NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @Pierce2Daniel You are mixing up two entirely separate things, mate. Just because Grace Randolph is bad at analysing movies, that doesn't mean she doesn't have trustworthy sources.

Feel free to write "I doubt the trailer is coming this week", but writing "It really isn't coming this week." is deliberate provocation.
    Actually I've just heard, and trust me on this, I just know, that there will be no teaser, no trailer and no poster for NTTD. They're trying a cold approach this time. So yeah, no trailer, ever. They even said fans make trailers of their own, very good ones in fact. So they won't do one. There will only be the film itself next April, and even that...well, you've heard it here first, but they're considering just selling the ticket. Yep, no movie. Just Bond-film tickets. With the title on them. Plain white boring tickets.

Cmon guys, the trailer will come whenever it comes. And then boom! total forums meltdown.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wonder what Freud would think of this place. =))
    It really isn't coming this week. It's already crammed with trailers.

It wouldn't surprise me if EON waited one more week. I mean, what's the rush? Avoiding a packed week seems like a sensible move.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Univex wrote: »
    Cmon guys, the trailer will come whenever it comes. And then boom! total forums meltdown.
    Absolutely, but the point is that we know it's coming this week.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,673
    Absolutely, but the point is that we know it's coming this week.

I also just know things about you, even if we never met and I don't know who you are in the real world. But I just know. Cause it's, ya know, just so obvious, right? So there you have it. I totally understand what you mean.

PS: Just kidding, old foe ;)

PPS: It'll probably drop this week. Isn't that lovely? :) What are you expectations about it, @PanchitoPistoles? I mean, what would you like to see on the trailer?
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 677
    Grace Randolph doesn't have sources. She's basically the Fox News of Movie bloggers. She's one of the people who makes a living ratting on films and obbessing over comic books.

If you want to hear Grace's wry and indepth analysis than skip to 8:30 in the video. Clearly this woman is an authority who must listen to ardently. She might even reveal the secrets of the universe if you listen carefully enough.
    You're being unusually condescending, actually not unusual as many posters are taking this stance lately.

Her opinions are crazy but that has nothing to do with her scoop being wrong or right. It's sad that you belittle people who obsess over comic books, you're on a Bond forum 24/7?

Besides, it's not like you haven't gotten things wrong too. And yet you speak with certainty the trailer isn't coming this week? Lol.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Actually I've just heard, and trust me on this, I just know, that there will be no teaser, no trailer and no poster for NTTD. They're trying a cold approach this time. So yeah, no trailer, ever. They even said fans make trailers of their own, very good ones in fact. So they won't do one. There will only be the film itself next April, and even that...well, you've heard it here first, but they're considering just selling the ticket. Yep, no movie. Just Bond-film tickets. With the title on them. Plain white boring tickets.

Because a trailer and a poster could be a spoiler ;)

What are you expectations about it, @PanchitoPistoles? I mean, what would you like to see on the trailer?
    I'm hoping the teaser will focus on the tone of the movie rather than telling us the basic plot, and that it will demonstrate that this is very much a Cary Fukunaga film and very different from the last two entries.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,673
    What are you expectations about it, @PanchitoPistoles? I mean, what would you like to see on the trailer?
    I'm hoping the teaser will focus on the tone of the movie rather than telling us the basic plot, and that it will demonstrate that this is very much a Cary Fukunaga film and very different from the last two entries.
    Exactly the same expectations here. I'm glad we agree on this. I'm hoping to get a good grasp on the kind of cinematography and overall feel of the film. And I'm hoping that it'll be a fun affair, and not all of the doom and gloom of the previous two.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    From the early rumours we heard about the trailer, you’ll be getting your wish. Mainly the trailer not revolving around plot.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote: »
    I wonder what Freud would think of this place. =))

He would get another job.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 9,738
    I still hope it comes out this week.
    What do you mean you still hope?? The trailer is 100% coming this upcoming week. It would be the biggest scandal in the history of the franchise if it didn't, and Barbara Broccoli & co. know that.

I kind of don’t want the trailer next week just to hear why this is the biggest scandal of the franchise
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    What do you mean you still hope?? The trailer is 100% coming this upcoming week. It would be the biggest scandal in the history of the franchise if it didn't, and Barbara Broccoli & co. know that.

I kind of don’t want the trailer next week just to hear why this is the biggest scandal of the franchise

I've generally been getting on with my life, enjoying life, enjoying many great films. Then I came here and saw some spat about a trailer ...
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Risico007 wrote: »

I've generally been getting on with my life, enjoying life, enjoying many great films. Then I came here and saw some spat about a trailer ...

I use this word more often these days: Patience. It should be a virtue again. Let EON, MGM, Universal and UA do what they want. If there won't be a trailer this October, then it shows how we fans get too worked up sometimes, and take things for granted too soon, too early. That we take tweets or whatever sentence as the most Carl Bernstein-esque adage of truth and fact. Nonsense really. Be patient :-).
  • I’ve noticed a slight pattern, that I’m sure @antovolk will be able to confirm or deny….

Film studios tend to reveal information at around 5pm UK time. This was around the same time that Universal/Eon released the NTTD title reveal.

5pm UK time is around 9am in LA and 1pm in NYC.

If we are getting a trailer or poster, it’ll be around this time………….
    Yup. Sort of an unspoken rule, to make sure people in the US are awake for it. Different studios have different times, Disney/Fox/Paramount usually goes at 2pm UK, Universal at 4pm UK, Warners at 5pm.

Though the BTS clip from Jamaica came at 2pm...
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 125
    The official 007 account publishes at 12:00 pm every day.

It's possible that today we got the Teaser Poster. And the Teaser Trailer may be tonight in Rami Malek's interview on The Late Show with Stephen Colberten.

And if none of this happens, we need to wait for the next Saturday, October 5th.

;)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I will be shocked if the teaser doesn’t come out with Joker this week. Gemini Man will be a flop and it’s already a critical failure.
    matt_u wrote: »
    I will be shocked if the teaser doesn’t come out with Joker this week. Gemini Man will be a flop and it’s already a critical failure.

No need to. You will be served with a Bond film in April 2020.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

This seems like a silly (as well as obvious) thing to be throwing at people in a thread dedicated to discussing when the trailer is going to arrive online.

So what? Teaser trailers 6 months before release are pretty much a standard.

This seems like a silly (as well as obvious) thing to be throwing at people in a thread dedicated to discussing when the trailer is going to arrive online.

It is.

It is.

See you in the Filming Thread, where we will not talk about or speculate on filming because all will be revealed in April 2020.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,157

What does this even mean?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

And the film will do piss poor in the box office if there's no promotion/hype.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Why do people surmise there's going to be no marketing or promotion for this film? The trailer will arrive in a few weeks, at the absolute maximum, and then it'll be full steam ahead.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Why do people surmise there's going to be no marketing or promotion for this film? The trailer will arrive in a few weeks, at the absolute maximum, and then it'll be full steam ahead.

Indeed. No need to worry. But I guess most fans in here are so bloody impatient and worked up :-).

And the film will do piss poor in the box office if there's no promotion/hype.

There will be lots of it.
    As I said, the trailer is releasing this week. What should I be required to do if it doesn’t?