Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

00Agent wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Lashana looks pretty great in this picture...

lashana.jpg

She's also immensely charming and intelligent in interviews:

I don't think she's unattractive, but she isn't doing herself any favors with that triggered-feminist-haircut.

A slightly longer, Halle Berry type haircut would be ideal for her (and make her look 10 years younger.)
    gettyimages-950745872.jpg

I have a suspicion that she is a lesbian though, in which case i'm sure she couldn't care less about any of our opinions.

She seems to be extremely private about her orientation, so IF she's lesbian, i don't think she would ever use it in a Film, but imagine her and Bond hitting on the same woman, lol.

I don't think it's a 'feminist haircut'. It's her natural hair. Afro hair can be difficult to style for women. You can relax it or have a weave put it. You can even wear wigs. When you see Halle Berry, Beyonce or Meghan Markle they have done something similar.

Lashana has simply decided to go with her natural hair. It's less high-maintenance for her to maintain and it looks great on her. There's nothing 'feminist' or queer about it. It's just the way her hair grows.

EBfTOx0UIAUmZJs?format=jpg&name=large

I'm not talking about the style of her hair but the lenght of it.

This would be a great haircut for her as well:
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjIvOTk2L2kwMi9sYXNoYW5hX2x5bmNoLmpwZw==

And I haven't said that i think she is lesbian because of her haircut. It's just a suspicion i have based on what i've seen of her (tons of interviews, Captain Mavel, behind the scenes stuff). So it could be complete BS, i'm not all knowing. Personally i couldn't care less as long as it is not reflected in B25, and as far as i remember we never had an (openly) lesbian character(?) so i don't think that will change now. But this is probably not a good place to discuss any of this.

In this context, style and length is the same discussion. That photo you posted is of Lashana wearing a weave. Underneath, her hair is the same as it is in the photo I posted.

Also, I can't see the problem with having a homosexual character. If Nomi is gay, then it's not a big deal. In fact there was a story going around that Ben Whishaw was asking EON to incorporate more LGBT characters into the films:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8999878/james-bond-ben-whishaw-gay-character/

Bond is the longest running film series in history, there have been gay characters in the past but they are often characterised as 'villains'. Which has always been a bit of a problem for LGBT people. I think it would be fine to include a gay character and just not make a big deal of it.

Even Daniel Craig has said that as a spy you would have do anything to complete the mission. I'm sure that in Bond's career he has had to seduce men to get integral intel. It's part of his job to put his body on the line..... ;)

tumblr_mfvay9YYIX1qhhxd4o7_r1_250.gif
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Lol, ugh, you are making way too many assumptions. Where did i say i have a Problem with her being lesbian? B25 can be a two hour lesbian orgy for all i care. That would be lovely.

If Lashana is lesbian that would only add to her and Bond's dynamic imo, so i'm almost wishing she were. I will leave this topic again now, as i am getting tired of explaining myself over and over.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Why is it that every fucking time a black woman features natural curls for a Bond film that there are fans that consider that EON making a “political statement”? Should black women only straighten their hair? Give me a fucking break. This is why I hope the filmmakers move the gun barrel away from the beginning of the movie just so these fans could have something else banal to bitch about.
    Why is it that every fucking time a black woman features natural curls for a Bond film that there are fans that consider that EON making a “political statement”? Should black women only straighten their hair? Give me a fucking break. This is why I hope the filmmakers move the gun barrel away from the beginning of the movie just so these fans could have something else banal to bitch about.

tumblr_pjw40pE4cQ1qdhps7o7_r1_250.gif
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 5,774
    Ahem :

thumper.jpg

L16.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Gerard wrote: »
    Ahem :

thumper.jpg

L16.jpg

Every time I see Lashana, I always think of Rosie Carver. I think that is influencing my reactions to her look, because I didn't like Rosie Carver all that much.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I just hope Ana De Armas is more than a short cameo or sacrificial lamb. Not only is she stunning (probably one of the best looking women in the series) but she is a great actress and captivating on screen.

If she is in it for a short time, it will be a waste of talent. If this is the case hopefully she is like Severine in Skyfall and leaves an impression on the film
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    [removed]
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ok ok ok, this site is getting a bit out of hand. Why create a discussion page like this for open debate, if we can't have debates? It seems like whenever somebody's opinion is questioned, someone pipes up with "don't start this again" or "we just got the page back on track."

