Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Barbara told herself right then and there, to never host a public fan event ever again...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The definition of a hot chick in the 17th century.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rugby World Cup Final on shortly, lets hope for a reversal of the 2007 final
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2019 Posts: 17,809
    OK, let s have a CAPTION CONTEST, then.
    burning_woman_witchcraft_1050x700.jpg

Woman: "Now are you sure you've turned the gas off at home? Yes? What a relief!"
    The rehearsal went really well.
    Old-style divorce application.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 17,809
    OK, let s have a CAPTION CONTEST, then.
    burning_woman_witchcraft_1050x700.jpg

Woman: "Is it too late to lodge an appeal?"
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    "Are you aware that this is causing a lot of unnecessary CO2, and that Greta will be veeeeeery mad at you?"
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 1,640
    WWE vs Saudi Arabia :

SA owes WWE money for two shows

Vince decided to delay the show for an hr until money was paid

When Vince , Hogan , Flair , Lesnar went home to US , SA held back plane (tech issues , fuel men gone for the day etc) with the rest of wrestlers , SA strong arming Vince , letting him know whos in charge

Vince is prolly within his rights to terminate 10 yr (!) contract since SA has mislead him (supposedly 60 mill was deposited into WWEs account)
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    "Are you aware that this is causing a lot of unnecessary CO2, and that Greta will be veeeeeery mad at you?"

You win this one.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 1,640
    If you ordered autographs thru John Saxons site within last 2 yrs or so its prolly fake , he has Alzheimers but recently his autograph is not shaky like last few yrs , doesnt add up and his site has told me he no longer signs , full stop (thru mail or at cons)

In fact the letter i sent last yr came RTS , no longer lives in CA
    zapcomicstop.jpg
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Is there any big movie people on here? I’m doing a game and I could use some help identifying a film.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Is there any big movie people on here? I’m doing a game and I could use some help identifying a film.

Try us. I'd say that overall we're bigger-than-average "movie people" on this board, not restricted to Bond film.

Try us. I'd say that overall we're bigger-than-average "movie people" on this board, not restricted to Bond film.

So it’s a game of bad movie descriptions and the clue is that the protagonist loses the main fight to a man in a wheelchair.

So it’s a game of bad movie descriptions and the clue is that the protagonist loses the main fight to a man in a wheelchair.

It ended up being "Eagle vs Shark"
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    This is friggin' hilarious! =))

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XL6KNPeRa7E&t=6m58s
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6

@AgentJamesBond007 - I'm quite a film buff. You ever need help, I'm your man.
    Someone is selling the sofa of the boss (played by Hon Yan Gip) from Big Boss on ebay , its prolly not real

2.12.74 : Way of Dragon danish premiere
    18.12.74 : french premiere

45 yrs ago now........
    CAPTION CONTEST
    maxresdefault.jpg
    CAPTION CONTEST
    maxresdefault.jpg

Ned: "This baby is surely the spawn of Satan. She's been a baby since 1990 and has never grown any bigger. She must be sacrificed tonight!"
    edited December 2019 Posts: 17,809
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Waiting to get a blood test. All things intravenous are horrifying for me, my greatest phobia. Hate this.

I really feel for you, @Birdleson and sympathise. I'm exactly the same of course though I am getting a little better at it when I have to get it done now. My best advice is not to look at the needle and to take deep breaths when the blood is being taken. Try to distract yourself from what is going on. That's what I try to do anyway.
    Waiting to get a blood test. All things intravenous are horrifying for me, my greatest phobia. Hate this.
    Not trying to trivialise this, but isn't drawing blood for a test a case of being extravenous?

I'm afraid I had such a lot of this in my life (including a case of cancer 35+ years ago, which quite apparently I survived), and the medical staff always get so excited about my clearly defined armpit veins that I rarely worry about it. Sometimes you feel the prick, sometimes not so much. I always compliment the personnel if it doesn't. It's always better than not knowing what might be wrong with you, based on findings in your blood.
    I have a fear of shots / needles too! It’s definitely psychological. The physical pain is rarely that bad, but the needle itself.... ugh. I never look. My biggest phobias are needles, spiders, and wasps.
    Great to know that you are cancer free @j_w_pepper ; there is a definite shortage of veteran Bond fans on here, you need to stay around.
    Thank you, I do appreciate this -- especially since I think so myself :-).
    I obviously did it, but it is a phobia I've had my whole life. Shots, no matter how large, are no problem; it's not pain. I have no fear of surgery (except for inserting the IV). It is just this revulsion I have to circulatory issues. I get so repulsed by it, I want to run away in the middle of it.

@Dragonpol , not only do I not look, I ask them not to speak to me at all. I have to go deep in my own head to get through it. Silly, sure, but it's there in my head. I've had to get it done three times this year already. It doesn't get better, but I get better at tolerating the accompanying anxiety.

Great to know that you are cancer free @j_w_pepper ; there is a definite shortage of veteran Bond fans on here, you need to stay around.

I'm exactly the same, @Birdleson. I get anxious beforehand too. I think my biggest fear is the needle being removed or slipping out and blood spurting everywhere. That is my greatest fear, however irrational it may be.

On a health check up a few months ago I was told that I probably had something called 'White Coat Syndrome' where anxiousness beforehand about going to the medical setting gives a false higher blood pressure reading. I had to wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours as the reading within the clinical setting was judged to be inaccurate. That's the sort of difficulties that squeamishness and anxiousness about doctors, nurses and medicine in general bring about. It's something that you have to live with, a cross to bear.

I'm also very glad to hear your good health news, @j_w_pepper.
    @Dragonpol I’m so bad about it that just reading you’re opening paragraph sent me into a panic.

Sorry about that, @Birdleson. I should have realised that but I wanted to express my real fears as some sort of therapy. I think that must be the real root cause of my fear, deep down.

In a connected way, I can recall several occasions in class at school where the teachers and pupils were discussing AIDS and I had a sick feeling, went white and broke out in a cold sweat. Thankfully, I've never fainted but I was just hoping that they'd stop talking about it and move on to something else. I think with the passing of time I've gotten a little better at coping with such things, though. I think it's being in a setting where you can't walk away and are a captive audience to what is being discussed that makes it worse, too. I'm not sure how I would react today as I've thankfully not been in such a setting for a long time.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Blood tests back in the day.