the idea, build up to the main villain, have some mystery around it, meet them when Bond does. But we've had that twice now and I think in Blofeld's case, because he didn't properly meet Bond (and the audience) until so late on, it really hindered him as a character.

I know that we'll probably be introduced to Malek in Norway at the start but I'm hoping that isn't the last we see of him until towards the end. Even if he's another in the shadows kind of villain there's no reason you can't keep cutting to him over the course of the film, like Blofeld in YOLT.

The ultimate Bond villains for me are probably Grant, Goldfinger, Kananga, Sanchez, Trevelayn, Elektra and Silva, and they all got a decent amount of screentime to establish why they were so great. Hope Malek's character gets the same chance.
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    I don't see them wrapping up the Craig era with Nomi being the new 007, but it's just a feeling driven by the notion that I'd hate this idea. Seems quite possible, on the other hand. Lots of franchise did it before, TDKR and TLJ come to mind, but Bond is different.
    I really don’t think it’d be that bad whatsoever. As long as the film has a good ending, I don’t care whose called 007 by that point. Also, if she is 007 at the end of the film, that has no effect on Bond 26. Either Craig will come back, or another male actor will be cast in the role. How many times has Barbara told us that James Bond won’t be a woman at any point?

Remember when everyone was saying how instead of gender-swapping iconic characters from male to female, just create original female characters. This is what they’re doing. An original female character who might bare the 007 title, at the beginning, end or throughout, which should create an interesting dynamic not seen before in the franchise? I don’t see anything wrong with that, and I really don’t see how James Bond not having the 007 name for one film or even part of the film has any bearings on its success.

My opinion yes but if you walk out of No Time to Die, having enjoyed everything but the fact that she was 007 (without much reasoning other than James Bond should be 007), don’t you think that could be a bit much and is just spoiling the experience for yourself?

EDIT: Great minds @DeerAtTheGates ;)
    I'm sorry to disagree Denbigh, but I find it completely pointless to make Nomi 007 at the end of the film if Bond will be recast by Bond 26 and also given that same codename.

It would be faux-progressive cuz she'd just be a one-and-done character like any other Bond girl.

IF that is happening, then I think it would be wise for them to keep using her in that role, otherwise backlash will happen.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I don't see them wrapping up the Craig era with Nomi being the new 007, but it's just a feeling driven by the notion that I'd hate this idea. Seems quite possible, on the other hand. Lots of franchise did it before, TDKR and TLJ come to mind, but Bond is different.
    I really don’t think it’d be that bad whatsoever. As long as the film has a good ending, I don’t care whose called 007 by that point. Also, if she is 007 at the end of the film, that has no effect on Bond 26. Either Craig will come back, or another male actor will be cast in the role. How many times has Barbara told us that James Bond won’t be a woman at any point?

Remember when everyone was saying how instead of gender-swapping iconic characters from male to female, just create original female characters. This is what they’re doing. An original female character who might bare the 007 title, at the beginning, end or throughout, which should create an interesting dynamic not seen before in the franchise? I don’t see anything wrong with that, and I really don’t see how James Bond not having the 007 name for one film or even part of the film has any bearings on its success.

My opinion yes but if you walk out of No Time to Die, having enjoyed everything but the fact that she was 007 (without much reasoning other than James Bond should be 007), don’t you think that could be a bit much and is just spoiling the experience for yourself?

I'm sorry to disagree Denbigh, but I find it completely pointless to make Nomi 007 at the end of the film if Bond will be recast by Bond 26 and also given that same codename.

It would be faux-progressive cuz she'd just be a one-and-done character like any other Bond girl.

IF that is happening, then I think it would be wise for them to keep using her in that role, otherwise backlash will happen.
    That’s okay @FrankXavier, but I think whether it’ll be faux-progressive depends on how they play it, how we relate to her as a character, and Lynch’s performance.

Plus I think the main reason to have her be 007 at the end would be to have a “passing of the torch” moment, although I personally think that considering we know this film is set five years after Spectre, I believe she’ll be 007 from the start and possibly throughout.

