No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• talos7 wrote: »

So in 1967 how many spacecraft could snatch other spacecraft from orbit,
    In 1979 how many immense space stations, with artificial gravity, were there?

The science in Bond films has frequently been one step ahead.
    Well tbh they haven't made Bond movies of that ilk in decades. Even the "Icarus" machine in DAD was tame compared to that...

@ColonelSun ah yes. I have seen vertigo. It’s North by Northwest I haven’t seen the conclusion of. Though I have watched the crop dusting scene countless times.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Bond 25 filming will take place at Dalí Universe - Dalí a Matera on August 21, August 29 and September 17, 2019.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »

Well tbh they haven't made Bond movies of that ilk in decades. Even the "Icarus" machine in DAD was tame compared to that...

In the broader scope every Bond film has technology that is some point beyond where it actually is at the present time.
    TR007 wrote: »
    I would be super surprised if Bond 25 dealt with cloning. My understanding of a genetic warfare threat would be something like an airborne virus or something along those lines rather than cloning.

The two additional elements that prompted the clone theory were the casting of the young actress who looks like Lea and the fact that she’s wearing contemporary clothing during the frozen lake sequence which was initially thought to be a flashback.

So what she's wearing cannot have been worn 20 odd years ago?

But why oh why would the villain clone Madeleine, of all people?

Ludovico wrote: »
    I would be super surprised if Bond 25 dealt with cloning. My understanding of a genetic warfare threat would be something like an airborne virus or something along those lines rather than cloning.

The two additional elements that prompted the clone theory were the casting of the young actress who looks like Lea and the fact that she’s wearing contemporary clothing during the frozen lake sequence which was initially thought to be a flashback.

Someone here identified it as a coat that is being sold in stores today.
    Her father was involved with SPECTRE ; she may have been a convenient source of DNA for experiments and testing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Bond 25 filming will take place at Dalí Universe - Dalí a Matera on August 21, August 29 and September 17, 2019.

Very cool.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    I really don't understand how a lot of fans are digging this idea of cloning one of the Bond girls.

It reeks of the silly science of DAD no matter how much some try to convince me this is a very feasible thing.

Is cloning "dangerous new technology that the world has never seen"?

For all we know it could be technology that changes people's faces. Imagine that the guy in Norway was actually meant (or was) to be Malek?

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Her father was involved with SPECTRE ; she may have been a convenient source of DNA for experiments and testing.
    I don't think they would care that much. Actors wear modern clothes even in period dramas sometimes.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,161

In the broader scope every Bond film has technology that is some point beyond where it actually is at the present time.
    The good old days took way better advantage of new prototype tech.
    I miss the days of Little Nellie, the jetpack from TB, the tiny jet from OP, the Q-boat from TWINE etc... those were some of the highlights for me.
    This Q-department we have now, it's all watches and Aston Martins...
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'm really excited by Matera as a location, it looks amazing. There's something so classic about that, it just says Bond. I'm sure they'll utilize the landscape in the film
    Walecs wrote: »

I don't think they would care that much. Actors wear modern clothes even in period dramas sometimes.

Possibly, but more often than not they seek out authentic, vintage attire; for something this limited in scope, finding era appropriate clothing would not be hard.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Zekidk wrote: »

The good old days took way better advantage of new prototype tech.
    I miss the days of Little Nellie, the jetpack from TB, the tiny jet from OP, the Q-boat from TWINE etc... those were some of the highlights for me.
    This Q-department we have now, it's all watches and Aston Martins...

I miss those days too.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    The girl could wear the coat between takes, because it was, let's say, rather cold, while she had a vintage sweater under it.
    Based off the hints and rumours, here's my hot take:
    All the Time in the World is a boring, lackluster, mediocre, tepid title and the people at EON know it. They will name Bond 25 "BOOM SHOT DIS" before they name it All the Time in the World.
    The girl could wear the coat between takes, because it was, let's say, rather cold, while she had a vintage sweater under it.

Which puts the possibility of a flashback in play.

I don't think so. They might just close the street for access.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    lea seydoux was on french radio last week and didn't say much about bond except she was happy to back and that it was a different kind of atmosphere filming this one so it sounds like she has started filming.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Station_Z wrote: »

I don't think so. They might just close the street for access.

Its at the Bottom of their Website. The Museeum will be closed on those 3 days.
    I will probably be there on the 17.09, so i hope Craig will be there, and outside. We'll see.
  • "All The Time In The World" sounds too straightforward as a Bond title for me.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited August 2019 Posts: 467
    And how would they name the song this time? "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I really dislike All The Time In The World as a title, though others here love it.
    I'm hope for a short, stronger title. One without "genome" in it. We shall see.

I do think we may come back here later and chuckle over our speculation. As for cloning, which I'm still skipping over mostly, it would need to be done as a threat to the world - so genetic warfare, genetic criminal enterprise that would involve deception concerning world leaders, something like that. It has to be huge, a global threat. With Bond's personal life touched by it, too, of course.

With Cary and Linus, I think the far majority of us are happy and are expecting a visually exciting, beautiful film. With other comments I keep reading that EON and Craig and others are happy with the writing, including Phoebe's contribution - that is a real positive. The story matters so much. It can't be too much one way or the other; it needs balance. Again, that is where I count on Cary as a good storyteller to steer this. If he's happy with the script (not read any direct quotes on that), just surmising, then I'm reassured.
    Where is this ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD rumor coming from?

I was under the impression it was going to be the astonishingly bad title
    GENOME WOMAN or whatever.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Where is this ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD rumor coming from?

I was under the impression it was going to be the astonishingly bad title
    GENOME WOMAN or whatever.

It is not a rumor, just speculation or fan wishes that every x months are brought back to the boards. The astonishingly bad title, unfortunately, seems more plausible, since at least comes from a kind of insider.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Based off the hints and rumours, here's my hot take:
    All the Time in the World is a boring, lackluster, mediocre, tepid title and the people at EON know it. They will name Bond 25 "BOOM SHOT DIS" before they name it All the Time in the World.
    +1. I'm getting rather sick of Pierce2Daniel's suggestions, but alas he sounds very self-confident.
    And how would they name the song this time? "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"?
    Brilliant! :))
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    I just want an uptempo song. Since the Craig era, we had two uptempo songs for CR and QOS, then two slow ones for SF and SP, so now we need to get back to the tempo. Ed Sheeran is just not going to deliver that. Sting might.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Based on recent rumors, we could just call it Agent Under Fire.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I was just thinking the same thing @Minion haha :D
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing @Minion haha :D
    Great minds, @Denbigh. Great minds. ;)