"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

They will finish above Arsenal, but I'm certainly going to enjoy this result until next weekend.

Sounds wrong but it'll take the pressure of mike cashley. Let's hope we all have a good season. winning and losing is part of the game. What happened to True Geordie and the kick off? lol.

Huge result for Newcastle for sure, but I recon the fans' opinion of Mike Ashley stays exactly the same.

Who's True Geordie?
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    edited August 2019 Posts: 222
    They will finish above Arsenal, but I'm certainly going to enjoy this result until next weekend.

Sounds wrong but it'll take the pressure of mike cashley. Let's hope we all have a good season. winning and losing is part of the game. What happened to True Geordie and the kick off? lol.

Huge result for Newcastle for sure, but I recon the fans' opinion of Mike Ashley stays exactly the same.

Who's True Geordie?

Google True Geordie - big youtuber whose career was based on commentating on watching Newcastle. He had over 1.5 million followers, gained sponsorship with Ladbrooks to make a weekly show and then lost it because of some revealed dodgy text messages. Hillarious actually.

Conspiracy is that he called out Mike Ashley one too many times and he had the messages hacked and revealed to destroy his channel.

So proud of the hard fought performance by my boys against Chelsea on Saturday. Shame we could not squeeze a point out of the match in the end. Gives me great heart though moving forward.

Expect Farke will ring the changes for tomorrow nights pointless cup match and rightly so.

Who's True Geordie?

Google True Geordie - big youtuber whose career was based on commentating on watching Newcastle. He had over 1.5 million followers, gained sponsorship with Ladbrooks to make a weekly show and then lost it because of some revealed dodgy text messages. Hillarious actually.

Conspiracy is that he called out Mike Ashley one too many times and he had the messages hacked and revealed to destroy his channel.

Thanks! Newcastle United is a source of plenty of content given the state of the club; not surprised to see someone hitting it big with Youtube content covering the club. AFTV is the same, I guess (not a fan myself, that's for sure).

Bad luck with the leaked messages though!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    So proud of the hard fought performance by my boys against Chelsea on Saturday. Shame we could not squeeze a point out of the match in the end. Gives me great heart though moving forward.

Expect Farke will ring the changes for tomorrow nights pointless cup match and rightly so.

It was a great game to watch. Norwich looked sharp going forward. They will need to defend a bit better going forward though. They have one or two defenders out with injuries still, haven't they?

Who's True Geordie?

Thanks! Newcastle United is a source of plenty of content given the state of the club; not surprised to see someone hitting it big with Youtube content covering the club. AFTV is the same, I guess (not a fan myself, that's for sure).

It was a great game to watch. Norwich looked sharp going forward. They will need to defend a bit better going forward though. They have one or two defenders out with injuries still, haven't they?

You called it bang on my friend, both 1st choice central defenders are recovering from injury.

Who's True Geordie?

You called it bang on my friend, both 1st choice central defenders are recovering from injury.

That will make a difference for sure. Any indication when they will be back?

Who's True Geordie?

This week if not next week.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,293

Who's True Geordie?

That's good! They have a run of nice fixtures after the City game: Burnley (A), Palace (A), Villa (H), Bournemouth (A). Potential wins all of these.

Who's True Geordie?

That's good! They have a run of nice fixtures after the City game: Burnley (A), Palace (A), Villa (H), Bournemouth (A). Potential wins all of these.

I would certainly take four victories on the bounce after playing Man City! :))

Who's True Geordie?

Who wouldn't!

Who's True Geordie?

Who wouldn't!

I see we are going out the cup tonight. Not too upset about it. It's all about the Premier League for me.

Who's True Geordie?

Who wouldn't!

I see we are going out the cup tonight. Not too upset about it. It's all about the Premier League for me.

Cup campaigns can be a double-edged sword. Progressing in cups is great, but it can also have a negative effect on the performances in the league.
    _________

Rosenborg played for CL group qualification tonight, but after losing 2-0 against Dinamo Zagreb away last week, the task wasn't a simple one. Rosenborg managed an early goal and had a free kick hit the post in the first half. The second half didn't see the same big chances, and when Dinamo scored the equalizer in the 71st minute, it wasn't to be. EL it is.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sanchez reportedly going to Inter Milan on loan tomorrow, suicide by United with our lack of forwards and Martial is injured. This season will be worse than last
    vzok wrote: »
    I’m sure Spurs haven’t bottled the PL after 3 games.

