"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,293
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This is a frickin lottery,great match though.
    We WILL still win

Guendouzi on for Özil. Can only hope he makes a difference.

…but was it smart taking of Özil. More worried about Willock on a yellow.
    I could easily go wz Jose,he would suit Arsenal.

Meanwhile why the hell would you take Ozil off ,it’s a negative substitution and if it goes to penalties then we are screwed.
    Joe Willock what a goal !!!!!!!!

4-5 !!!!
    I could easily go wz Jose,he would suit Arsenal.
    You'd ideally want Arsenal ro play attractive football, but given that they can't keep a damn clean sheet, I'd happily lose that side of the game in order to actually win games they should win. Mou will be able to bring that to the club.

Meanwhile why the hell would you take Ozil off ,it’s a negative substitution and if it goes to penalties then we are screwed.
    Great goal by Willock!

As for Özil, that was a substitution I understand very little of. Just shows the conflict that's likely there between him and Emery. Something's not right there.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Saying that though Unai needs time,he has a lot of shit to fix and it will take several transfer windows.
    I personally believe in him,he is even introducing the kids who WANT to play for Arsenal and are getting the chance.
    He will turn it around and solve it,we have to treat him the same way Man Utd did wz Sir Alex .....TIME !!
    Poor Martinelli,he has been kicked all over the place.
    He should be happy,means players fear him.
    Saying that though Unai needs time,he has a lot of shit to fix and it will take several transfer windows.
    I personally believe in him,he is even introducing the kids who WANT to play for Arsenal and are getting the chance.
    He will turn it around and solve it,we have to treat him the same way Man Utd did wz Sir Alex .....TIME !!

The question is if he'll get the time. Plenty of fans are getting tired of the way Arsenal are playing under him (stats are not promising either) - and more crucially; will Arsenal play CL next season?

…and it's 5-5…
    Penalties…
    Why am I not surprised ,and Ozil isn’t on the pitch ,at least as a player.
    I can see how this story ends....it will be the PL and LC trophies gone ,4th place (I hate playing for 4th ,we are Arsenal ffs) and just FA Cup and EL (where we are playing kids) left .
    Another trophy less year me thinks .

Tony Adams is doing wonders over in Spain, they all love him at Grenada and They were top of the league,bring him back in the same position,he is a legend,it’s a no brainier !!!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    On the upside Gunners can score goals, Chelsea 1 - 1 United, we are poor again
    Why am I not surprised ,and Ozil isn’t on the pitch ,at least as a player.
    I can see how this story ends....it will be the PL and LC trophies gone ,4th place (I hate playing for 4th ,we are Arsenal ffs) and just FA Cup and EL (where we are playing kids) left .
    Another trophy less year me thinks .

Tony Adams is doing wonders over in Spain, they all love him at Grenada and They were top of the league,bring him back in the same position,he is a legend,it’s a no brainier !!!!!

We need a miracle if Arsenal should compete for trophies anytime soon.

5 goals, still they can't win the game. I can't understand this team.
    Ok I’m done ,another night wasted on Arsenal, I don’t have many more in me tbh ...I don’t think I can watch them live anymore and will watch other games as a neutral in future.
    Sorry but after seeing my club become this after all I have seen since I was 7 in 1977 (42 years ago) I’m done .
    From now on I won’t watch Arsenal live and I’m not joking .
    I’m going neutral chaps ,it’s not worth it.
    This is the story of Arsenal since the mid 00's. They just aren't capable to get the results going their way. It's all well and good that they score goals, but when they can't even get a win when being ahead by two goals TWICE, then there's reason for serious concern. What now?

The Arsenal hierarchy can't sit still like they've done countless times before. They can't sit still seeing the fans turn against their own players (and seeing the players tell 'em to "F*ck off!" in return). Again you have to ask questions about Emery's substitutions. Again we see a team that's incapable of delivering in an away game. In my opinion, questions have to be asked about Emery now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Now that was special
    Great result for United that, and probably gives OGS more time in charge. Still wondering what Uniteds long term plans are though.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,376
    Great result for United that, and probably gives OGS more time in charge. Still wondering what Uniteds long term plans are though.

Rashfords Worldy papers over the cracks, Ole tactically is suspect I am not convinced by him despite three wins.

Ole may grind out some results or legitimately improve, though all season I have felt our players are much better than some of the dross I have watched.

If Ole makes it too the summer credit to him though I would not be surprised if someone else came in, I will be shocked if we get top four or top 6, if we do then I will admit I was wrong about Ole.

Rashfords Worldy papers over the cracks, Ole tactically is suspect I am not convinced by him despite three wins.

Ole may grind out some results or legitimately improve, though all season I have felt our players are much better than some of the dross I have watched.

If Ole makes it too the summer credit to him though I would not be surprised if someone else came in, I will be shocked if we get top four or top 6, if we do then I will admit I was wrong about Ole.

The top four is so wide open right now that I won't be surprised if OGS manages to get a top four finish with this United team. Sp*rs and Arsenal haven't been impressive either, Chelsea look good but have a young squad, and Leicester need to be stable throughout the season.

Right now I think this is how it'll end:

1. Liverpool
    2. City
    3. Leicester
    4./5. United /Chelsea
    6. Sp*rs
    7. Arsenal (I wouldn't be surprised to see Palace finish above Arsenal if Roy keeps them delivering).
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,376

The top four is so wide open right now that I won't be surprised if OGS manages to get a top four finish with this United team. Sp*rs and Arsenal haven't been impressive either, Chelsea look good but have a young squad, and Leicester need to be stable throughout the season.

1. Liverpool
    2. City
    3. Leicester
    4./5. United /Chelsea
    6. Sp*rs
    7. Arsenal (I wouldn't be surprised to see Palace finish above Arsenal if Roy keeps them delivering).

I think it will finish like this if Ole stays all season...
    1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Leicester
    4. Chelsea
    5. Arsenal
    6. Spurs
    7. United (I am being generous)

1. Liverpool
    2. City
    3. Leicester
    4./5. United /Chelsea
    6. Sp*rs

I think it will finish like this if Ole stays all season...
    1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Leicester
    4. Chelsea
    5. Arsenal
    6. Spurs
    7. United (I am being generous)

At least we're in agreement re. Leicester!
    At least there's one Arsenal team is delivering, @barryt007!

=D>

=D>

They got some Dutch dynamite in the team anyhow.
    SaintMark wrote: »

=D>

They got some Dutch dynamite in the team anyhow.

The definitely do! They played so well tonight.

=D>

Cant we swap them over with the mens side ?!
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,293

=D>

Cant we swap them over with the mens side ?!

Unlike the men, these girls can defend, so yes please!

Maybe the coach, Joe Montemurro, should be considered for the mens team.

Do like the proposed badge!

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bournemouth has defeated Manchester United. 1-0 Full time.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I think after the Liverpool and Chelsea games Ollie is pretty much invincible until the summer.
    Djurgården won the Allsvenskan today in a very tight race to secure the title. It became a bit much for director of sports Bo "Bosse" Andersson, who fainted while celebrating!

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Southampton 1-0 Man City.

Aston Villa 1-0 Liverpool.

This was a game Arsenal couldn't afford to lose. This was a game to keep up with the top four. What now, Arsenal? What now?