Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

My two penneth.

I have no problem with Luke’s character development. Looking at Facebook some people I went to school with 30 years ago seem to have turned into grumpy middle aged men.

The problem is his arc isn’t satisfying. There’s no real redemption at the end. I don’t understand why he didn’t really show up on Crait. It would give a dramatic peak and actually make loads more sense.
  • In case anyway is wondering about specifics, I believe it's meant to take place at halftime of the Patriots-Jets game.

I hope they don't spoil anything big. Say what you want about Disney Star Wars, the trailers have always been fantastic. I think we'll get a tease of the Emperor at the end, and tease Rey going to the dark side like the previous trailers.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Admittedly the theatrical trailers for The Force Awakens and Rogue One were amazing. I don't think I ever watched any The Last Jedi trailers and as far as I remember I hated all Solo trailers. I absolutely despised the teaser for The Force Awakens and I still believe it looks like a terrible fan trailer (but then again the movie was directed by a fan, so...) and I think Episode IX also had a lackluster teaser.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Matt007 wrote: »
    My two penneth.

I have no problem with Luke’s character development. Looking at Facebook some people I went to school with 30 years ago seem to have turned into grumpy middle aged men.

The problem is his arc isn’t satisfying. There’s no real redemption at the end. I don’t understand why he didn’t really show up on Crait. It would give a dramatic peak and actually make loads more sense.

Why he didn't show up on Crait was a matter of practicality. He didn't come to his realization until after Rey left and he didn't have a ship.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    New poster:

icq46j2aae4x.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,267
    My two penneth.

Why he didn't show up on Crait was a matter of practicality. He didn't come to his realization until after Rey left and he didn't have a ship.

Luke's X-Wing is submerged on Ahch-To
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looks great, though I reckon most of you won't feel the same way.
    Visually it looks stunning just watched it on my 4K TV for the fourth time, what occurred to me is I am not that invested in the Sequel Trilogy characters that is the fault of the previous two films. The Rise of Skywalker has a run time of 2hrs 35minutes so plenty of time to deliver a good film. On the upside I don't think much was given away in this trailer that we were not aware of already,
    C3PO
    accessing encrypted data before his memory wipe? a theory I have heard previously
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    My two penneth.

Yeah, looks to be missing a wing and it's been there for potentially years. It's obviously not going anywhere.
    My two penneth.

Yeah, looks to be missing a wing and it's been there for potentially years. It's obviously not going anywhere.

I have not noticed the missing wing, been a few months since I watched the film. The Falcon did okay despite not being used for years, and judging from the new trailer the tech is not effected much by water. We can all create our own fan fiction with these films to support our assumptions
  • I've just had to let my thoughts sit with me for a while. A decent trailer with fantastic music. Not too sure on some of the decisions they are going for
    space horses, really?!?
    but I am hopeful it will be a good movie. We'll wait and see.
    Space horses
    are nothing out of the ordinary for a franchise that's had
    space whales
    since 2015 and
    gigantic space worms
    since 1980.
  • Space horses
    are nothing out of the ordinary for a franchise that's had
    space whales
    since 2015 and
    gigantic space worms
    since 1980.
    I understand what you're saying, however I don't like the decision due to the reception the sequence in Canto Bight got in TLJ. It seems like they didn't learn their lesson.
  • Looks good to me! I think it'll make a good closing chapter, to the whole main series. Even if the sequel trilogy isn't as strong as it should have been, I'm looking forward to this last episode.
    After this, new stories and characters in a new era.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks fantastic.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That trailer had me geeking out in front of everybody. Tears are rolling down my cheeks. Just hearing one particular voice has me excited like I wasn't in a very long time.
    YysEu42.gif
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I wasn't impressed with TLJ. Watchable, and even rewatchable. But it left a sour taste in my mouth.
    But this is Star Wars, a series I've been a fan of since the beginning. I'm not going to let one film ruin it for me. TROS final trailer did give me that feeling of nostalgia. John Williams epic music, the wonderful visuals, a voiceover. It's fair to say, I'm sold...I'm in.
    Also looking forward seeing it with the family even if the youngest of the family is aiming to seeing the whole trilogy in one marathon sitting, she might do that while the rest of us will be seeing this movie stand alone this december.
    It will be the ninth time I see a SW movie upon release in the cinema even if The Empire strikes Back has my fondest memories. I have always enjoyed the SW movies, the prequels somewhat less though because they made Darth Vader such a bloody wimp in that series.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Loads of money shots.
    I think JJ has to put more ships in TROS, we need more ship's, smash that cut and paste button. Joking aside I have a feeling the Empire's fleet will be brought down in a similar way to the droid ships in TPM
    "Taking one last look, Sir... At my friends."

Me : :((
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Sounds like the trailer may have confirmed some leaked spoilers of the whole film, so tread lightly on the internet, folks.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    That trailer had me geeking out in front of everybody. Tears are rolling down my cheeks. Just hearing one particular voice has me excited like I wasn't in a very long time.
    Annakin ;-)? (Haven´t watched the trailer yet.)

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    star-wars-9-poster-405x600.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I think this is my favourite poster of the sequel trilogy.
    Carrie Fisher has top billing. That's the way you honor film royalty.

Seriously looking forward to seeing this when it is released!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Great poster too!!!!