Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That scene at sea looks great. And of course, Palpatine. The Pope of SW.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,105
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Goosebumps.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Disney did not fail with Star Wars.
  • Ticket booked!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,665
    I'm afraid this video mirrors my thoughts on the final trailer and expectations on this film.

Still, by all means, surprise me. But so far, I have to say the only film I enjoyed from SW recently was Rogue One. And The Mandalorian trailer seems awesome.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it weird that we'll be getting a whole Star Wars trilogy in between two Bond films?

I think it sucks.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it weird that we'll be getting a whole Star Wars trilogy in between two Bond films?

I think it sucks.

Yes, but a trilogy that sucks when compared to the Craig trilogy (eh eh, see what I did there?). The latest Bond films have been more respectful of their source material and had more quality to them than any SW film from this new Disney era. Except for SP, maybe, and just because of that brothergate angle.

In a Disney-ran Bondverse, we'd have multiple character spinoffs, main characters dying, even more betrayals, animated Bond series (maybe James Bond Jr. would return - cringe), tsunami-surfing bad CGI, endless nostalgia and then endless disrespect for it, ... anything for a buck, really.

Thank heavens for EON.

That being said, I can't help but think that The Mandalorian will be great. And that Rogue One was awesome on its own right.
    George Lucas reacts to The Rise of Skywalker trailer
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,157

Is this supposed to be funny? I must say I find this sense of humour difficult to follow.
    Univex wrote: »

I think it sucks.

Yes, but a trilogy that sucks when compared to the Craig trilogy (eh eh, see what I did there?). The latest Bond films have been more respectful of their source material and had more quality to them than any SW film from this new Disney era. Except for SP, maybe, and just because of that brothergate angle.

In a Disney-ran Bondverse, we'd have multiple character spinoffs, main characters dying, even more betrayals, animated Bond series (maybe James Bond Jr. would return - cringe), tsunami-surfing bad CGI, endless nostalgia and then endless disrespect for it, ... anything for a buck, really.

Thank heavens for EON.

That being said, I can't help but think that The Mandalorian will be great. And that Rogue One was awesome on its own right.

There are at least 5 issues with SPECTRE that bother me way more than the brothergate thing. But I agree with pretty much everything you said. I enjoy all Craig films way more than I enjoyed TFA and TLJ and I have no doubt that I'll enjoy NTTD more than Episode IX (especially if the leaks are true and the trailer seemed to confirm them).
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Trailer looks cool and my tickets are booked... but... I'm going in with lowered expectations. I personally feel a little deflated after the last two Star Wars offerings.
    Walecs wrote: »

Is this supposed to be funny? I must say I find this sense of humour difficult to follow.

I think it sucks.

Thank heavens for EON.

There are at least 5 issues with SPECTRE that bother me way more than the brothergate thing. But I agree with pretty much everything you said. I enjoy all Craig films way more than I enjoyed TFA and TLJ and I have no doubt that I'll enjoy NTTD more than Episode IX (especially if the leaks are true and the trailer seemed to confirm them).

Well, I agree. Even on the 5 issues (not enough Monica, the Swann/Bond relationship, the dialogue, too much piss-filter, the entire finale - those are the 5 sP crimes, IMO).

I've given up on this so called SW saga.They'll learn from it, I hope. Kenobi will be fine, The Mandalorian will be fine. Well, at least that's what I hope.

I think it sucks.

Thank heavens for EON.

Well, I agree. Even on the 5 issues (not enough Monica, the Swann/Bond relationship, the dialogue, too much piss-filter, the entire finale - those are the 5 sP crimes, IMO).

I've given up on this so called SW saga.They'll learn from it, I hope. Kenobi will be fine, The Mandalorian will be fine. Well, at least that's what I hope.

Swap "not enough Monica" with "Bond never felt in danger" and we agree :D

I think it sucks.

Thank heavens for EON.

Heck, Bond could've been in danger with Monica, or vice versa, more, and we'd both be happy. So would they, btw.

