How to Post Photos and Videos to MI6 (instructional video)

BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
edited April 2019 in General Discussion Posts: 3,000
I figured it would be useful to make a quick video to explain how to do this for new members. People seem to have this question often, so hopefully from now on we can simply refer them here.

*just a clarification on what I say at 50 seconds. When I mention that it works the same for any image you find on the internet and want to share, I’m referring to needing to copy the image address. I’m not saying that you need to upload it to an image sharing site if it’s already on the internet.

An addendum to my video after the recent forum update. The image button on desktop now looks like this:
6e22bcd789c812175f7aaa65e3614827.jpg

And on mobile it looks like this:
d0d9a07c25469a55f36dbcaffef55f60.jpg

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Awesome stuff @BMW_with_missiles
    Thanks so much for doing this. Great work.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yes, very thoughtful, thank you. We should make this a sticky thread.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Thanks guys!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Very unique and thoughtful I was having trouble posting it thanks for making it
    @BMW_with_missiles _
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Your voice is not at all how I imagined it. Nice work on the video though. Very helpful.
    Hi all - for Flickr, you now need to go to the download section of the image to access the image url.
    Thanks for the compliments guys!
    Hi all - for Flickr, you now need to go to the download section of the image to access the image url.

Yeah some websites are a little quirky about how you need to obtain the image address (FB is a nightmare) but the basic idea is the same.
    Thank you for posting this as I can refer to it soon.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Thank you very much for this helpful and informative video, @BMW_with_missiles. It's much appreciated. I'll certainly keep it in mind the next time that I want to post a picture here. :)
    Just watched the video BMW_with_missiles, So handy to have this to reference too. Thank you very much!
    Thanks everyone!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Great stuff, @BMW_with_missiles! Thank you for your contribution.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Great stuff, @BMW_with_missiles! Thank you for your contribution.

Glad to be of service.
    If its for a personal photo? When I right click to copy? The option for copy image address does not come up? Have opened up an account with Flickr but still not working? Can you help at all? Or anyone else out there?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    If its for a personal photo? When I right click to copy? The option for copy image address does not come up? Have opened up an account with Flickr but still not working? Can you help at all? Or anyone else out there?
    In Flickr, click on the photo.
    To the bottom right of the photo are three icons. Click the third one, the downward arrow, and select 'View all sizes'
    Select which size photo you want
    Now you can right-click the photo and 'Copy Image Location'.
    Have just tried that, followed your advice, go to selection what size photo you want and selected the original photo. Right click only gave me the basic copy option, nothing more?
    So, there's no 'copy image location' when you right-click the photo itself? Weird, it's working for me.
    QBranch wrote: »
    So, there's no 'copy image location' when you right-click the photo itself? Weird, it's working for me.

Sadly not? Didn't know whether to try a different website?
    Figured it out QBranch!!!!
    Nice.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Nice one, @BMW_with_missiles. Been here more than two years on this website and I still wasn't entirely sure how to use the 'image' button. Now I do. Cheers.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Been looking for this thanks for posting
    An addendum to my video after the recent forum update. The image button on desktop now looks like this:
    6e22bcd789c812175f7aaa65e3614827.jpg

And on mobile it looks like this:
    d0d9a07c25469a55f36dbcaffef55f60.jpg
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,985
    Deleted
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,985
    Having some problems uploading photo's. I get as far as getting the direct link address
    in the box that pops up. Then what do i do?!!! There's no way of getting it into the comment box!!!! EDIT...Sorted it by doing them on my laptop!
    Having some problems uploading photo's. I get as far as getting the direct link address
    in the box that pops up. Then what do i do?!!! There's no way of getting it into the comment box!!!! EDIT...Sorted it by doing them on my laptop!

@LeonardPine Hitting the return/enter button on your phone keyboard should work. I know at does for iOS at least, not sure about the various flavors of Android.

@LeonardPine Hitting the return/enter button on your phone keyboard should work. I know at does for iOS at least, not sure about the various flavors of Android.

Thanks @BMW_with_missiles that's the problem with the enter button on my tablet. I've managed to do it via my laptop 👍
    @BMW_with_missiles or anyone...if I post a photo in the manner described above, does this mean I don't have to be concerned about possibly violating copyright protections of the photos I post?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,518
    Brilliant idea! Thanks.
    EDIT: Tried to post a picture to Imgur to copy it here but it didn't work. Would be nice to have a guide on how to do that for those who don't have Facebook / Pinterest.
    I can post YouTube videos by simply pasting the address in text bar.However,how do I post gifs? When I try using the link or image prompts I just get nothing.