NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    DISCLAIMER : NOT A TRAILER

To celebrate James Bond Day, we reveal how Bond 25 translates all around the world. NO TIME TO DIE released April 2020.

Let's call this a 'foetus trailer', or 'lame anti-marketing' 😂. As if Marvel fans give s&@t about translations of their titles.
    Yikes. They drop this to celebrate Bond Day instead of a real trailer? I mean it's cool to know and have the translations, but I think we all wanted a little more...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I get that they’re not obligated to drop a trailer or anything, but calling the title translations video a “celebration” of James Bond Day is laughable. James Bond Day would be a great reason to get people talking about SOMETHING to do with NTTD, and title translations are not that something.

But yet here you are, talking about it. ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    *Warning* *Alarm**Warning**Alarm*

Due to the lack of trailer and or news on Global James Bond day, we are in dark times. Desperate times. This could be the end of James Bond as we know it.
    Please do all that you can, to get through this most harrowing time.

Or we can all relax. Don't think, just let it happen. ;)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 1,215
    TripAces wrote: »
    I get that they’re not obligated to drop a trailer or anything, but calling the title translations video a “celebration” of James Bond Day is laughable. James Bond Day would be a great reason to get people talking about SOMETHING to do with NTTD, and title translations are not that something.

On a James Bond web forum. Is anyone outside of the fandom really talking about this movie? That’s the problem.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,686

On a James Bond web forum. Is anyone outside of the fandom really talking about this movie? That’s the problem.

The movie is still 6 months away. Who cares if the general audience aren't talking about NTTD every day at this point? The trailer will come once the time is right.

The first teaser for SF came out 5 months before that film came out (so in November 2019 if applied to NTTD's release date). Did SF flop, or do I misremember that film earning $1 billion at the box office?

The general audiences won't care about a film that's several months away anyway.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Have you not noticed how often there’s a newspaper article about the filming? :)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Happy Global James Bond Day, Barbara!
    de29d21533c6c04c8e7fdbde1f681ae5.jpg

Grow up.
    Well, in their defense, they urge us to keep our eyes "peeled for exciting James Bond news". Couldn't that imply a trailer coming?

Grow up.
    Lighten up.

Grow up.
    Lighten up.

I feel for you and your constant negativity towards Barbara and EON. It's just sad really.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Unnecessary and unwelcome. I won’t remove it - freedom of speech and all that, but it isn’t funny or clever.
    NicNac wrote: »
    Unnecessary and unwelcome. I won’t remove it - freedom of speech and all that, but it isn’t funny or clever.
    Come on! I picked the funniest annoyed Craig photo! :))
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,665
    No, no, I really have to say, this is all a bit disconcerting.

Sure, it's not the end of the world, but they have a new Bond film on their hands, they have a Global day, and all they do is present us with title translations? Not even a single picture from the film? I mean, a single picture of Bond in the film would do. Or a snippet. Not to mention it being perfect timing for a teaser/poster release. They would even call attention to their Global day, globally I mean, since no one really knows about it but us fans.

Nah, I have to say they dropped the ball with this one today. They really did. I am always a huge supporter/fan/defender of EON and their (strange) ways. But not today if this is all we get. I'm all for incondicional love, but these guys are not my kids, I don't owe them incondicional love, no, no, my love for them must be conditional, and today, they don't get my love.

And worse, are they really attaching this teaser with Gemini Man? That's a sure Will Smith flop right there. A very low quality film. And that's the one they'll choose to go with the teaser for NTTD? Like I said, disconcerting.

Oh well, the day is long and all of that. Maybe they'll surprise us. But I'm starting to loose hope. Mind you, not that this a life altering situation, not that these are really serious matters, they aren't. But today I feel a bit mistreated. Not that they owe us incondicional love either. But a bit of love all around is always a good thing, right?

