"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Come on my Norwich boys!!!! Could certainly do with a point today, a win would be dreamy!! [-O<
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Come on my Norwich boys!!!! Could certainly do with a point today, a win would be dreamy!! [-O<

My Fantasy team wants a Pukki party!

Sorry to let you down pal, our centre back issue seems to be developing into a crisis!

Sorry to let you down pal, our centre back issue seems to be developing into a crisis!

It's definitely an issue for Norwich, that's for sure. The game against City won't be easy, but then comes the run of easier fixtures!

It's definitely an issue for Norwich, that's for sure. The game against City won't be easy, but then comes the run of easier fixtures!

I dread to think what the score line will be?!!!!! X_X :-t

Laporte is likely out for City for that game. Pukki hat-trick?
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,294
    NLD nervousness…

giphy.gif
    0-2 Sp*rs in first half. Just turned off the game; this Arsenal team have a long way to go to be competitive against the top six.
    2-2 in the end. I think Arsenal really needed a win here, but it wasn't to be. Tricky fixtures ahead too. Turned on the game in the last ten, and as usual, Harry Kane was up to his diving antics. Luckily the ref somehow didn't fall for it.
  • RC7RC7
    Arsenal should’ve won that in the end. Lacazette goal was pure quality.
    RC7 wrote: »

Plenty of chances in the second half, according to the post-match summary. Shame they couldn't put it in the net for a third time.
  • RC7RC7

Plenty of chances in the second half, according to the post-match summary. Shame they couldn't put it in the net for a third time.

They did, but it was offside.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona

Is Dutch football (Dutch players, clubs, national team, etc) good at the moment RC7? ;;)

True, but a goal that counts! ;-)
    _______

From a disappointing NLD to Rosenborg away against Vålerenga, where Rosenborg are down to ten men at half-time. Rosenborg desperately need a win to keep up with the top four, but I can't see that happening now…

Edit: 1-1 in the end. Rosenborg took the lead after a brilliant free-kick effort by Hedenstad, but couldn't keep Vålerenga from scoring. Incredible match; the ref was inconsistent, gave yellow cards for anything – and I'm pretty sure Rosenborg could have got two penalties too.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    edited September 2019 Posts: 222
    What is Dele Ali? Spurs look like an ageing team. They need investment now. Arsenal's defence will let them down this season. 5th. I fancy Leceister will finish 4th what?

If that happens I will run around our street stark naked! :)) Having said that? It would probably mean Man City scored 5 or 6! =))

If that happens I will run around our street stark naked! :)) Having said that? It would probably mean Man City scored 5 or 6! =))

Dangerous to make a statement like that! It's bound to backfire – although it might be worth it? :))

Dangerous to make a statement like that! It's bound to backfire – although it might be worth it? :))

We will all have forgotten about it by the time it comes around?!!! [-O< :-SS =))

We will all have forgotten about it by the time it comes around?!!! [-O< :-SS =))

Just took a screenshot. :D

It is so nice how you look after me! :))

It is so nice how you look after me! :))

VengefulVapidDamselfly-size_restricted.gif
    After being left out from the Rosenborg squad for months, Lord Bendtner now returns to Denmark and F.C. Copenhagen.

What happened between him and the team at the end there hasn't really been confirmed in detail, but I'm sure we'll know some day. Still believe he was the best striker at the club when fit.
    You just beat me to it Torg !
    Watford have a habit of doing this ,it’s the Italian owners.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    You just beat me to it Torg !
    Watford have a habit of doing this ,it’s the Italian owners.

Indeed, it's more of a surprise when they don't sack their managers!
    Now they have reappointed Sanchez !!!! Madness
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Now they have reappointed Sanchez !!!! Madness

Wow, didn't see that happening! Wonder why Quique Sánchez Flores would want to return to the club? Money might be part of it, but still.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gracia had bad luck with injured players to be fair to him
    Gracia had bad luck with injured players to be fair to him

He worked well with the team he had. I can't really see what more the Watford owners can expect.
    What a farce?!!!