"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,333
    One result to be happy about this weekend, @barryt007; thank you Millwall!

EH0RaJzWoAAggJt.png
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,528

EH0RaJzWoAAggJt.png

Indeed but my local team is Luton so bitter sweet.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »

EH0RaJzWoAAggJt.png

Indeed but my local team is Luton so bitter sweet.

At least they're not in the bottom!

Looks like Huddersfield have finally begun picking up points too, after the Cowley brothers were appointed. They did well with Lincoln City, reaching the quarter-finals of the FA Cup in 2017.
    Fingers crossed for my Norwich boys tomorrow against Man Utd! OTBC!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Damn right !!

Damn right !!

I think they will give it a right go tomorrow Barry007? Especially being at Carrow Rd!

Damn right !!

I think they will give it a right go tomorrow Barry007? Especially being at Carrow Rd!

I have a sneaky feeling of a Canaries win !

If you score twice you will win, I think tomorrow could be Ole's last game in charge at United
    Xhaka not trying to get on the good side with the Arsenal fans…

This club is such a joke.

Mocking fans?

Mocking fans?

Fand were booing him, he responded with "F*ck off". Brings back memories of the last few years under Wenger. Nothing's changed. Nothing.

Mocking fans?

Fand were booing him, he responded with "F*ck off". Brings back memories of the last few years under Wenger. Nothing's changed. Nothing.

Not good though Pogba got similar treatment at the end of last season, when fired up takes a lot to keep a lid on emotions

Mocking fans?

Not good though Pogba got similar treatment at the end of last season, when fired up takes a lot to keep a lid on emotions

I just don't understand the management of Emery; it's clearly that it doesn't work playing with Xhaka the way he does, yet he keeps on playing him. As a result Xhaka gets a lot of criticism.

Mocking fans?

I just don't understand the management of Emery; it's clearly that it doesn't work playing with Xhaka the way he does, yet he keeps on playing him. As a result Xhaka gets a lot of criticism.

His he not club captain?

Mocking fans?

His he not club captain?

One of several yes, but first choice for captain.
    VAR is a good thing, but incredible how they could see this as a foul by Chambers to then rule out the goal for Arsenal. I'm now close to convinced refs deliberately want to work against Arsenal.

Even so, this is an unacceptable result for Arsenal. I can't see where this is heading under Emery; it's clearly not working. What now, Arsenal? Most fans will agree with this, I think:

@Torgeirtrap Arsenal in same situations as United though you have better attackers, none of us will get top four unless there are some changes

----

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    @Torgeirtrap Arsenal in same situations as United though you have better attackers, none of us will get top four unless there are some changes

Arsenal don't even deserve top four the way they're playing. Now it's up to the club hierarchy to change that. Will it? No.

As for United, I have a feeling they're waiting for someone to be available perhaps? What do you think about that, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

The OGS appointment just seemed strange.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Arsenal don't even deserve top four the way they're playing. Now it's up to the club hierarchy to change that. Will it? No.

As for United, I have a feeling they're waiting for someone to be available perhaps? What do you think about that, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

The United fan base has blinkers on we beat a relegation rival and some think we have turned a corner. No disrespect to Norwich though with injury's they are the worst defense in the league currently.

Whats happened to Ozil totally frozen out?
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

The United fan base has blinkers on we beat a relegation rival and some think we have turned a corner. No disrespect to Norwich though with injury's they are the worst defense in the league currently.

That seems a bit too early to call; Norwich managed a couple goals, and a team with less injuries might've caused more difficulties. United have decent fixtures until December though.

What were your thoughts on the game, @RogueAgent?
    Whats happened to Ozil totally frozen out?

Rumours has it that they've frozen him out in order for him to settle for a move in January. Say what you will about Özil - he could still be of good use for the team.
    My goodness this season is hard to take. Another loss and now for me the next 2 games really are 6 pointers! Brighton away and then Watford at home. OTBC!!!
    My goodness this season is hard to take. Another loss and now for me the next 2 games really are 6 pointers! Brighton away and then Watford at home. OTBC!!!

Brighton might be a tricky one given their current form, but you never know! Watford might be a game to target for Daniel Farke.

Brighton might be a tricky one given their current form, but you never know! Watford might be a game to target for Daniel Farke.

Yep, the hole is getting deeper! :((

Looks difficult for Norwich with all the injuries. I predict a draw against Brighton and a 2-0 win over Watford (goals by Pukki and Tettey)!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,528

Looks difficult for Norwich with all the injuries. I predict a draw against Brighton and a 2-0 win over Watford (goals by Pukki and Tettey)!

Just watching highlights your captain not good your side in disarray
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,153
    Wrong thread.

Right now I would happily take 4 points from those 2 games! :)) :-bd

Right now I would happily take 4 points from those 2 games! :)) :-bd

I'm sure Farke will go for it!