"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    We got Newcastle at home next weekend. Hopefully we will get our first points on the board?
    We got Newcastle at home next weekend. Hopefully we will get our first points on the board?

There are some interesting attacking players in that Newcastle squad, so it will be an interesting match for sure! Wouldn't be surprised to see Pukki score again!

I certainly hope so! Going to be a challenging season for us, but that is why you fight hard in the Championship to have that priviledge the following season.

Result aside, I think Norwich did alright going forward against Liverpool. Against weaker teams they will surely get results.

I think so, It's as always about taking those goal scoring opportunities whenever they present themselves. The fortunate thing is not all of our goals came from Pukki. They came from all over the team and squad. So that gives me great hope.

This season will be no different, I expect. Two home fixtures now, which will be an advantage (even though one of them is Chelsea).

Yep, Squeaky bum time already!!!! Lol!

Haha, a bit early for that, isn't it? :))

There are some interesting attacking players in that Newcastle squad, so it will be an interesting match for sure! Wouldn't be surprised to see Pukki score again!

I certainly hope so! Going to be a challenging season for us, but that is why you fight hard in the Championship to have that priviledge the following season.

Result aside, I think Norwich did alright going forward against Liverpool. Against weaker teams they will surely get results.

I think so, It's as always about taking those goal scoring opportunities whenever they present themselves. The fortunate thing is not all of our goals came from Pukki. They came from all over the team and squad. So that gives me great hope.

This season will be no different, I expect. Two home fixtures now, which will be an advantage (even though one of them is Chelsea).

Not when your a Norwich City fan! And with the level of banter at work! :))

Guess that's true – especially given the work banter!

Oh yes, their are roughly around a dozen different supports covering 2 or 3 divisions. It is a footballing madhouse, but its great fun.

Oh yes, their are roughly around a dozen different supports covering 2 or 3 divisions. It is a footballing madhouse, but its great fun.

I'm sure it is!
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    c27361d.jpg
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,267
    A very happy Adrián after saving the last penalty in the UEFA Super Cup.

Edit: But this though…

EB9jY_oWwAAGCK8.jpg
    So proud of the Norwich boys yesterday and the perfect response to our opening defeat against Liverpool the week before. A shame about the late Newcastle goal but for me as always was the performance from the boys.

Next up at home is Chelsea so an important win indeed! Well done boys! OTBC!!!!!
    So proud of the Norwich boys yesterday and the perfect response to our opening defeat against Liverpool the week before. A shame about the late Newcastle goal but for me as always was the performance from the boys.

Next up at home is Chelsea so an important win indeed! Well done boys! OTBC!!!!!

I wonder how many goals Pukki will get this season!

Well? Who can say? Against the big clubs it will be hard for opportunities and if you do get one? That is where and when you make it count. For me their are probably about 6 to 8 teams that you need to target must wins if not a draw. Then their is always games where you expect nothing but may fluke a result?

Like the Liverpool game, we need to just go out and do our thing against Chelsea, especially at home as the fans as always will be right behind them regardless. And seeing as they are clearly not up to speed yet? You never know?!!

Well? Who can say? Against the big clubs it will be hard for opportunities and if you do get one? That is where and when you make it count. For me their are probably about 6 to 8 teams that you need to target must wins if not a draw. Then their is always games where you expect nothing but may fluke a result?

Like the Liverpool game, we need to just go out and do our thing against Chelsea, especially at home as the fans as always will be right behind them regardless. And seeing as they are clearly not up to speed yet? You never know?!!

What I've seen of Norwich after two games is certainly promising; I think they might get a few surprise results this season, and I definitely expect them to get results against many of the teams – especially those that haven't had the best start. Playing at home against Chelsea is an advantage too.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 222
    Bugger. Who'd be a Geordie or a True Geordie? :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :))

What I've seen of Norwich after two games is certainly promising; I think they might get a few surprise results this season, and I definitely expect them to get results against many of the teams – especially those that haven't had the best start. Playing at home against Chelsea is an advantage too.

Yeah, I am hopeful for a draw? But who knows until the day.

The Norwich-Chelsea game definitely feels like a match that can go either way at this point. Sure hope it's on TV here!

The Norwich-Chelsea game definitely feels like a match that can go either way at this point. Sure hope it's on TV here!

Day off Saturday so I will certainly be keeping a close eye on it!
    This James kid for Man Utd is a bit of a cheat n a diver,we need to keep an eye on thiis little shit.

Day off Saturday so I will certainly be keeping a close eye on it!

A must watch!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This James kid for Man Utd is a bit of a cheat n a diver,we need to keep an eye on thiis little shit.

Not watching the game; how are the teams looking?
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2019 Posts: 10,512

You hold the record for biggest divers last season in the PL, so you might want to wind your neck in on that one.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A draw was probably a fair result in the end, though Ole needs to pick a first choice penalty taker. Half glass full United are a work in progress we played well in the first half, the number 10 position is a concern as Lingard is not the answer and his form is not great.

Wolves will take points of other top six sides this season at home
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Mark Lawrenson said he would struggle to get 10 in the Premiership. He has four after two games. God, Lawro is a joke sometimes.
    RC7 wrote: »

You hold the record for biggest divers last season in the PL, so you might want to wind your neck in on that one.

That's my decision......and.......no I wont wind my neck in,thanks for the suggestion though.
    RC7 wrote: »

That's my decision......and.......no I wont wind my neck in,thanks for the suggestion though.

Sp*rs had the same amount of bookings for diving last season. They weren't booked for even half the situations they did so, though.

Inconsistent refereeing in these situations is a topic on its own.
    _________

Also, here's a stat going back a few years (2011/12 -2016/17):

Referees obviously hated Sunderland as they were barely in the PL in those years
    NicNac wrote: »

Mark Lawrenson said he would struggle to get 10 in the Premiership. He has four after two games. God, Lawro is a joke sometimes.

He clearly pays no attention outside the Premier League.
    Yes,he is a diver,doing it all the time against Wolves last Monday :

_108398911_star.jpg
    4zGDNxdC_400x400.png

giphy.gif
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Tottenham ,Tottenham ,no one can stop them....apart from Newcastle at your stadium you still don’t own: SERIAL BOTTLERS and congratulations and thanks to the Geordies !!!
    I’m sure Spurs haven’t bottled the PL after 3 games.
    They will finish above Arsenal, but I'm certainly going to enjoy this result until next weekend.
    They will finish above Arsenal, but I'm certainly going to enjoy this result until next weekend.

Sounds wrong but it'll take the pressure of mike cashley. Let's hope we all have a good season. winning and losing is part of the game. What happened to True Geordie and the kick off? lol.