The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ChulaChula New York
    mattjoes wrote: »
    McQueen is the first one, Craig is the second one.
    Wrong. It was a trick question...they're both Steve McQueen.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    McQueen is bad ass #1. Craig is bad ass #2.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Chula wrote: »
    One million dollars to anybody who can tell which is McQueen and which is Craig:

img_7326.jpg

bba4673baef4e045af583e0795bf2dac.jpg

I prefer cash.

"Spend the money quickly Mr. Joes"
    Bond-HP-GQ_16Feb15_b.jpg
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    00Agent wrote: »
    Chula wrote: »
    One million dollars to anybody who can tell which is McQueen and which is Craig:

img_7326.jpg

bba4673baef4e045af583e0795bf2dac.jpg

I prefer cash.

"Spend the money quickly Mr. Joes"
    Bond-HP-GQ_16Feb15_b.jpg

I intended to... Double-Oh Agent.

Octopussy-214.jpg

But I didn't get it.

Octopussy-204.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    You might have not gotten any money out of it but now you know who you can (and cannot) trust. And I think that's more important than money.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    00Agent wrote: »
    You might have not gotten any money out of it but now you know who you can (and cannot) trust. And I think that's more important than money.

Good point. Then I've learnt my lesson.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First trailer for Knives Out expected to drop online in the coming days.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Trailer for Knives Out coming tomorrow, at 9am Pacific Time (basically 25 hours from now).
  • tqbtqb
    Coming out tomorrow now
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Curious to see this trailer tomorrow?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Curious to see this trailer tomorrow?

I am excited about it. Yes.

036adgdqnw731.jpg

036adgdqnw731.jpg

I will be there opening night.
    @TripAces Daniel Craig and Chris Evans are the standouts from that trailer. Craig once again killing it with a hilarious accent and Evans going all-out with the expletives is the combo I never knew I needed.

----

The poster:

ai1959xxzw731.jpg
    Probably going to skip a theater trip on that one. Might be okay but I'm not sold, despite the great cast.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Daniel Craig's accent is surprisingly good.....but how did they manage to make Ana De Armas look frumpy?! RUIN Johnson at it again!!! (I joke, i actually loved Luke's development in Last Jedi. Loved it, in fact.) But the De Armas point stands, i mean.....COME ON!

ana-de-armas-8k-5k-2560x1440.jpg

All in all, this isn't quite as good as i was hoping. Looks a bit turd. Great photography though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ruin Johnson appears to be attempting to be going for a Clue vibe with Knives Out, I will watch it for the cast and I like murder mysteries. Though first impressions it looks a bit naff as some of the jokes (assuming they were jokes) fell a bit flat, though they may work better in the context of the film.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F06%2Fko_d25_09844_r.jpg&w=1050&c=sc&poi=face&q=85
    @TripAces Daniel Craig and Chris Evans are the standouts from that trailer. Craig once again killing it with a hilarious accent and Evans going all-out with the expletives is the combo I never knew I needed.

----

The poster:

ai1959xxzw731.jpg

Doesn't get much more 70's looking than that – and I love it!
    The return of great posters. Now if Bond 25 would jump on that train ;)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Loved it, watched the trailer 3 times, I hate SPECTRE but I don't go around saying I'll boycott all of Mendes films in the future or badmouth him severely or deny his ability to be a great director.

Yet the butt hurt Star Wars fan boys are out in full force Ruin Johnson (grow up FFS). I do hope those on this forum that have referred to him as that are joking it would be like us calling SM Shi*t Mendes, I think we are all above that I hope.

This looks a lot of fun and someone who grew up on this genre and Agatha Christie film and TV coupled with that 70's flavoured poster, this looks a treat.

Not getting the criticism, the cast is amazing, Evans looks good fun and Dan looks like he's having a ball with another accent like he so deftly did with Logan Lucky.

Yep count me in big time for this one, after Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and The Irishman, my most awaited film of 2019.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Loved it, watched the trailer 3 times, I hate SPECTRE but I don't go around saying I'll boycott all of Mendes films in the future or badmouth him severely or deny his ability to be a great director.

Yet the butt hurt Star Wars fan boys are out in full force Ruin Johnson (grow up FFS). I do hope those on this forum that have referred to him as that are joking it would be like us calling SM Shi*t Mendes, I think we are all above that I hope.

This looks a lot of fun and someone who grew up on this genre and Agatha Christie film and TV coupled with that 70's flavoured poster, this looks a treat.

Not getting the criticism, the cast is amazing, Evans looks good fun and Dan looks like he's having a ball with another accent like he so deftly did with Logan Lucky.

Yep count me in big time for this one, after Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and The Irishman, my most awaited film of 2019.

+1(000)

PS: +1(000)s are getting a habit with you, @Shardlake.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,270
    I hope this film can bring a similar feel like the 70's/80's crime/mystery comedies - such as Silver Streak, High Anxiety, Foul Play, Clue, Murder by Death, Fletch and Fletch Lives. Love this type of films.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Knives-Out-movie-2019.jpg
  • After the news today about DC's Bond sendoff of retirement of some sorts....I just want to say thanks to all of you who criticized me years ago for suggesting the death/ retirement of Bond. @Germanlady, @jobo (and kinda Creasy too).....wow, think outside the box and maybe you guys can open up your minds instead of singling out users for their contributions. This is why they're looking for new writers all the time, because of stale formulaic ideas that drove the series to the ground before.

Germanlady wrote: »
    jobo wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Don't you see? He is just winding people up. He is probably a mod or Admin over at CNB and trying to recruit people from other boards. ;)

Now that's an interesting theory…. ;)

Yes, I know he is not really worth responding to, but I just can't help myself sometimes... When his comments are not only provocative but also completely devoid off any logic or rational, it's too tempting not to point it out. But hopefully it will be a very long time until next irresistible temptation...

It will get worse again when the time nears, but who cares really? Let him...its the dog peeing at the tree. What does the tree care?

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Awesome poster even though trailer looked a bit cliched. I am still going to watch it . Murder mysteries are always welcome :D
  • Hoping DC will direct a future Bond movie too.
    Hoping DC will direct a future Bond movie too.

I don't think he'll do that; but I do think it possible that he'll continue exec producing.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    TripAces wrote: »
    Hoping DC will direct a future Bond movie too.

I don't think he'll do that; but I do think it possible that he'll continue exec producing.

He doesn't have a track record of it and has never shown any interest in it, I could see him setting up his own film studio like quite a few actors do, in order to give smaller projects a chance he's passionate about.

I think he'll disappear back into character work and maybe pop up here and there in the odd tent pole feature possibly if the role takes his fancy.

I really don't see him playing the action hero after he's finished with Bond.