"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Haha I love it x bloody Stoke !!

Fantastic news btw , Arsenal put a video on Twitter just now showing Bellerin and Tierney in full training today,and also Holding is back in the squad as well !!!

barryt007 wrote: »

Haha I love it x bloody Stoke !!

Fantastic news btw , Arsenal put a video on Twitter just now showing Bellerin and Tierney in full training today,and also Holding is back in the squad as well !!!

Brilliant! Wonder if any of them are fit enough to be in the starting eleven tonight?
    London has been pelted with storms and rain today,still going now,so I don't think he will risk them on a slippery pitch.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,335
    London has been pelted with storms and rain today,still going now,so I don't think he will risk them on a slippery pitch.

Yeah, that wouldn't be smart – unless they're very certain about their fitness. Expect we'll see several youngsters + Özil and some of the usual defenders. Something like this perhaps:

Martínez
    Chambers - Luiz/Sokratis - Mustafi - Tierney (if fit)
    Torreira - Willock
    Reiss Nelson - Özil - Smith Rowe
    Martinelli

Edit: Looks like I was close to spot on! Didn't know Holding was fit enough to start.

• edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Well Tierney and Holding plays which is a worry in these conditions and the match is delayed until 8pm due to travel probs for fans (which I had getting home from work as well !!!!!)
    Well Tierney and Holding plays which is a worry in these conditions and the match is delayed until 8pm due to travel probs for fans (which I had getting home from work as well !!!!!)

Fingers crossed they make it through the match without any issues!

Shame about the delay, but that happens.
    Waaaaaaaaa Rob Holding scores AND he is captain as well,thank God we have this boy he will go far !!
    Waaaaaaaaa Rob Holding scores AND he is captain as well,thank God we have this boy he will go far !!

Bellerín on to assist Wlliock's goal too! Almost a bit emotional seeing those two back on the pitch again! Arsenal are definitely much better with them (on the pitch and in the squad).

Edit: Nelson makes it four! Martinelli, Willock, Holding and Nelson with the goals; couldn't be better.
    Wow my night is complete .....

Captain Holding scores and Kieran plays,youngsters score again and Bellerin assists ,and it seems Callum has played a blinder again and I saw his assist as well his loan time at Fulham has changed him totally AND Martinelli’s second goal is a wonder strike ,bring on the kids !!!!!!

AND......Colchester knock out the Hotsperm on penalties 4-3 !!!

Oh happy days !!!!
    Wow my night is complete .....

Captain Holding scores and Kieran plays,youngsters score again and Bellerin assists ,and it seems Callum has played a blinder again !!!!!!

AND......Colchester knock out the Hotsperm on penalties 4-3 !!!

Oh happy days !!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

…and Martinelli makes it five! Yessssss!!!!
    Watch out Man Utd the Arsenal are coming next Monday ,and all our injured players are fit AND the academy kids are flying AND aubamayang AND Callum is flying AND we have Captain Holding !!!!

Sleep well...............
    Watch out Man Utd the Arsenal are coming next Monday ,and all our injured players are fit AND the academy kids are flying AND aubamayang AND Callum is flying AND we have Captain Holding !!!!

Don't…jinx… :-t

Oops......

Oops......

Better to be careful!
    ________

Great of the team having such a good game yesterday. Shame it ends with that. Congratulations, Liverpool.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Oops......

Better to be careful!
    ________

Great of the team having such a good game yesterday. Shame it ends with that. Congratulations, Liverpool.

Ouch! Our fixture in the next round not much better, though we did beat Chelsea in the a cup away recently
    Looks like further good news for us Gooners.
    It appears Pogba wont be used against us on Monday,another niggling injury apparantly,and Martial and Radford are definitely out.

Oops......

Better to be careful!
    ________

Ouch! Our fixture in the next round not much better, though we did beat Chelsea in the a cup away recently

Chelsea I think is still a bit "on" or "off" – meaning that they're capable of good performances, but can also do the complete opposite. It will be an open game I think.
    Looks like further good news for us Gooners.
    It appears Pogba wont be used against us on Monday,another niggling injury apparantly,and Martial and Radford are definitely out.

Apparently… Won't be surprised to see him all fit by Monday, scoring a brace to see United win the game. Arsenal will probably concede a penalty or two (again)…

Edit: hopefully Alan Davies is at work; maybe Arsenal can get something from the game, then :))

Hoping for a positive result tomorrow away at Crystal Palace for my Norwich boys. Would happily take a draw also! OTBC!!!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Hoping for a positive result tomorrow away at Crystal Palace for my Norwich boys. Would happily take a draw also! OTBC!!!!!!

Is Krul unavailable for the game?

Forest fans and Arsenal fans all happy tonight!

Is Krul unavailable for the game?

Forest fans and Arsenal fans all happy tonight!

Krul has got a knock. Can't believe our injury crisis!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Brighton 1-0 Spurs.
    Brighton 1-0 Spurs.

Graham Potter did incredible work at Östersund – well worth a read if you don't know the story. It will be very interesting to see what he can do with this Brighton side.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Brighton 2-0 Spurs.
    Brighton 2-0 Spurs.

What?!
    Brighton 3-0 Spurs.
    10254898.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

giphy.gif
    Nightmare day for my Norwich boys! :((

How's the injury situation at Norwich at the moment?

How's the injury situation at Norwich at the moment?

Not great my friend. I am hoping now we have another break, this will allow the health of the squad to quickly improve!!! Certainly a weekend to forget!!!