And title translations are just poor love.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Come on! I picked the funniest annoyed Craig photo! :))

You mean after months and months of screaming for Barbara's resignation, we are supposed to read this as "funny"? Panchito, you're only two steps away from a religious crusade against her and you want others to lighten up?
    Don't we all know @PanchitoPistoles by now? Aren't you guys getting too "worked up" for a thing that's been well institutionalised in the forums by now? ;)

I kid.
  • RC7RC7
    Univex wrote: »

Sure, it's not the end of the world, but they have a new Bond film on their hands, they have a Global day, and all they do is present us with title translations? Not even a single picture from the film? I mean, a single picture of Bond in the film would do. Or a snippet. Not to mention it being perfect timing for a teaser/poster release. They would even call attention to their Global day, globally I mean, since no one really knows about it but us fans.

Nah, I have to say they dropped the ball with this one today. They really did. I am always a huge supporter/fan/defender of EON and their (strange) ways. But not today if this is all we get. I'm all for incondicional love, but these guys are not my kids, I don't owe them incondicional love, no, no, my love for them must be conditional, and today, they don't get my love.

And worse, are they really attaching this teaser with Gemini Man? That's a sure Will Smith flop right there. A very low quality film. And that's the one they'll choose to go with the teaser for NTTD? Like I said, disconcerting.

Oh well, the day is long and all of that. Maybe they'll surprise us. But I'm starting to loose hope. Mind you, not that this a life altering situation, not that these are really serious matters, they aren't. But today I feel a bit mistreated. Not that they owe us incondicional love either. But a bit of love all around is always a good thing, right?

It’s 11am.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

+1

Sure, it's not the end of the world, but they have a new Bond film on their hands, they have a Global day, and all they do is present us with title translations?
    Exactly. They could have released another behind the scenes video (like the Jamaica video 3 months ago) instead of the trailer today, and nobody would have complained.
    RC7 wrote: »

It’s 11am.

Basically this.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Like I said on the other thread, it’s not the fault of the filmmakers that people’s expectations are letting them down. No-one official has said the trailer is coming this week so you can’t really complain or feel let down. Like someone mentioned earlier the Skyfall teaser trailer came out only 5 months before the film.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    This thread is in full meltdown mode I see :))
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Like I said on the other thread, it’s not the fault of the filmmakers that people’s expectations are letting them down. No-one official has said the trailer is coming this week so you can’t really complain or feel let down. Like someone mentioned earlier the Skyfall teaser trailer came out only 5 months before the film.
    Forget the trailer. It's Global James Bond Day, NTTD is 6 months away. There are dozens of things other than a trailer they could have released today to make us happy.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Benny wrote: »
    *Warning* *Alarm**Warning**Alarm*

Due to the lack of trailer and or news on Global James Bond day, we are in dark times. Desperate times. This could be the end of James Bond as we know it.
    Please do all that you can, to get through this most harrowing time.

Or we can all relax. Don't think, just let it happen. ;)

It's of no use mentioning this @Benny, as I tried to do so on numerous occasions 😅.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    EON: Calls October 5th Global James Bond Day and announces a trailer is ready but releases nothing
    Fans: outrage
    EON:
    40f.png
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Forget the trailer. It's Global James Bond Day, NTTD is 6 months away. There are dozens of things other than a trailer they could have released today to make us happy.

Could have released? It's currently 11:45 in London. We have a whole afternoon to go. If this is it when the day is over, complain, no problem.

Remember: they want the whole world's attention with that teaser/poster/clips/whatever they're doing, including the USA. Those people are still asleep right now.
  • RC7RC7
    Walecs wrote: »
    EON: Calls October 5th Global James Bond Day and announces a trailer is ready but releases nothing
    Fans: outrage
    EON:
    40f.png

They didn’t announce anything.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,665
    antovolk wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

It’s 11am.

Basically this.

Well yes, hence why I said it was still early.

But I don't know, something tells me it won't be today. And that's fine, as I said, I'm not expecting the teaser today, or the poster. A single picture from the film would be cool, though. I mean, something of interest to us fans and to do with NTTD. That's all.

That's true. Personally I'm not advocating for a trailer release today. Just something cool for us fans. A simple thing. A teasersish little thing.