"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Euro 2020 group stage draw just took place. And, well... France, Germany and Portugal will be in the same group (group F). 8-X
    The Euro 2020 group stage draw just took place. And, well... France, Germany and Portugal will be in the same group (group F). 8-X

What a group!

What a group!

Everybody is glad they are in that group and the fourth team is the one suffering some incredible opposition.
    SaintMark wrote: »

What a group!

Everybody is glad they are in that group and the fourth team is the one suffering some incredible opposition.

Which additional team is likely to end up in that group?

That will annoy Ronaldo which always puts a smile on my face!!! :D :-bd :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

What a group!

Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Iceland.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

That will annoy Ronaldo which always puts a smile on my face!!! :D :-bd :))

Portugal will probably qualify as nr 3 as usual, just like how they won the title in 2016 (sneer... ) >:P

What a group!

Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Iceland.

Thanks! Very open who'll make the final spot between those team, I feel.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,376
    England
    Croatia
    Czech Rep
    And one of Norway, Sebia, Scotland, Israel

If Englands fire power delivers we should be OK, if not our defence will cost us
    England
    Croatia
    Czech Rep

If Englands fire power delivers we should be OK, if not our defence will cost us

You can remove Norway from that list of possible fourth spot candidates. That won't happen!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    England
    Croatia
    Czech Rep

You can remove Norway from that list of possible fourth spot candidates. That won't happen!

Who do you have in the play off game?
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,293
    England
    Croatia
    Czech Rep

Who do you have in the play off game?

Serbia. Plenty of great players in that team.
    Wow! Surprising team by Freddie! :-O

England
    Croatia
    Czech Rep

I wouldn't be that pessimistic. Serbia are favorites obviously, but this new Norwegian side is not that bad. In a play off game, anything can happen.
    jobo wrote: »
    England
    Croatia
    Czech Rep

I wouldn't be that pessimistic. Serbia are favorites obviously, but this new Norwegian side is not that bad. In a play off game, anything can happen.

Of course, but Norway usually find a way to screw things up!
    Norwich 1-0 Arsenal.
    Sheffield 1-0 Wolves.
    Being an Arsenal fan isn't easy…
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,293
    Relegation battle on the cards…
    ________

Yet another horrible match by Arsenal; this season is more or less ruined already. A rebuild is needed. Will it happen though? Very unlikely.
    Aston Villa currently up 1-0 versus Man United.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I get the feeling that Ollie won't be Man United manager by this time next week.
    I get the feeling that Ollie won't be Man United manager by this time next week.

Spurs then City then gone assuming Ole gets that far. Legend of the club as a player, as a manager not very good
    Rosenborg had results on their side and managed a top three in the final gameweek of Eliteserien, making EL a possibility next year. Happy about that, but not happy about how they've played this season. I can't see how they will improve either, so I can't be excited about next season.
    _______

For all the frustrations the mens team brings, Arsenal Women are delivering big time! ^:)^

Vivianne Miedema provided six goals and four assists in this match!
    Overall I am happy with taking a point off Arsenal.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic just gave us another one of his golden quotes, this time about Cristiano Ronaldo: ''Going to Juventus was a challenge for him? A challenge? Seriously? A challenge going to a club coming from 7 league titles in a row?! Bullshit.”

----

Everton have sacked their manager, Marco Silva.

That was a crucial game for Arsenal. Gutted it didn't result in three points…
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic just gave us another one of his golden quotes, this time about Cristiano Ronaldo: ''Going to Juventus was a challenge for him? A challenge? Seriously? A challenge going to a club coming from 7 league titles in a row?! Bullshit.”

:))
    _________

0-1 Brighton. Arsenal continues being horrible. I think Arsenal will be out of the top ten continuing like this - possibly closer to relegation. They're that bad.

1-2 in the end. The team is getting worse with every game. It clear that those in charge have failed massively in everything they've set out to do. It's on them as much as the players. Who would even want to manage this team?

_________

0-1 Brighton. Arsenal continues being horrible. I think Arsenal will be out of the top ten continuing like this - possibly closer to relegation. They're that bad.

1-2 in the end. The team is getting worse with every game. It clear that those in charge have failed massively in everything they've set out to do. It's on them as much as the players. Who would even want to manage this team?

I watched some of the first half, Arsenal's midfield is woefull it could not stop a tumbleweed its that lightweight. You need to get someone in quick to instill some steel into the players.

_________

I watched some of the first half, Arsenal's midfield is woefull it could not stop a tumbleweed its that lightweight. You need to get someone in quick to instill some steel into the players.

I think whoever they bring in will find it difficult to turn things around. A top manager don't want to come in for a salvage operation either, so the appointment process might prove difficult.

And as Eurosport journalist and Arsenal fan Jonas Bergh-Johnsen writes on Twitter: you can argue that all of Arsenal's wins this season were lucky ones.

They could just as well be in a relegation spot.

Someone mentioned this as a possibility when he was sacked by Arsenal (can't remember who though – but a journalist). Niko Kovač was apparently present at Goodison Park this weekend as well (and is rumoured to be present to watch Arsenal tonight…).

:-?