"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I wonder if Sterling would have been dropped if we desperately needed a win to qualify, Sterling will likely feature in the second game. It sounds like hand bags after the Liverpool v City clash
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,104
    According to reports this morning Gomez was attempting to wind up Sterling about City's loss, Sterling allegedly stood up and grabbed him by the throat.
    (Sterling playing less is good for my FPL team :)))
    According to reports this morning Gomez was attempting to wind up Sterling about City's loss, Sterling allegedly stood up and grabbed him by the throat.

Sounds like succeeding in winding him up
    vzok wrote: »

Sounds like succeeding in winding him up

Indeed

'We' ve got our excuse now' :))

My first thought as well, haha!
    Many England Legends in attendance for tonight's game, good to see Gazza looking ok. England's 1000th International game. This should be a 5 - 0 win
    Brilliant Ox scores for England, great build up from TAA and Chillwell
    Many England Legends in attendance for tonight's game, good to see Gazza looking ok. England's 1000th International game. This should be a 5 - 0 win

Who else of the England legends are there?

Shilton, Hurst, Rooney I missed the first 30 mins though appears any England player of note has been invited for the 1000th game
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,104
    Chillwell assist again, Kane goal 2 - 0
    Kane goal Chillwell 3rd assist, 3 - 0

Shilton, Hurst, Rooney I missed the first 30 mins though appears any England player of note has been invited for the 1000th game

That's a nice gesture! I listened to a football podcast earlier, where they tried to name a best ever starting eleven for the English national side. Many big names didn't make the final team, that's for sure!

That's a nice gesture! I listened to a football podcast earlier, where they tried to name a best ever starting eleven for the English national side. Many big names didn't make the final team, that's for sure!

Very tough Moore, Banks, Adams, Shearer, Gazza, Grieves, Charlton, Beckham, Scholes first names that pop in my mind

4 - 0 Rashford
    Kane Hatrick 5 - 0 after 36 minutes
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,241

Very tough Moore, Banks, Adams, Shearer, Gazza, Grieves, Charlton, Beckham, Scholes first names that pop in my mind
    Some of those names made the list on that podcast. Can't remember the full eleven though.

Montenegro really aren't playing well tonight. Sead Hakšabanović has been alright though; won't be surprised if he manages to create something for them.

Some of those names made the list on that podcast. Can't remember the full eleven though.

Montenegro really aren't playing well tonight. Sead Hakšabanović has been alright though; won't be surprised if he manages to create something for them.

England have fire power to match any side in world football though midfield and center defense worries me, against the best sides we will get found out. Montenegro could have scored and should have

England have fire power to match any side in world football though midfield and center defense worries me, against the best sides we will get found out. Montenegro could have scored and should have

The midfield and center defence is definitely a worry. Going forward I think you will see Mount and other young guys being options in the midfield though, so it will look more promising long-term.
    Not even got the TV on! I-)

The midfield and center defence is definitely a worry. Going forward I think you will see Mount and other young guys being options in the midfield though, so it will look more promising long-term.

I was just thinking how young this side is, attacking depth I cant think of it ever been better than this for England.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

A good time to get back involved with the national side, the Roy debacle is a distant memory

I was just thinking how young this side is, attacking depth I cant think of it ever been better than this for England.

Can't say I remember a England team that compares to the current one's attacking depth. Although there might be sides that compare if you look a while back.

A good time to get back involved with the national side, the Roy debacle is a distant memory

I am happy sticking with club football, which is quite something considering how my team are doing lately! :))
    6 - 0 great run from Rashford again, own goal.

Can't say I remember a England team that compares to the current one's attacking depth. Although there might be sides that compare if you look a while back.

Sterling, Rashford, Odio and Sancho are going to scare every defense and they are all still relatively young

Sterling, Rashford, Odio and Sancho are going to scare every defense and they are all still relatively young

What's promising is that they're that good at such a young age. They're very likely going to be even better in the years to come.

I am happy sticking with club football, which is quite something considering how my team are doing lately! :))

I don't care for internationals either, but at the current time it's slightly more appealing watching the Norwegian national side play, rather than watching Arsenal or Rosenborg…
    Abraham goal 7 - 0

Confirmed England will play Euro 2020 group games at Wembley
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Tottenham Hotspur have sacked Mauricio Pochettino.

Wow, incoming welcome to Old Trafford Poch

Wow, incoming welcome to Old Trafford Poch

Emirates Stadium ;-)