I didn't say they had.
    barryt007 wrote: »

I didn't say they had.
    No, I just meant that they had messed up the Newcastle match, but they have time ahead to avoid bottling it

I didn't say they had.
    No, I just meant that they had messed up the Newcastle match, but they have time ahead to avoid bottling it

Ah I see.
    Hopefully not next Sunday,as my team are playing them !!
    Wow! Lincoln City scores after 20 seconds against Everton!

Edit: 1-1 (36 mins).
    Good news about Bolton but a real shame about Bury. Such a sad reflection of what a lot of clubs face these days.
    Good news about Bolton but a real shame about Bury. Such a sad reflection of what a lot of clubs face these days.

A real shame. Were Bury even close to being saved?
    ________

1-2, Everton (pen).

Edit: 2-2! What a goal!

________

1-2, Everton (pen).

The current owner if that is the right thing to say considering the position the club is in? He is telling the EFL that he still has 2 interested buyers for the club, but it needs the EFL to reverse their decision and re-instate the club first?

________

1-2, Everton (pen).

The current owner if that is the right thing to say considering the position the club is in? He is telling the EFL that he still has 2 interested buyers for the club, but it needs the EFL to reverse their decision and re-instate the club first?

Is the EFL likely to go along with a reversal, you think? Haven't followed this story very closely.
    _______

2-3, Everton (Iwobi (so strange to see him in blue…))

Edit: 2-4 now.
    Draw in full

Wolves v Reading

Oxford United v West Ham

Watford v Swansea City

Brighton v Aston Villa

Sheffield United v Sunderland

Colchester United v Tottenham

Portsmouth v Southampton

Burton v Bournemouth

Preston v Manchester City

MK Dons v Liverpool

Manchester United v Rochdale

Luton v Leicester

Chelsea v Grimsby/Macclesfield

Sheffield Wednesday v Everton

Arsenal v Nottingham Forest

Crawley Town v Stoke City

Jenko to score the winner for Forest? It's bound to happen, isn't it!

Wouldn't surprise me. :-S

________

1-2, Everton (pen).

Is the EFL likely to go along with a reversal, you think? Haven't followed this story very closely.
    _______

Sadly game over for Bury now. Appears Bolton have been saved though!

________

1-2, Everton (pen).

_______

Good Bolton managed to be saved. Again, a real shame about Bury; hopefully we won't see something like that happen again anytime soon.

________

1-2, Everton (pen).

_______

Good Bolton managed to be saved. Again, a real shame about Bury; hopefully we won't see something like that happen again anytime soon.

Unfortunately I think we will,there are a lot of clubs teetering on the edge of going under.
    This is even more disgusting considering that greedy wan**r Sanchez is getting a subsidy of £8m in wages from Man Utd and the rest from Inter,for going on loan, when all Bury needed was £4m to totally survive.
    Last time we played the scum,my Arsenal/Hotsperm XI was this :

_104576730_spurs_arsexi.jpg

This time its this :

arsenal-tottenham-aug2019-xi-4d4cec95fd5670371130e1f0f5dbc82c.jpg

________

1-2, Everton (pen).

_______

Unfortunately I think we will,there are a lot of clubs teetering on the edge of going under.
    This is even more disgusting considering that greedy wan**r Sanchez is getting a subsidy of £8m in wages from Man Utd and the rest from Inter,for going on loan, when all Bury needed was £4m to totally survive.

People laugh at me every season about the cup competitions in this country as each season for a VERY long time, I say I am not bothered about them as it is all about the Premier League and the stupid amounts of money sloshing around in it.

For clubs like mine it is all about survival and existing still. Such a sad state of affairs.

Wouldn't surprise me. :-S

He's such an Arsenal fan though. Might miss on purpose!

________

1-2, Everton (pen).

_______

You might be right about this. Just goes to show the massive differences in football.

This time its this :

arsenal-tottenham-aug2019-xi-4d4cec95fd5670371130e1f0f5dbc82c.jpg

Here's mine:

arsenal-tottenham-aug2019-xi-4513ab4fc482014120ab91320261fb88.jpg

More Sp*rs than Arsenal (just), but that's just the way it is. Sp*rs' squad is better.