"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• RC7RC7
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This James prick for Man Utd is a serial diver

Man of the Match.
    Another disappointing Arsenal performance. Playing sideways passes for 90+ minutes doesn't work against Sheffield United. Just can't see what Emery's plan was for this game.

Arsenal will be extremely lucky to get a top six finish. Can't see them getting CL.
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear ..... 42 years I have supported this f*****g team.

Oh well,used to it now.

Oh well,used to it now.

Someone joked on Twitter that they should give it to Ljungberg until the end of the season. I'm starting to wonder if that might be a good idea…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Emery on the Touch line late on in the game looked clueless
    Emery on the Touch line late on in the game looked clueless

Arsenal looked clueless. There's no plan behind the decisions, and it shows. Hopefully this guy will make an impact one way or the other:

Ljungberg.jpg?width=934&height=620
    Freddie got booked he was so passionate x I would give it to Freddie in a heartbeat,Arsenal legend to me .
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,335
    Freddie got booked he was so passionate x I would give it to Freddie in a heartbeat,Arsenal legend to me .

I mean, he can't make them worse, right? Also, he's apparently doing brilliantly as a coach – especially with the younger players.

Only positive tonight:

• edited October 2019 Posts: 7,505

I mean, he can't make them worse, right? Also, he's apparently doing brilliantly as a coach – especially with the younger players.

If he could do worse? Of course he could! Truth be told, Arsenal are neither overperforming nor underperforming based on the players they have and the competition from other teams.
    jobo wrote: »

If he could do worse? Of course he could! Truth be told, Arsenal are neither overperforming nor underperforming based on the players they have and the competition from other teams.

They should be doing better – even with this squad. Team selections are bizarre to say the least, and Emery should be questioned about that. To quote Arseblog: "Emery is making it up as he goes along, and it’s not good enough."

I know it might seem strange to even suggest giving Ljungberg a go, I know that; but this is just unacceptable.

Have to agree with this:

Oh well,used to it now.

Oh Barry007 you made me laugh reading this. I feel like this sometimes supporting my beloved Norwich City. :))
    WTF ??????????????
    SOUTHAMPTON 0-9 LEICESTER CITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    WTF ??????????????

Leicester broke the biggest Premier League away win twice
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    WTF ??????????????

Leicester broke the biggest Premier League away win twice

And ties Man United's record of the biggest win in PL history (9-0 vs Ipswich in 1995).
    At least one United record has not been beaten tonight
    Wow what a beating for Southampton tonight?!!!!!!
    At least one United record has not been beaten tonight

The way this season is going old pal anything can happen to anyone :/
    Leicester to finish third is my guess right now.
    I ALWAYS said that if Brendan is available then Arsenal should grab him as manager and I was laughed at.

He was available and we didn’t and now look at Leicester.
    He is a master tactician and keeps players grounded . What a ‘f’ up as usual .
    I ALWAYS said that if Brendan is available then Arsenal should grab him as manager and I was laughed at.

I've never quite got what's so special about Rodgers personally, but he sure is proving what he's about now. That, and the fact that his team seems ideal to the way he wants to play.

• edited October 2019 Posts: 19,339

I've never quite got what's so special about Rodgers personally, but he sure is proving what he's about now. That, and the fact that his team seems ideal to the way he wants to play.

I DID mention it Torg !!!!! :(

I meant to say ,what the frig has happened to Rosenberg? Why are they on zero points ?

I meant to say ,what the frig has happened to Rosenberg? Why are they on zero points ?

I trust you did!

Rosenborg has been in decline for years now, which culminated with the appointment of the current head coach Eirik Horneland - which to many just seemed like a bizarre decision. They even had to go through quite a bit of trouble with his former club Haugesund to release him and assistant coach Karl Oskar Emberland from their contracts.

Since then Rosenborg have struggled to find any decent playing style and form, and they're not only not able to pick up points in EL (to be expected), but they're also likely to finish outside top four in Eliteserien too - losing out on the opportunity to play European tournaments. That's not what you expect from a team that's supposed to compete for the league title every season.

There's something very wrong at Rosenborg, both on and of the pitch, and the way things are looking, it won't change anytime soon.

I trust you did!

Rosenborg has been in decline for years now, which culminated with the appointment of the current head coach Eirik Horneland - which to many just seemed like a bizarre decision. They even had to go through quite a bit of trouble with his former club Haugesund to release him and assistant coach Karl Oskar Emberland from their contracts.

Since then Rosenborg have struggled to find any decent playing style and form, and they're not only not able to pick up points in EL (to be expected), but they're also likely to finish outside top four in Eliteserien too - losing out on the opportunity to play European tournaments. That's not what you expect from a team that's supposed to compete for the league title every season.

There's something very wrong at Rosenborg, both on and of the pitch, and the way things are looking, it won't change anytime soon.

That’s a big shame ,I didn’t realise.

Yes ,SKY mentioned it earlier - weird coincidence!!

I trust you did!

That’s a big shame ,I didn’t realise.

Yes, it really is. I can't see where they can take things from here either; I don't think the board at the club want to look for a new head coach, and you have to ask questions about the process behind the appointment, the people behind the appointment, the club's transfer activity, etc.

Yes ,SKY mentioned it earlier - weird coincidence!!

It really is!
    Blimey Torg - u support Arsenal & Rosenborg? You must be in pain old chum !!

I am! To make things worse, Rosenborg are playing their rivals - OGS's former club Molde, tomorrow. Molde will win the league this season, and losing against them will just be horrible…

I am! To make things worse, Rosenborg are playing their rivals - OGS's former club Molde, tomorrow. Molde will win the league this season, and losing against them will just be horrible…

Well, you could be supporting Southampton ;)

Hahaha true,he could indeed,good point!

giphy.gif