Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    So, who else watched The Mandalorian yet? First episode is beautiful, in my opinion. A very Firefly-esque feel to everything that just fits so well with the Original Trilogy.
    How's the Disney+ service as a whole? I heard that it was crashing for some people, but maybe that's just because everyone scrambled to see what it had. Also what is the content like?

I've mostly checked the Marvel and Star Wars sections, glancing briefly (accidentally) at Pixar. There are a lot of technical issues, from outages to content just not showing up, but there's plenty to piece through.
  • I'll probably get Disney+ next week, hopefully by then they've sorted out some of the problems.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    George Lucas's final contribution, apparently.
    I wish I could see the mandalorian already and not have to wait months for Disney + to arrive here. You lucky yanks, you...

I have to play Jedi : Fallen Order and go see TROS in the cinema instead :_(

(and still months to go by, trying not to get spoiled)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    George Lucas's final contribution, apparently.

Funny how a change he made originally for what was supposed to be a 3D release seven years ago only now comes out after all these years for the first time. His tinkering still haunts these films!
  • SharkBait wrote: »
    I wish I could see the mandalorian already and not have to wait months for Disney + to arrive here. You lucky yanks, you...

It's disappointing that Disney can't make a deal with Netflix or someone for people to avoid spoilers until Disney+ is available. If I had to wait that long I would get curious and eventually get spoiled.

I am excited for Jedi Fallen Order, but have there been any review released yet? I'm curious to see how people react before I eventually buy it.
    SharkBait wrote: »

It's disappointing that Disney can't make a deal with Netflix or someone for people to avoid spoilers until Disney+ is available. If I had to wait that long I would get curious and eventually get spoiled.

I am excited for Jedi Fallen Order, but have there been any review released yet? I'm curious to see how people react before I eventually buy it.

Review embargo lifts on the 14th at 9pm but I can't remember if it's eastern US time or western US time.

I'm buying it anyway. Single player Jedi action always draws me in.
    I heard it was Nov 15th(?)

Anyway, already paid for it. I'm a bit more excited about a game, than a movie right now, if I'm being honest.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    I heard it was Nov 15th(?)

Anyway, already paid for it. I'm a bit more excited about a game, than a movie right now, if I'm being honest.

15th is the release, 14th is when the reviews come out.
    On friday the 15th is the release of the second episode of The Mandalorian.

The Mandalorian episode 1: Tuesday, November 12
    The Mandalorian episode 2: Friday, November 15
    The Mandalorian episode 3: Friday, November 22
    The Mandalorian episode 4: Friday, November 29
    The Mandalorian episode 5: Friday, December 6
    The Mandalorian episode 6: Friday, December 13
    The Mandalorian episode 7: Wednesday, December 18
    The Mandalorian episode 8 (season finale): Friday, December 27
    Thank the maker! Found a working link for chapter 1.
    Flipping heck the first episode was app 36 minutes without endtitles which were very nice looking by the way the second one is even shorter.

So that multiplied with 8 makes 2 1/2 hours of Mandalorian series, close to bloody movie, so I expect it to be presented as a movie later on.
    Glad each episode won’t be bloated but paced accordingly to each story.
  • Has anyone started playing Fallen Order yet?
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Flipping heck the first episode was app 36 minutes without endtitles which were very nice looking by the way the second one is even shorter.

So that multiplied with 8 makes 2 1/2 hours of Mandalorian series, close to bloody movie, so I expect it to be presented as a movie later on.

If not for the fact that each episode has its own director, I'd have assumed that was exactly what it was, a split movie. Maybe after these first three episodes, it'll be different, but these three were all written by Favreau.
    Have the producers said it was supposed be viewed as a film?
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 2,107
    Has anyone started playing Fallen Order yet?

Yes. EA actually managed to publish a great single player game.
  • SharkBait wrote: »
    Has anyone started playing Fallen Order yet?

Yes. EA actually managed to publish a great single player game.
    Wow who would have thought? Although the game is developed by Respawn, I think EA were just publishing it. I'll probably buy it closer to Christmas when I can actually afford it.

I plan on watching the Mandalorian in a couple of hours, and I'll report back in for my thoughts.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The reviews seem positive for Jedi: Fallen Ordrer, though after buying Battlefront II at a stupid price and rarely playing it I think I will wait for a price drop with Jedi: Fallen Ordrer
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    A Star Wars game would have to get some pretty damn special reviews for me to buy it. Seriously. With how much video games cost these days, I personally can't afford to buy one on a whim, or just cause of the brand name attached.

Come on... GIVE ME SOMETHING. You know?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    These days its rare I buy games on release unless its Tomb Raider, I have way too many games on my Xbox One X and PC that I have not really started playing yet, I can't justify randomly buying games at top price anymore (I need to complete the games I already own to start with)
    The reviews seem positive for Jedi: Fallen Ordrer, though after buying Battlefront II at a stupid price and rarely playing it I think I will wait for a price drop with Jedi: Fallen Ordrer

Playing it, I can say it's worth the money. At least for the standard edition, the deluxe edition, not so much.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited November 2019 Posts: 8,034
    Enjoying The Mandalorian, if only for the fact that its existence has blessed us with clips of Werner Herzog talking about Star Wars.
  • Chapter 2 was a fun episode. Now for the weekly wait! This is probably the best live action Star Wars under Disney.
    I wouldn'g go that far. Both The Mandalorian and Jedi : Fallen order returned my faith in Star Wars under Disney (or EA, who has the licence) after TLJ, which was so so.

I hope the game sells well and EA revives project Ragtag, which was a promising single player Star Wars game.
    Having just finished Jedi: Fallen Order, I can without a doubt say it's one of the best Star Wars games ever made, 2019 game of the year material, and just... damned amazing in every way. If you were on the fence, pick a side. If that side is the "no" side, get to the other side of the fence immediately.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 2,107
    Just finished Jedi : Fallen Order and I agree, it's one of the better Star Wars games. I can't believe EA allowed Respawn to put this much effort in a video game!

There's so much Star Wars lore in this game and the story itself wasn't bad. Gameplaywise it was the Star Wars equivalent of an Uncharted game, I've been looking for.

Now EA, give us more of these story driven singleplayer games!