NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited October 2019 Posts: 371
    Not a fan of the poster. It's lazy and boring. I've seen numerous better versions in the fan art thread. Poor effort. Also, Craig looks old...................................boring
    Agree, it screams "low effort".
    I don't know how anyone in charge allowed that thing to go out.
  • Christ. They've actually outdone themselves. Just awful. If they wanted to just use a still/publicity shot slap the logo on it and call it a poster then they may as well have saved that one of him with the Aston. He actually looked cool there. This is just so, so boring and crap.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Univex wrote: »
    By the way, apparently it's a Greg Williams photo. He said so on his instagram, I think.

That would be a brilliant Bond on Set cover picture. Just not a poster for the film.

His quote was actually: "My new poster for #NoTimeToDie" I wonder if this is all done by him, without involvement from Empire Design?
    ______

George approves:

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Christ. They've actually outdone themselves. Just awful. If they wanted to just use a still/publicity shot slap the logo on it and call it a poster then they may as well have saved that one of him with the Aston. He actually looked cool there. This is just so, so boring and crap.

I can't believe I'm the only one who didn't like Craig's feminine pose in that picture. Still, this poster is very underwhelming.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Christ, that poster is terrible. Teaser will be good though.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    jake24 wrote: »

Source?

(kidding)
    ;)

I actually prefer a poster like this than those stylised sort of M:i posters that everyone's so sick and tired of, myself included. I hope the final poster will be on par with this tendency for the different. Just a bit of a better effort than this, please.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Larger version on their story.

0RLAxxn.jpg
  • Gosh it's only a teaser poster. Stop complaining. If that was the main one then I could understand it not being 'a work of art', but this one is completely fine given we're six months away from the film being released.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    jake24 wrote: »

Source?

(kidding)
    ;)

I actually prefer a poster like this than those stylised sort of M:i posters that everyone's so sick and tired of, myself included. I hope the final poster will be on par with this tendency for the different. Just a bit of a better effort than this, please.

If this poster was hand drawn with the title logo pushed slightly left, it'd be ace. Considering it's a simple concept, it wouldn't have taken very long and the little extra bit of effort would have gone a fair distance.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I don't think it's bad. My main issue with it is that particularly around the hairline you can see where he's just been plopped onto a background. It's a poor use of Photoshop.
    Teaser . must . come . today :)

And that would make all of the people who said a poster and a teaser were ready to go for yesterday or today right. Right? ;)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Looks like Craig is wearing a Tom Ford shawl tuxedo again - much like he did in SF

Younger-Tom-Ford-in-a-more-modern-Shawl-Collar-Tuxedo.jpg

Frankly, I've been underwhlemed by all Craig's teaser posters. If I had to pick a favourite, it be SP. I think the worst is SF.

EGHJIKuWwAEi7u3?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I have one of those. Rather perfect dinner jacket if you ask me. Suits him rather nicely.

So, anyone else still hoping for the teaser trailer today?
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    I have one of those. Rather perfect dinner jacket if you ask me. Suits him rather nicely.

So, anyone else still hoping for the teaser trailer today?

My gut tells me it ain’t happening with no warning, on a Saturday. I think that would be foolish (although I’d be happy).
    Looks like Craig is wearing a Tom Ford shawl tuxedo again - much like he did in SF

Younger-Tom-Ford-in-a-more-modern-Shawl-Collar-Tuxedo.jpg

That's not Daniel Craig.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I can't believe the Barbara Broccoli fan club likes this poster less than I do. :)) Btw, the reactions to this poster have been very negative across the internet. If EON is clever, they will release the trailer very quickly to make people forget this poster.
    I can't believe the Barbara Broccoli fan club likes this poster less than I do. :)) Btw, the reactions to this poster have been very negative across the internet. If EON is clever, they will release the trailer very quickly to make people forget this poster.

I'm thinking the same thing here.

PS: Damn, now that's a first ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Any little teaser would be nice at this point. Something like this would do.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Well I’m happy haha :)

And to be honest these kinda things don’t stop people from seeing the film so it doesn’t matter too much really.
    The iconography of a thing like Bond is very, very important, and is something people follow and collect for years on end. So I don't think it should be taken lightly. If it is a reflection of our times? Sure. a quite apt one, I believe. But that doesn't make it better. Just like nowadays aren't better because they are "now". Current trends time stamp art, but they're not better art for it. EON should invest time and mind on it because these are the things that stick, the things that last throughout the time, they're legacy, every single one. And if producing companies insist on making posters like the new SW one or this one, IMO bland and generic posters with no true iconography, then they're showing their money-grabbing-mass-producing-marketing-strategy hand. And it's a loosing hand, IMO.

So, I won't support this kind of marketing and this poster. I'm still a Greg Williams fan, I still like that photo, I still love EON, but this poster is cr*p.
  • Eon do tend to play it safe in the marketing. They simply want people to know that the new Bond film is coming and Daniel Craig is back. Clearly they believe that is the biggest 'sell' the film has. So they are emphasising that above all else.

They are kept it dramatically simple. Too simple. The poster neutralises any debate by simply being so unimaginative that it generate no conversation.

I think the edit done by @antovolk on Twitter is an improvement. But frankly, they could have done something a little more worthwhile than this. It's also a missed opportunity to to play into the 'time' angle.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    It would make sense for all these posts today to end with the trailer but we’ll see :)
  • Wow, that poster could be put together in Photoshop in like 2 minutes. Guess the trend of dull posters in the Craig era is carrying on.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,157

Frankly, I've been underwhlemed by all Craig's teaser posters. If I had to pick a favourite, it be SP. I think the worst is SF.

QoS is my personal favourite with NTTD being my least favourite. I quite like the ones for CR and SF.
    And if producing companies insist on making posters like the new SW one or this one, IMO bland and generic posters with no true iconography, then they're showing their money-grabbing-mass-producing-marketing-strategy hand. And it's a loosing hand, IMO.

For what it's worth, I get the impression this is not something done by Empire Design. Greg Williams have very much implied this is his work (from Instagram):
    My new poster for #NoTimeToDie
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Walecs wrote: »

QoS is my personal favourite with NTTD being my least favourite. I quite like the ones for CR and SF.

CR and SF have the best by far.

Agreed. CR is just incredibly classy and SF screams Bond thanks to the obvious inclusion of the iconography. Though, isn't the SP teaser poster this one? The one with Craig came later I thought?

MiSm9LyntcZ9ty4Rkf3oSTmsnmo
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Agreed. CR is just incredibly classy and SF screams Bond thanks to the obvious inclusion of the iconography. Though, isn't the SP teaser poster this one? The one with Craig came later I thought?

MiSm9LyntcZ9ty4Rkf3oSTmsnmo
    This was more of an "announcement" poster. The one with Craig against the grey background was technically the teaser.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS I think you're right about the SP teaser being the one you just posted. From the SP campaign, that's no doubt my favourite.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I actually think SF teaser poster is my favourite, and looking at them all together, it really works.