:-D

Wrong thread for this, but I'm really happy we wholeheartedly agree. Cheers

I think it sucks.

Thank heavens for EON.

Heck, Bond could've been in danger with Monica, or vice versa, more, and we'd both be happy. So would they, btw.

Ahahah indeed :P
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29590247/star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-series-ewan-mcgregor-timeline/
    Obi Wan dealing with PTSD has got me even more interested in this mini series
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Same.

Too bad we were shown Obi Wan's
    last fight with Maul
    in Rebels, this would have been the perfect opportunity to show their fight and I'm sure they would never retcon Rebels (though I would have no problem if they did).
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,105
    Lucasfilm Developing Kylo Ren Prequel With Adam Driver
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/lucasfilm-developing-kylo-ren-prequel-adam-driver/amp/
    Well he was underwritten in the Sequel trilogy so far, bizarre choice for a project
    I got excited, then I looked at the source. WGTC is among the least reliable movie news sites ever.
  • Apparently there's going to be a new trailer for the Mandalorian tonight.
    Apparently there's going to be a new trailer for the Mandalorian tonight.

Be curious to see that!
    How do we feel about Resistance?
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Is that a medical frigate drama DD? ;) :))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

It's a very "all ages" kind of show. It's not like The Clone Wars or Rebels, where the show aged with its audience, it just sits where it does being available to anyone of any age.

That said, it's mostly harmless. It's not really exploring a whole helluva lot of new ground, but it's not just treading the same well-worn path, either. There are few characters in the show who can use the Force, and they get almost no screentime, the focus is on Kaz, a hotshot pilot who wants to prove himself a capable fighter despite being a rich kid who grew up during peacetime. He's a little too goofy at times, and almost downright incompetent at others, but he's got a good heart.

It's in the first act of its second and final season right now. The one thing the show's got working in its favor is a strong sense of continuity and a bit more serialization than your average kid's show. It's not demanding of binge watching, but there are, in the first season, no filler episodes. They occasionally feel like they are, but once you get to the season finale, you'll see not one minute was ever actually wasted.

I'm not going to outright recommend it, but if you've got the time to kill and nothing to kill it with, Resistance is a decent show.

It's a very "all ages" kind of show. It's not like The Clone Wars or Rebels, where the show aged with its audience, it just sits where it does being available to anyone of any age.

That said, it's mostly harmless. It's not really exploring a whole helluva lot of new ground, but it's not just treading the same well-worn path, either. There are few characters in the show who can use the Force, and they get almost no screentime, the focus is on Kaz, a hotshot pilot who wants to prove himself a capable fighter despite being a rich kid who grew up during peacetime. He's a little too goofy at times, and almost downright incompetent at others, but he's got a good heart.

It's in the first act of its second and final season right now. The one thing the show's got working in its favor is a strong sense of continuity and a bit more serialization than your average kid's show. It's not demanding of binge watching, but there are, in the first season, no filler episodes. They occasionally feel like they are, but once you get to the season finale, you'll see not one minute was ever actually wasted.

I'm not going to outright recommend it, but if you've got the time to kill and nothing to kill it with, Resistance is a decent show.

Thank you very much for your post, @Agent007391! I feel inclined to watch the show now.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
  • I've been very impressed by these Mandalorian trailers. They seem to have done a great job at placing us in the OG trilogy world, but give us new stories. It does truly feel like an extension of the first three films. I also like the cheapness of the ships in space, how you can tell they are models but it is part of it's charm. This honestly looks like the best piece of SW Disney has put out so far, and I like 7&8. Hopefully this series lives up to the hype. Also looking forward to Fallen Order which I think arrives 3 days later and I've heard some good things about.
    The Mandalorian looks fantastic, I will have to see what's happening with Disney streaming service in the UK, I will certainly get it just for this show
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ‘Game Of Thrones’ Duo David Benioff & D.B. Weiss Exit New 'Star Wars' Trilogy:

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wars-setback-game-of-thrones-duo-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-exit-trilogy-1202771184/