Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Looks fun.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2022 Posts: 4,437
    From 18 December 2021 till 25 January 2022 Dutch cinema's be closed, but on 26 January 2002 there re open. For visiting the cinema you still need QR code (In your phone or on paper) that proofs you get your 2 injections (1 in case of Janssen).

Finaly some movies get release (Like The Matrix 4) or contuned there release (Like that Spider-Man movie). No Time To Die also stil avaible, the movie wil be released soon on DVD, BD and 4KBD.

Released on 26 Jan 2022:

The Matrix Resurrections (Delayd from: 23 December 2021)
    The King's Man (Delayed first from 22 December 2021 till 05 January 2022)
    Licorice Pizza (Delayed first from 13 till 20 January 2022)
    Sing 2 (Universal delayed movie a whyle go to 26th, so no new delay)

Released on 27 January 2022:

Nightmare Alley (Delayed from 20 January 2022). Note: This movie is 16+ (R-Rated)

Movies that wil be released in February 2022:
    03. King Richard
    03. Scream 5 (16+)
    09. Death on the Nile
    10. The Card Counter (16+)
    16. Clifford the Big Red Dog

24. Blacklight (16+)

24. The Duke

Also The Godfather (16+) wil get re-release on 24 February 2022.

Delayd:

Operation Mincemeat. 21 April 2022 (Delayed earlier by studio from 13 January 2022)
    Morbius. 07 April 2022 (Delayed earlier by studio earlier from 27 January 2022)
    ''355''. First delayed till 6 January till 17 February 2022 and now new release date is 10 March 2022.
    Uncharted. 17 March 2022 (Delayed from 10 February 2022)

Moonfall. 24 March 2022 (Delayed from 03 February 2022)
    Out next week : He does good... badly !

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Coming to a Netflix near you...

The breaking of the fourth wall is a bit much, only Knives Out 2 interests me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    YouTube is even worse with these fake labeled trailers now that they've removed the dislike bar.

Go to 2:33 for the little footage from the film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    YouTube is even worse with these fake labeled trailers now that they've removed the dislike bar.

Go to 2:33 for the little footage from the film.

Yeah false advertising I suspected they would leave Knives Out till last it's the only title I have heard of. Good to see DC though post Bond, looking forward to film I liked the first one.
    Same here, I'm looking forward to these next two installments and seeing what else he'll get into post-Bond.
    Same here, I'm looking forward to these next two installments and seeing what else he'll get into post-Bond.

Is there a third Knives Out film lined up? Watching the Netflix trailer again, it really does appear cheap. Admittedly not had Netflix for 6 months and they are hiking up there prices again or have done.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2022 Posts: 5,869
    Knives Out was so perfectly timed for Craig.

And yes @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, the deal with Netflix was for two films (so far).

Is there a third Knives Out film lined up? Watching the Netflix trailer again, it really does appear cheap. Admittedly not had Netflix for 6 months and they are hiking up there prices again or have done.

Yes, they've already confirmed the next two filming and being distributed via Netflix.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Does this trailer imply Knives Out 2 will be the final title of the film, or is it still subject to change?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Does this trailer imply Knives Out 2 will be the final title of the film, or is it still subject to change?

It's still subject to change, for sure, considering it doesn't even have a proper release date set yet. This is just Netflix's way of showcasing all their bigger titles coming throughout 2022.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

So it seems not only are they borrowing jokes from James Bond, it seems they're now stealing a whole bit from Captain Marvel?
    No surprise that a film that spent this long in pre-production hell and still missed the mark on what fans were after is chock full of unoriginality too.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Denbigh wrote: »

So it seems not only are they borrowing jokes from James Bond, it seems they're now stealing a whole bit from Captain Marvel?

And Pirates of the Caribbean
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

And the entire plot involving pirates is taken from Uncharted 4, which is Drake's final adventure... and they're using it for his first? I know I'm going in on this film but as a fan of the games, it had so much potential, and I personally think they've gone in the wrong direction.
    It's just stunning to me that the games are essentially like big budget action films already, the entire blueprint to copy and follow is right there and they still bungled it, based on these trailers.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It's just stunning to me that the games are essentially like big budget action films already, the entire blueprint to copy and follow is right there and they still bungled it, based on these trailers.
    +1

Alicia Vikander's Tomb Raider managed to do it. I know that film didn't blow up and wasn't massively successful, but I personally think it's one of the better video game adaptations. And its getting a sequel.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I tried to watch that Tomb Raider again recently and it's just no fun. There's a spark lacking.
    This Uncharted looks okay to me, not amazing but fine. I'm not totally sold on their Drake, but maybe if they'd have cast someone more like the game in a movie the debt it owes to Indiana Jones might have been more obvious.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'm still awaiting, although will never happen, a film adaptation of Bioshock
    mtm wrote: »
    I tried to watch that Tomb Raider again recently and it's just no fun. There's a spark lacking.
    This Uncharted looks okay to me, not amazing but fine. I'm not totally sold on their Drake, but maybe if they'd have cast someone more like the game in a movie the debt it owes to Indiana Jones might have been more obvious.

I'm not even a big fan of the guy but I remember years and years ago when Wahlberg was set to play Nathan with Robert de Niro playing Sully. That would've been way better than whatever this is.

Then again, I don't like Holland at all and find him to be a charismatic black hole, so even if he was the right age to play Nathan here and was a bit more grizzled, I'd still probably loathe the casting decision.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I'm not even a big fan of the guy but I remember years and years ago when Wahlberg was set to play Nathan with Robert de Niro playing Sully. That would've been way better than whatever this is.

Yeah I can see that working. I'd quite like Bruce Willis for Sully.

Yeah I can see that working. I'd quite like Bruce Willis for Sully.

Only if he's got some investment beyond the fat paycheck. I watched Armageddon for the first time the other day and while it was ludicrous garbage, it was amazing seeing him actually seem interested in the role he was playing. I miss those days.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes it is odd. I'd like to see him get hired for a proper film again and see if he turns up.

And the entire plot involving pirates is taken from Uncharted 4, which is Drake's final adventure... and they're using it for his first? I know I'm going in on this film but as a fan of the games, it had so much potential, and I personally think they've gone in the wrong direction.

I’m a HUGE fan of the games and have no interest in watching this.I like Tom Holland but he’s completely miscast as Drake.He’s too young.Drake should be played by a guy in his early to mid thirties at least.As for Wahlberg as Sully...WTF? Have the filmmakers ever actually played the games?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

And this, right here, is why I don't see the point in a Uncharted film. That said... this did put a big smile on my face the first time I watched it...

Touches like how Nate jumps through the window, and gets to his feet as the camera pans around him, show real deference to the style of the games.
    I've not seen that in full but it's quite telling when a fan film gets these little details and the general heart of the series way more accurately and faithfully than a big budget film does.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Coming to a Netflix near you...

The breaking of the fourth wall is a bit much, only Knives Out 2 interests me.
    Oh yeah forgot to say, I'm really intrigued by The Gray Man.

the-gray-man-prague-ryan-gosling-netflix-1640x872.jpg