The whole point of this page is to have debates and give our own opinions, so why does it feel like we can't do that and we have to keep the conversation "on track" whatever that means. I don't mean you by the way @00Agent, I'm talking in general cause whenever I seem to reply to someones post and give my opinion, someone jumps in to tell me off or tell me to stop. Why have a forum if you can't talk about things or give your opinion?

We're not all gonna agree, and yes some of the opinons may feel racist or sexist but this is why it's called a discussion page, not "give your opinion then leave page".
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I just hope Ana De Armas is more than a short cameo or sacrificial lamb. Not only is she stunning (probably one of the best looking women in the series) but she is a great actress and captivating on screen.

If she is in it for a short time, it will be a waste of talent. If this is the case hopefully she is like Severine in Skyfall and leaves an impression on the film

I had almost forget Ana De Armas was in the film.

Ana-de-Armas-13.jpg

giphy.gif
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I just hope Ana De Armas is more than a short cameo or sacrificial lamb.

Willing to bet she is.

I had almost forget Ana De Armas was in the film.

Ana-de-Armas-13.jpg

giphy.gif

Hahaha brilliant

@MakeshiftPython yeah I have that feeling too mate
    I just hope Ana De Armas is more than a short cameo or sacrificial lamb.

Willing to bet she is.

Me too..a bit like the Lucia in SP,but with a more dramatic end I would think.

I hope i'm wrong.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I imagine Paloma will have a similar role to Manuela - assisting Bond briefly, but not before they kill five hours doing the rumba.
    QBranch wrote: »
    I imagine Paloma will have a similar role to Manuela - assisting Bond briefly, but not before they kill five hours doing the rumba.

giphy.gif
    QBranch wrote: »

I wanna see those 5 hours in realtime please.
    The amount that's going on in this film,it could end up being 5 hours long !!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Davina Moon, will play a Receptionist.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2739904/
    https://www.davinamoon.com/

C4jr0_-XAAEZH2E.jpg
    Lynch is a femi-nazi; I can tell by the interview on the previous page. This franchise will suffer for the SJW politics being injected into it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Lynch is a femi-nazi; I can tell by the interview on the previous page. This franchise will suffer for the SJW politics being injected into it.
    Well done Mystic Meg.

Truth of the matter is you don't know anything.

Stop presenting your heavy handed opinion as fact.

Also, are you saying she's a femi-nazi because she merely expressed being a feminist or because she actually did say something "extremist"? Cause I'll bet this proof of yours is actually just a simply worded statement about basic principles.
    Can't we simply wait... for the frigging movie to come out...? You know, like our ancestors used to?

Is that such a hard concept to understand for 2019's Society?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I love comments like these.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Well done Mystic Meg.

Truth of the matter is you don't know anything.

Stop presenting your heavy handed opinion as fact.

Also, are you saying she's a femi-nazi because she merely expressed being a feminist or because she actually did say something "extremist"? Cause I'll bet this proof of yours is actually just a simply worded statement about basic principles.

I like femi-nazis better than masculi-nazis. ;) Just sayin.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Point is regardless on either side is we won't know what happens or anything until the movie is out doubt she would give out any details of the plot.
    Here's what I think is going to happening......

The 'streaming' movement is underway. Paramount announced their merger with Viacom and alongside those plans was the announcement of a new streaming service. There is word that a new Mission: Impossible show is in the works. Whilst I doubt that Tom Cruise will be in the show, I can see Rebecca Ferguson or Simon Pegg leading that series.

Personally, I really want to see that show! you could even perhaps get Christopher McQuarrie to write and direct the pilot.

Whilst the 'Mission' films are all about Cruise doing crazy stunts, I would watch 10 episode spy series with the other characters. Also, there are 6 films worth of characters to work with.....

We know that universal are planning a streaming service - also Bond is a free agent again after Bond 25 and MGM could partner to a major brand like Apple or Netflix.

I think we will get something with Nomi. Perhaps her own limited series with Ralph, Ben and Naomie reprising their roles. I mean, no one has seen a frame of Lynch in the role yet and she's getting fan art made....

ECAkl2aWkAEFWX_?format=jpg&name=large

I can see a future where Nomi is on streaming and Bond is in cinemas.
    Personally I'd rather they concentrate on making the films better and bringing them out more often.
  • Jordo007 wrote: »
    Personally I'd rather they concentrate on making the films better and bringing them out more often.

Personally, I'd rather fans concentrate on critiquing the films that do come out rather than critiquing the films they think MAY come out. Yeah, I know...scant chance of THAT...

Me too.

Librarian wrote: »

Me too.

Count me in on that! :-bd