"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited August 2019 Posts: 17,294
    Sheffield United looked decent in their 1-1 opening against Bournemouth, I think. It will be interesting to see how they'll do throughout the season.
    From what I know my Norwich boys gave their best against a top team last night. As long as they do that all season I will be proud of them regardless of whether we stay up or not? OTBC!!!!
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    Baby Gamora to Thanos: Did you win?

Thanos: Yes.

Baby Gamora: What did it cost?

Thanos: Alisson.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Newcastle looking OK, causing Arsenal a few problems

Not a promising half by Arsenal. Fearing a Newcastle win here.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Arsenal looking better as the half ended, your bench will bail you out

Arsenal looking better as the half ended, your bench will bail you out

I hope so. But Lacazette and Ceballos have struggled with minor injuries/knocks, and Pépé hasn't had much time with the team. No way of knowing what Unai will do in the second half.

Reiss Nelson and Mkhitaryan have both been booked, so that might force a few subs.
    Aubameyang is top class
    Newcastle didn’t offer much.
    wipe-forehead-gif.gif

Phew! Good that the game ended in a win. Besides Aubameyang delivering a class finish (with a great cross by Maitland-Niles), this was a nervy game.
    We got Newcastle at home next weekend. Hopefully we will get our first points on the board?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    We got Newcastle at home next weekend. Hopefully we will get our first points on the board?

There are some interesting attacking players in that Newcastle squad, so it will be an interesting match for sure! Wouldn't be surprised to see Pukki score again!

There are some interesting attacking players in that Newcastle squad, so it will be an interesting match for sure! Wouldn't be surprised to see Pukki score again!

I certainly hope so! Going to be a challenging season for us, but that is why you fight hard in the Championship to have that priviledge the following season.

I certainly hope so! Going to be a challenging season for us, but that is why you fight hard in the Championship to have that priviledge the following season.

Result aside, I think Norwich did alright going forward against Liverpool. Against weaker teams they will surely get results.
    Come on United 3 up
    Woohoo 4 - 0 James goal Pogba awesome run and assist
    Get in clean sheet for United, United need to improve though with so much pace and youth in the side we can only get better
    Didn't watch the game as I'm not at all a fan of Solskjær, but what went on with Chelsea?
    Didn't watch the game as I'm not at all a fan of Solskjær, but what went on with Chelsea?

Chelsea played well and had chances though second half United scored twice in 20 seconds game over, United need to gel better though our defence is much better. Maguire is class

Chelsea played well and had chances though second half United scored twice in 20 seconds game over, United need to gel better though our defence is much better. Maguire is class

The score was a bit flattering, in other words?

Yes and no United destroyed Chelsea in the end

I see. Not a good start for Chelsea this, but they do have a manageable fixture list going forward. Same for United; plenty of games to pick up wins.

I see. Not a good start for Chelsea this, but they do have a manageable fixture list going forward. Same for United; plenty of games to pick up wins.

I can't see myself bringing in Chelsea players until they get a run going, goals are going to be an issue for them, Pulisic will be there key man I think

I can't see myself bringing in Chelsea players until they get a run going, goals are going to be an issue for them, Pulisic will be there key man I think

Staying away from Chelsea in FPL too, for time being.*

*They'll likely win 5-0 or something next week, making me change my mind!

Result aside, I think Norwich did alright going forward against Liverpool. Against weaker teams they will surely get results.

I think so, It's as always about taking those goal scoring opportunities whenever they present themselves. The fortunate thing is not all of our goals came from Pukki. They came from all over the team and squad. So that gives me great hope.

What a result earlier with Utd and Chelsea! I can take losing and still being above Chelsea after game day 1! ;) :-bd

I think so, It's as always about taking those goal scoring opportunities whenever they present themselves. The fortunate thing is not all of our goals came from Pukki. They came from all over the team and squad. So that gives me great hope.

This season will be no different, I expect. Two home fixtures now, which will be an advantage (even though one of them is Chelsea).
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    edited August 2019 Posts: 222
    Spurs have to bring it, to just give City someone else to think about...Pep without Money is a failure...unlike Mauricio, who is the real deal, working with what little he's given.
    Spurs have to bring it, to just give City someone else to think about...Pep without Money is a failure...unlike Mauricio, who is the real deal, working with what little he's given.

Under any other circumstances,and if City was facing any other team I would 100% agree,but being a Gooner,there is no way I want the scum to win.

A drawer would suit my club.

This season will be no different, I expect. Two home fixtures now, which will be an advantage (even though one of them is Chelsea).

Yep, Squeaky bum time already!!!! Lol!