"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited November 2019 Posts: 8,089
    Lampard doing good job for Chelsea.

Won't surprise me if he took them to a league title in a few years.

And before Tottenham or United win again.
    Gutted by yet another loss, Come on lads, it is the big one next week! Watford 6 pointer!!! OTBC!!!!!

This was a game Arsenal couldn't afford to lose. This was a game to keep up with the top four. What now, Arsenal? What now?

I see Ozil made a difference then ,not !!
    I don’t even recognise this team anymore and I stick to what I said in the week-I’m not watching them anymore,it’s seriously not good for your health to support this team.
    The foundation’s are there,the stadium is there ,the money was given to the manager.
    What a mess and a joke of a club ,I hope it’s relegated.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,293
    barryt007 wrote: »

This was a game Arsenal couldn't afford to lose. This was a game to keep up with the top four. What now, Arsenal? What now?

I see Ozil made a difference then ,not !!
    I don’t even recognise this team anymore and I stick to what I said in the week-I’m not watching them anymore,it’s seriously not good for your health to support this team.
    The foundation’s are there,the stadium is there ,the money was given to the manager.
    What a mess and a joke of a club ,I hope it’s relegated.

It's only 12 points between Arsenal and Watford. On current form top ten won't be possible, and from there, who knows? I can see Arsenal dropping points in every damn match going forward.

But it might not come to that if THIS happens:

Not seen it? But I heard one of the Everton players suffered a horror injury today? Send best wishes to him for his recovery!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Not seen it? But I heard one of the Everton players suffered a horror injury today? Send best wishes to him for his recovery!

It was a really, really bad injury. Can only hope he comes back playing as well as he's done for Everton. He's an important player for them.

It was a really, really bad injury. Can only hope he comes back playing as well as he's done for Everton. He's an important player for them.

Only saw a brief report on the sports news, Son looked distraught as did many other players?

Only saw a brief report on the sports news, Son looked distraught as did many other players?

They all looked distraught given the look of that injury. It brings up memories of previous football injuries. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns mentioned on the FPL thread that it reminded him of the Cissé injury.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Chelsea has 2 own-goals against Ajax tonight. Abraham and Kepa. Currently 1-3 at half-time.

EDIT: Ajax has had 2 red cards. Down to 9 men. Chelsea has just equalized, 4-4.

EDIT 2: Chelsea takes the lead! 5-4.

EDIT 3: VAR disallows the goal, back to 4-4.
    Chelsea has 2 own-goals against Ajax tonight. Abraham and Kepa. Currently 1-3 at half-time.

TWO red cards??
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

TWO red cards??

Two, both within 1 minute of each other.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sounds eventful, alas I don't have BT sport for the CL games, not too fussed as Man United wont be in the competition for some time

TWO red cards??

Two, both within 1 minute of each other.

Wow! That must be some kind of first, right?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Sounds eventful, alas I don't have BT sport for the CL games, not too fussed as Man United wont be in the competition for some time

=))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,376
    DCisared wrote: »

=))

Well its true, United are a joke right now
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    VAR should have been introduced along the lines of cricket or tennis where a team can challenge a ref's decision up to maybe twice in a match. Then it goes to VAR and VAR's decision is final. Otherwise no arguing with the ref, his decision is final.
    Instead they've gone the rugby route, which doesn't work so well in football.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Kepa - GK
    Zouma, James, Tomori, Emerson -DEF
    Kante, Willian (c), Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic - MF
    Abraham - FWD

Strong line up from Chelsea against Palace.
    :-bd
    Benny wrote: »
    Kepa - GK
    Zouma, James, Tomori, Emerson -DEF
    Kante, Willian (c), Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic - MF
    Abraham - FWD

Strong line up from Chelsea against Palace.
    :-bd

It certainly is!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Tammy Abraham gets the breakthrough for Chelsea. :-bd
    Benny wrote: »
    Tammy Abraham gets the breakthrough for Chelsea. :-bd

Good for my FPL team. Bad for Arsenal…

Time for the board to get to work. NOW.
    For once and only once I am glad for the international break!

You and me both, @RogueAgent! :-(

Honestly I can happily forget this entire week for a number of reasons! :)) X_X :-t

Honestly I can happily forget this entire week for a number of reasons! :)) X_X :-t

Had a bad week as well?
    Cheer up guys! Lets not make this into another "whining thread" ;)
    jobo wrote: »

It'll be difficult cheering up the way things are going…
    jobo wrote: »

Don't panic, we will bounce back! :-bd