"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 17,335
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Bugger - Lacazette is out until October. #-o

giphy.gif

Arsenal will surely drop points without him. He is needed to get the most out of the attack.

Don't worry my friend, we have got Man City tomorrow!!!! :-h :-t X_X

Man City should be worried, it might be another:

tenor.gif?itemid=13939502

:-bd
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A Pukki consolation goal will be most welcome, with a Cantwell assist
    Looking at our decimated defence gentleman thanks to the International games which I dread! We our in a deep hole now. God help us later! :((
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Looking at our decimated defence gentleman thanks to the International games which I dread! We our in a deep hole now. God help us later! :((

It's incredible how many players are out for Norwich. Can they even field a starting eleven? @-)
    Norwich! :-O
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Whoa 2 - 0
    Norwich! :-O

@RogueAgent Wow! Again!
    Surely Norwich was robbed there – that's a pen!
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground

kebab meat, chips, chilli and mint sauce, salad, no toms. sorted.
    Pukki!
    Pukki!

Pukki Train is on the move
    :-O Cracking game well done Norwich, well deserved win they played like heroes
    Massive performance by Norwich – most of all when thinking about the opposition and all the injuries they have. Incredible!

kebab meat, chips, chilli and mint sauce, salad, no toms. sorted.

Didn't catch the reference, @conradhankers!
    Simply stunned and over the moon guys! <:-P \:D/ If we don't get game of the month or whatever they call it? I will eat my hat! So many injuries to pull off a win like that in a David versus Goliath match is simply testament to the players, Manager, back room staff, owners and of course the fans.

Always been a proud Canaries fan, but today for sure rates right up there! OTBC!!!!!!
    @RogueAgent it was a well deserved win, Norwich really do play great football in the first half they were matching City and playing out with the ball extremely well, I was impressed.
    @RogueAgent the rest of the weekend and all the way until the next game:

giphy.gif
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Yes @RogueAgent ,thank you Norwich from the whole of the Premiership!!

Arsenal playing shit but what a goal from Aub ,keep this man fit at all costs !!!!!!
    Embarrassing by Arsenal to lose this game. Couldn't get a better fixture, and they only got the one point out of it. No way performances like this will get them into the top six. This is all about Liverpool, City, Sp*rs, Chelsea, United and Leicester.
    @RogueAgent it was a well deserved win, Norwich really do play great football in the first half they were matching City and playing out with the ball extremely well, I was impressed.

We have always tried to play the game as it should be, That is why I have followed them for so long and will continue too for the rest of my days.
    @RogueAgent the rest of the weekend and all the way until the next game:

giphy.gif

This is how I will be walking into work tomorrow! :)) :-bd
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Yes @RogueAgent ,thank you Norwich from the whole of the Premiership!!

Arsenal playing shit but what a goal from Aub ,keep this man fit at all costs !!!!!!

Barry007 you and the rest of the Premier League are most welcome. From our performance it just proves that if you believe in your own abilities and hard work? Their is no reason to be scared of Man City but you obviously must respect them.
    Embarrassing by Arsenal to lose this game. Couldn't get a better fixture, and they only got the one point out of it. No way performances like this will get them into the top six. This is all about Liverpool, City, Sp*rs, Chelsea, United and Leicester.

Watford had 31 attempts on goal I think that's some kind of record

Yes, if I remember the tweet I saw earlier, it's the record attempts on goal in one match since Opta started counting back in the early 00's…

Yes, if I remember the tweet I saw earlier, it's the record attempts on goal in one match since Opta started counting back in the early 00's…

Wow glad we are playing you guys soon

I am not…

I am not…

Its poor defense and good attack vs good defense and poor attack

I am not…

Indeed. I imagine United will win that game comfortably.

Arsenal play Eintracht Frankfurt (A), Aston Villa (H) and Nottingham Forest (H) before United (A). I genuinely think they can lose all those matches, looking at the way they played today.

I am not…

Arsenal play Eintracht Frankfurt (A), Aston Villa (H) and Nottingham Forest (H) before United (A). I genuinely think they can lose all those matches, looking at the way they played today.

Is it tactics or personnel?

I am not…

Both I think. Emery want the team to play out from the back, but it's clearly not working with the current defence. Might work better with Holding in the starting eleven, but he's injured.

I am not…

Both I think. Emery want the team to play out from the back, but it's clearly not working with the current defence. Might work better with Holding in the starting eleven, but he's injured.

United need midfielders desperately, though looking at other teams the Maguire signing looks better every week he is a class act of a modern footballer, perhaps not the very best though a very good player

I am not…

United need midfielders desperately, though looking at other teams the Maguire signing looks better every week he is a class act of a modern footballer, perhaps not the very best though a very good player

United paid a lot because of that English passport though! At least they addressed the defence, unlike Arsenal who went ahead getting a defender they won't see playing for the team until next season, a deadline day signing, and another one who's injured for quite a while yet…
  • RC7RC7
    Awful result for Arsenal. Especially at 2-0 up. Watford battered them in the 2nd half. Could’ve easily lost.