Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    https://theintercept.com/snowden-sidtoday/5987384-remembering-the-kursk-the-view-from-norway/

Norwegian intelligence reports directly to the NSA long before reporting to Norwegian authorities. Bit weird.
    75 anniversary Hitler bombing today , he did nazi it coming :D
    Pain in the neck with seagulls , I never see the eggs....saw a clip and I dont think it was more than 2 ft above the guys head :/
    Tracy wrote: »

Merkel calls Stauffenberg a hero for following his conscience. She is practically legitimizing bombing of herself.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Tracy wrote: »

Merkel calls Stauffenberg a hero for following his conscience. She is practically legitimizing bombing of herself.

Thunderfinger, I've had enough of your fascist utterings for good. Merkel is a democratically elected leader, while Hitler was the worst dictator and mass murderer ever, for what it's worth. The officers who tried to kill him were originally among his supporters, very conservative and certainly anti-communist. They only realized that Hitler was going to blow up the world and put an end to Germany belatedly and then decided they had to do something - too late.

Merkel is not only democratically elected, but has been following her conscience more than most world leaders in the last ten years. There is absolutely no question of her legitimacy as German chancellor. It's just not the same, whatever you say. Shame on you for constructing this false equivalence. I wonder if you are a follower of Anders Breivik for spewing this nonsense. Shut up.,
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    @Birdleson, I'm fully with you as far as the functioning of this forum is concerned. But II am not going to keep mum if some member is equating a democratically elected and world-wide respected leader with the worst mass-murder dictator in history, and at the same time implying that she is just as legitimate a target for assassination. No, I'm not going to shut up in that regard. Shut the other guy up, and there will be no reason to reply for me. But no, I don't care if I have to give up this forum if you insist.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    @Benny, I imagine it's safe to assume that award thread that's pinned at the top of the forum isn't going to continue for whatever reason (if so, it's running even longer than the Academy Awards!). Does it need to be stuck there at the top? It's just that it's low-key annoying to see it there when it serves no purpose. ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The MI6 Community sticky thread temporarily closed the longest?

The 2019 MI6 Community Awards

The MI6 Community member most likely to be low-key annoyed to see the above nominated MI6 Community sticky thread temporarily closed the longest?

@mattjoes

Tallying up the results. Or not.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    QBranch wrote: »
    The MI6 Community sticky thread temporarily closed the longest?

The 2019 MI6 Community Awards

The MI6 Community member most likely to be low-key annoyed to see the above nominated MI6 Community sticky thread temporarily closed the longest?

@mattjoes
    =))

Thank you, MI6 Community. I'd like to thank the tallying up team of MI6 for their invaluable help in this achievement. Don't let anyone tell you the dream isn't possible!

QBranch wrote: »
    Tallying up the results. Or not.
    You're going to need a bigger abacus.
    Barbara Shelley should not have been at LFCC , she was in poor shape but insisted meeting fans , she had a long que even when she left

Took me 5 yrs to find that set....Its gorgeous , paid 400 krones (w/shipping) , it has sold for 600 (ex ship) , not bad :D
    http://diffusespace.blogspot.com/2010/08/kelloggs-outsources-mascot-jobs.html

Chocos the bear and MTVs Ray Cokes , showbiz victims :p
    CAPTION CONTEST

Raiders.jpeg
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    CAPTION CONTEST

Raiders.jpeg

The day was ending in a serenity of still and exquisite brilliance. The water shone pacifically; the sky, without a speck, was a benign immensity of unstained light; the very mist on the Essex marsh was like a gauzy and radiant fabric, hung from the wooded rises inland, and draping the low shores in diaphanous folds. Only the gloom of the west, brooding over the upper reaches, became more somber every minute, as if angered by the approach of the sun. And at last, in its curved and imperceptible fall, the sun sank low, and from the glowing white changed to a dull red without rays and without heat, as if about to go out suddenly, stricken to death by the touch of that gloom brooding over a crowd of men.
    The finale of American Idol.
    He knew a way to smuggle it over the border, but it wouldn t be pleasant. Or...would it?
    I'm using this thread as I do not really wish to interfere with the dedicated Bond 25/ NTTD threads.

I have been wondering what the title of the new movie might tell us and tried to find out by chasing it through a couple of anagram generators. Here's what it may disclose:

The scriptwriter for NO TIME TO DIE was agitated. He said the following:

“During the writing process the producers told me I NEED TO OMIT. I wondered what I should do. I talked to a German friend of mine who is usually called MEINEID OTTO (that’s German for ‘Perjury Otto’, because he once had a legal problem of that kind) and he said I should think about lowering some standards. OK, so I thought I’d do away with that fashion designer stuff and put Bond into Levi’s. All the way…and I finally found it should be DENIM TIE TOO. Is this somehow degrading? Let’s just demote Bond in this film, take his silk ties away, and you could consider it a DEMOTION TIE.

Seeing as I was into that, I sort of went fully INTO TIE MODE. I mentioned that to a girlfriend and she was not too happy. ‘DO NOT TIE ME’, she said, but then softened her stance to DO IT ONE TIME. Do I promote male domination by this? NO I DEMOTE IT, because I present it as a bad example.

It did not help, and I got fired. Reason: While applying these changes, I OMITTED EON.”
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Anyone hear about James Bond Radio?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Anyone hear about James Bond Radio?

@007Blofeld No what happened?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2019 Posts: 12,459
    If you live in FLORIDA, please all necessary precautions now. Like TODAY, August 29th. Hurricane may be a Category 3 when hitting Florida. Please watch news updates.
    If you live in FLORIDA, please all necessary precautions now. Like TODAY, August 29th. Hurricane may be a Category 3 when hitting Florida. Please watch news updates.

You might want to post that on the James Bond Weather Channel thread !!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, possibly a Category 4 - deadly. Seriously, take precautions and consider evacuation from some areas. PLEASE check your local weather stations in Florida throughout the day.
    Does anyone here have any experience using external Blu-ray drives – the kind you connect to your laptop through the USB port?

I'm watching more and more films on my laptop during the evenings instead of using the TV, and since my older Macbook can't play Blu-rays, I'm looking at potentially getting myself an external Blu-ray drive. There are enough Blu-ray drives to choose from, and no doubt things to consider/be on the lookout for before getting one. Help and suggestions is appreciated!
    CAPTION CONTEST
    f0341346dd6b43448678a9ee3cbe67da.jpg?auto=format&fit=crop&ixlib=python-1.1.2&q=25&s=c2c22e35381722e6b421ff869a472e63&w=400&h=320&dpr=2.625
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2019 Posts: 17,809
    CAPTION CONTEST
    f0341346dd6b43448678a9ee3cbe67da.jpg?auto=format&fit=crop&ixlib=python-1.1.2&q=25&s=c2c22e35381722e6b421ff869a472e63&w=400&h=320&dpr=2.625

He had the effrontery to criticise John Gardner's Never Send Flowers. He paid the ultimate penalty for such foolish talk. What a silly man.
    The Nail of Free Speech.
    CAPTION CONTEST

I think he really nailed it with what he said there.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    CAPTION CONTEST

Haha! You win.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 17,809
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    CAPTION CONTEST

Haha! You win.

I can't believe I missed that one first off as it was pretty obvious I suppose! :))