I think that’s the best way to do it because then we’ve had this character for a whole film, and the code name being hers, hopefully, won’t feel like a waste, which is obviously some people’s concern.
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2019 Posts: 10,512
    I think people are overthinking the Nomi 007 angle. If indeed it is that case (seems likely) it’s just a dynamic built in to add some drama (and comedy, no doubt). All this talk we’ve had about the wider implications are, for me, hugely wide of the mark. Consider it a little bit of mischief on behalf of EON, which is very specific to this film.
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    That’s okay @FrankXavier, but I think whether it’ll be faux-progressive depends on how they play it, and how we relate to her as a character, and Lynch’s performance.
    I mean, imagine the audiences who find that character refreshing and empowering, given the promise of that character becoming 007, only for it to be dropped for the next movie? It would be a bait and switch.

It doesn't seem like a good move from EON.

*If* she is 007 then hopefully it's from the start of the film.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Denbigh wrote: »

Because age has been made a part of Daniel’s Bond, it’s more than likely that Bond 26 will be a completely reboot and timeline, an entirely new incarnation of the character. If this happens, nothing that occurs in this film will matter to that film.
    Now with that said, I would like to see Craig bow out not only as Bond but also as 007.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    tenor.gif?itemid=8599142
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,554
    I am hustling to post as much as I can between now and April so that post #4007 is my response/review of the film. 880 posts to go...in appox. 160 days. That;'s 5-6 posts per day.
    :D
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Wanna know a NTTD spoiler that you’re not gonna like…..
    Lynch will be Bond’s protégé – hence the reason why she will succeed her mentor and become 007 by the end.

Whaat? Don't we already know that
    Nomi is already 007 when Bond is retired in Jamaica and she first appears?
    I don’t wanna say these things ‘write themselves.’ But I’m willing to bet my house that the above plays out.
    Forget your house. Let's make a serious bet! 100 GBP that the following scenario will NOT play out: Nomi becomes 007 during the movie and the film ands with her keeping her status.

If the rumour is true and Nomi really will be the new 007 at some point of the movie, there are only 4 basic scenarios:

1. She is already 007 at the beginning of the movie and loses her 007 code by the end of it.
    2. She is already 007 at the beginning of the movie and remains 007 through the whole film.
    3. She becomes 007 during the movie but loses her 007 code by the end of it.
    4. She becomes 007 during the movie and remains 007.

Options 3 and 4 seem unlikely based on what we already know. Option 2 would be very controversial and in my opinion would be only acceptable if Bond became the new head of MI6. Option 1 seems the most likely by far.
  • Steady on, everyone.

I think we're missing the bombshell from de Armas that her Bond girl "is different from the previous Bond girls."

I mean, that is a big shakeup.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    This guy is filming tonight (check out his Insta story):

https://www.instagram.com/useridzee/

Also, LL's stunt double is filming again tonight:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/marie.mouroum/

This other stunt double has confirmed that shooting has 2 days left:

https://www.instagram.com/mounia.moula/

So the film wraps tomorrow night. There will probably be news of a big wrap party soon!
    Wanna know a NTTD spoiler that you’re not gonna like…..
    Lynch will be Bond’s protégé – hence the reason why she will succeed her mentor and become 007 by the end.

Whaat? Don't we already know that
    Nomi is already 007 when Bond is retired in Jamaica and she first appears?
    I don’t wanna say these things ‘write themselves.’ But I’m willing to bet my house that the above plays out.
    Forget your house. Let's make a serious bet! 100 GBP that the following scenario will NOT play out: Nomi becomes 007 during the movie and the film ands with her keeping her status.

If the rumour is true and Nomi really will be the new 007 at some point of the movie, there are only 4 basic scenarios:

1. She is already 007 at the beginning of the movie and loses her 007 code by the end of it.
    2. She is already 007 at the beginning of the movie and remains 007 through the whole film.
    3. She becomes 007 during the movie but loses her 007 code by the end of it.
    4. She becomes 007 during the movie and remains 007.

Options 3 and 4 seem unlikely based on what we already know. Option 2 would be very controversial and in my opinion would be only acceptable if Bond became the new head of MI6. Option 1 seems the most likely by far.

I'll happily bet money that when Nomi is introduced in NTTD, she will be the new 007 (as the rumours have suggested she has a scene early on with M where it is revealed) and she will remain 007 throughout the film and at the end.

Basically, Bond doesn't regain the number.