Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,271
    Wrong thread
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I am really looking forward to this! Looks awesome; I got serious Conan the Barbarian vibes!
    FoxRox wrote: »

I am really looking forward to this! Looks awesome; I got serious Conan the Barbarian vibes!

Me too, it looks visually stunning and the action and chaos will be incredibly extreme. I've been waiting a good while to get a look at this footage!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Hell yes! I love Robert Eggers so much :D
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Death on the Nile
    Death on the Nile

I thought that movie was considered unreleasable given that it stars Armie “ The cannibal “ Hammer!

AstonLotus wrote: »
    Death on the Nile

I thought that movie was considered unreleasable given that it stars Armie “ The cannibal “ Hammer!

The trailer I saw attached to NTTD seemed to avoid as much screentime with him as it possibly could.
    Death on the Nile

The trailer I saw attached to NTTD seemed to avoid as much screentime with him as it possibly could.

If Armie Hammer is playing the Simon MacCorkindale (from the Ustinov version) character they are really stuck.

Edited: Just checked IMDB yep Armie is playing lead character Simon Doyle.

To be honest I have not read much about the controversy.
    Death on the Nile

If Armie Hammer is playing the Simon MacCorkindale (from the Ustinov version) character they are really stuck.

It doesn't say much but Deadline seemed to notice his shrinking presence in the marketing too:

https://deadline.com/video/death-on-the-nile-trailer-armie-hammer-kennth-branagh/

It seems that won't matter much, though, if he is indeed playing the main character.
    Death on the Nile

It doesn't say much but Deadline seemed to notice his shrinking presence in the marketing too:

https://deadline.com/video/death-on-the-nile-trailer-armie-hammer-kennth-branagh/

It seems that won't matter much, though, if he is indeed playing the main character.

I just watched a news report crikey.

Regarding the film they may change aspects of the plot to get around it, the last Brannagh Poirot film they changed a few things. Simon Doyle gets a lot of screen time in previous versions of the novel, will be difficult to reduce his screen time.

---

I have just thought of a genius way to get around it, though I don't know how far along the filming was when the scandal hit.

Major plot spoiler, if you are familiar with the story this is a way round it...
    They could swap Hammer and Gadot around, so instead of Gadot's character dying, its her husband Hammer that dies instead.
    Double post
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Death on the Nile

Never heard of this. Is he really a cannibal?
    Red Quill or Blue Quill?

edited December 2021 Posts: 40,459

The only reasoning for this I can imagine is either reshoots or COVID fears. Regardless, that’s a long delay for a film that’s seemingly done filming.

EDIT: Deadline seems to think the film wanted to avoid clashing with the new Top Gun while also allowing for more time in post-production. 10 more months, though? Seems extreme. Regardless, I’m sure it will rock.

The only reasoning for this I can imagine is either reshoots or COVID fears. Regardless, that’s a long delay for a film that’s seemingly done filming.

EDIT: Deadline seems to think the film wanted to avoid clashing with the new Top Gun while also allowing for more time in post-production. 10 more months, though? Seems extreme. Regardless, I’m sure it will rock.

I recall at one point JW4 and Matrix 4 were due out close to each other if I am not mistaken. I was surprised to see the 2023 release for JW4.
    Death on the Nile

There have been several allegations from women who say he raped them as well as accusations that he was into cannibalism.More than one of his exes claim that he fantasised about biting off body parts and “ eating hearts “ 😳

I recall at one point JW4 and Matrix 4 were due out close to each other if I am not mistaken. I was surprised to see the 2023 release for JW4.

They were originally set to release on May 21st of this year. If only.

I have been holding off buying the John Wick films on 4K as waiting for hopefully a great boxset after part 4 (though unsure if it will be the last?)

I have been holding off buying the John Wick films on 4K as waiting for hopefully a great boxset after part 4 (though unsure if it will be the last?)

They have a Chapter 5 lined up currently.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,620
    A late Christmas present for me!!!!!:D

For one night only (Sunday, January 30th), there will be a 60-minute version of Peter Jackson's "The Beatles: Get Back". It will consist primarily of the rooftop concert and be followed by a Q&A with Jackson. Screenings (minus the Q&A) will be held in mid-February.
    https://hypebeast.com/2022/1/the-beatles-get-back-rooftop-concert-imax-theaters

I'm somewhat surprised, but my screening is almost sold-out, despite the fact that this was just announced several hours ago.
    7fb2b936-d92f-4c30-a7a8-f264cb3fff85.jpeg?width=780&height=520&rect=1314x876&offset=6x0

I can hardly wait!!!!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2022 Posts: 7,526
    Death on the Nile

There have been several allegations from women who say he raped them as well as accusations that he was into cannibalism.More than one of his exes claim that he fantasised about biting off body parts and “ eating hearts “ 😳

Is fantasizing about cannibalism cannibalism? Seems like thought police to me ;)

That first bit is obviously not good.
    Gerard wrote: »

Looks great. @talos7 , you should bring your daughter and check this out.