"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Nightmare day for my Norwich boys! :((

How's the injury situation at Norwich at the moment?

Not great my friend. I am hoping now we have another break, this will allow the health of the squad to quickly improve!!! Certainly a weekend to forget!!!

Fingers crossed for the post-international break fixtures!
    Man Utd just 2 points above the relegation and a team full of old timers and kids x could this be the season they drop ?

Not great my friend. I am hoping now we have another break, this will allow the health of the squad to quickly improve!!! Certainly a weekend to forget!!!

Next 2 games are Bournemouth and Man Utd.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Man Utd just 2 points above the relegation and a team full of old timers and kids x could this be the season they drop ?

Could never see the board allowing that possibility to develop Barry007? Ole could well be on borrowed time if this continues?

That feels like games that can go either way, if you ask me!

With our crisis as it stands? I don't know, I am just grateful it is all rather tight at the bottom still. No pun intended! :))

With our crisis as it stands? I don't know, I am just grateful it is all rather tight at the bottom still. No pun intended! :))

It's very tight indeed (also no pun intended)! A win or two can do a world of difference as far as the league table goes. And seeing as Norwich managed to beat City, you'd think they could get something from the next fixtures!

It's very tight indeed (also no pun intended)! A win or two can do a world of difference as far as the league table goes. And seeing as Norwich managed to beat City, you'd think they could get something from the next fixtures!

True, but I did think that about Burnley and especially Aston Villa at home yesterday. You just never know? Look at how both Manchester teams got on today.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,356

True, but I did think that about Burnley and especially Aston Villa at home yesterday. You just never know? Look at how both Manchester teams got on today.

Games have been unpredictable so far, that's for sure! With that in mind, I think Norwich might get results going forward. Especially at home.

Games have been unpredictable so far, that's for sure! With that in mind, I think Norwich might get results going forward. Especially at home.

Squeaky bum time as Alex Ferguson would say!

Squeaky bum time as Alex Ferguson would say!

Still early in the season though! Minor squeak at most, surely?
    Keep calm. Ole's at the wheel.

=)) =)) =))

@barryt007 Arsène still wearing his red Arsenal tie! :-bd
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Perhaps he will be United's next caretaker manager, right now I would take Wenger

Perhaps he will be United's next caretaker manager, right now I would take Wenger

Fortunately for us Arsenal fans he's ruled out managing another English club:
    When asked if he would return to manage another English club, he replied "certainly not".

The Frenchman said: "I have dedicated my whole life to one club - it would be difficult and not well accepted."

He loves Arsenal too much!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

When asked if he would return to manage another English club, he replied "certainly not".

The Frenchman said: "I have dedicated my whole life to one club - it would be difficult and not well accepted."

That does not surprise me at all, loyalty is admirable

He's one of a kind, that's for sure. I think he's rumoured to be in line for a role at FIFA, if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see if that happens.

And all too rare!

This year United have recouped much of what they spent on Wan Bissaka, Maguire and James. We shipped out alot of players over the last twelve months including a large amount for Lukaku. Chelsea's ban will change there position for sure though Puliscic will probably be included who they bought before the ban.

This year United have recouped much of what they spent on Wan Bissaka, Maguire and James. We shipped out alot of players over the last twelve months including a large amount for Lukaku. Chelsea's ban will change there position for sure though Puliscic will probably be included who they bought before the ban.

Good point re. United, and the transfer ban will no doubt have an impact on Chelsea's position (how long was the band for again?). There are some interesting points from this graph though; the fact that Wenger managed a lot with lesser net spend, the change in Newcastle's position (they still spend much though), and how much Aston Villa have spent since the early 90's.
    Bloody hell England are shit - the players and tactics.
    Danny Rose should be shot ,woeful.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Bloody hell England are shit - the players and tactics.
    Danny Rose should be shot ,woeful.

A bit much? :))
    Every time I see Danny Rose though, all I can think of is him escaping a red card for this earlier this year:

rose_leno.jpg

That was 100% intentional.
    Forgot England were playing, though been asleep all day

Good point re. United, and the transfer ban will no doubt have an impact on Chelsea's position (how long was the band for again?). There are some interesting points from this graph though; the fact that Wenger managed a lot with lesser net spend, the change in Newcastle's position (they still spend much though), and how much Aston Villa have spent since the early 90's.

I keep hearing Villa spent alot of money thus past transfer window, historically they are a big club
    England certainly are not playing their best full backs

I keep hearing Villa spent alot of money thus past transfer window, historically they are a big club

Indeed, they're historically a big club, but still; I'm a bit surprised by their spending. Villa spent a lot this summer too (as you mention) – £137.5m!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1163679/Premier-League-table-net-transfer-spend-Aston-Villa-Man-Utd-Liverpool

Don't think they're even playing their best goalkeeper!

Indeed, they're historically a big club, but still; I'm a bit surprised by their spending. Villa spent a lot this summer too (as you mention) – £137.5m!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1163679/Premier-League-table-net-transfer-spend-Aston-Villa-Man-Utd-Liverpool

I have not paid much attention to Villa this season until they destroyed Norwich, with so many new players bedding in they will no doubt improve as the season progresses

I have not paid much attention to Villa this season until they destroyed Norwich, with so many new players bedding in they will no doubt improve as the season progresses

Agree, they'll definitely get better. Seems like they – despite spending a lot of money - haven't done a Fulham in the transfer window.

Agree, they'll definitely get better. Seems like they – despite spending a lot of money - haven't done a Fulham in the transfer window.

Wesley is on my fpl watch list
    England losing and looked poor