"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Better start preparing:

eflsb_ch_l_dm_reg_st_rgb.png
    Gutted my boys lost again yesterday. Such a tough season. OTBC!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Gutted my boys lost again yesterday. Such a tough season. OTBC!!!

Indeed it is!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,376

RVP's goal is PlayStation football

There are many Playstation goals on there to be fair. The Arsenal one is when you just repeatedly push X and hope for the best ;)
    jobo wrote: »

The Arsenal one is when you just repeatedly push X and hope for the best ;)

This sounds like Arsenal's way of doing…anything.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    After yesterday's defeat against Arsenal, West Ham are considering sacking Manuel Pellegrini, according to Sky Sports.
    After yesterday's defeat against Arsenal, West Ham are considering sacking Manuel Pellegrini, according to Sky Sports.

I am not surprised by this, It's all about staying in the premier league.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ancelotti fired by Napoli. Hm… Could it happen? Could he be the next Arsenal manager?
    Ancelotti fired by Napoli. Hm… Could it happen? Could he be the next Arsenal manager?

I thought Napoli just qualified for CL next round, Ancelloti at Arsenal would be great for the club

Sky are linking him with Everton

Edited: I see Napoli domestic form has been poor
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 7,500

I thought Napoli just qualified for CL next round, Ancelloti at Arsenal would be great for the club

Sky are linking him with Everton

Edited: I see Napoli domestic form has been poor

He´s also had a fall out with the club chairman, Di Laurentis. The latter demanded punishment training camps, apparently a common thing in Italy, where players are locked on the training ground for days or weeks after bad results. Ancelotti reacted badly to this, claiming such measures should be his decision, not the chairman´s.

I think Napoli are doing a huge mistake. Especially considering that Gatusso is the replacement, who´s philosophy as well as coaching credentials are drastically different to Ancelotti´s.
    Surely Arsenal would be more tempting than Everton? No disrespect intended.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,293

I do feel for Freddie, having to manage this squad of massively overpaid players that seem totally uninterested in doing their job. Arsenal will be lucky to avoid a relegation battle.

What a mess…

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Terrible disaster for Lyon forward Memphis Depay, who seriously injured himself yesterday when he tore his ACL. He is set to miss the rest of the 2019-2020 season and may be forced to also miss the Euro 2020 tournament for Netherlands.
    Terrible disaster for Lyon forward Memphis Depay, who seriously injured himself yesterday when he tore his ACL. He is set to miss the rest of the 2019-2020 season and may be forced to also miss the Euro 2020 tournament for Netherlands.

That is unfortunate he has done well since he left United and is a key player for Holland

I do feel for Freddie, having to manage this squad of massively overpaid players that seem totally uninterested in doing their job. Arsenal will be lucky to avoid a relegation battle.

What a mess…

I caught some of the game City did not really have to play that well Arsenal were terrible, you won't get relegated though I don't know how you can climb the table with those players.
    Man City vs Real Madrid
    PSG vs Dortmund
    Atalanta vs Valencia
    Napoli vs Barcelona
    Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid
    Spurs vs Leipzig
    Chelsea vs Bayern
    Juventus vs Lyon
    Some very interesting games! Shame we have to wait until the end of february...

That is unfortunate he has done well since he left United and is a key player for Holland

What a mess…

I caught some of the game City did not really have to play that well Arsenal were terrible, you won't get relegated though I don't know how you can climb the table with those players.

I certainly won't expect anything but mid-table, that's for sure. I wouldn't rule out relegation actually. Arsenal are no better than the teams behind them.
    Really proud of the boys after a hard fought point away at Leicester last weekend. OTBC!!!
    79704077-991584837869081-851079174503268352-n.jpg
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 7,653
    79704077-991584837869081-851079174503268352-n.jpg

I expect that Liverpool pays him handsomely can he not wear a decent set of pants he looks like a d*ck. I do mean that Klopp fella of course ;)
    Mikel Arteta is officially confirmed as Arsenal's new manager.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/mikel-arteta-joining-our-new-head-coach
    Mikel Arteta is officially confirmed as Arsenal's new manager.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/mikel-arteta-joining-our-new-head-coach

This took a while!

Arteta did well in the press conference, and said all the right things. Can only hope it will show on the pitch as well.
    The Arteta appointment will it really be any better than having Freddie in charge, this obsession with hiring unproven managers my club included is such a risk. Arsenal for me need a proven couch who can run the riot act and sort that squads attitude out.
    The Arteta appointment will it really be any better than having Freddie in charge, this obsession with hiring unproven managers my club included is such a risk. Arsenal for me need a proven couch who can run the riot act and sort that squads attitude out.

I think this is the only option they're left with. Nobody else with the "modern" kind of profile will ever want to consider a club like Arsenal, so a former player with experience working with Pep is as good as they can do. Freddie's coaching experience is with younger players in the U23, so I can understand them considering Arteta over him. It's a massive gamble no doubt, but as much I personally would've wanted someone like Allegri or Ancelotti, they probably weren't the right fit for the club (and Allegri doesn't speak English either).
    Carlo Ancelotti is officially the new Everton manager.
    Carlo Ancelotti is officially the new Everton manager.

Funny they announced it so close to the game!
    Another loss sadly, stay strong lads. OTBC!!!