Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    There's a new James Bond movie coming out tomorrow!

Pics or it didn't happen
  • mattjoes wrote: »
    There's a new James Bond movie coming out tomorrow!

Pics or it didn't happen

Well, I've been saying that for the past two years, and the universe has repeatedly proven me right...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 5,802

Probably on streaming only. Too bad for the kids whose parents don't have Disney+
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2021 Posts: 4,437
    My overall favorite Fleming titles:

1. Operation Ruthless (Operation Ruthless: Save Our Souls)
    2. Risico
    3. Property Of A Lady
    4. Bird with a wings down
    5. Hildebrand Rarity
    6. The Man Who Never Was (alternate title of Operation Mincemat)
    7. Shaken Not Stirred
    8. 007 In New York
    9. Never Send Flowers
    10. Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    11. Operation Mincemeat

And now there wil be new Operation Mincemeat movie released in 2022. The above list how it was/be as title sugestions for Bond 25/Bond movie. Like Operation Ruthless (Bruce Feirstein used as inspiration for Tomorrow Never Dies), Operation Mincemeat was idea from Ian Fleming that sort of Saltzman, Cuby and writer/directer used for You Only Live Twice (movie). In the movie Bond faking his death and there trow him in the sea (in Mincemeat there already death body trow in the sea). I at title as 11th because it sound in Dutch like ''Operatie Muismat'' (Mousepad) . Litle bit inspiration from that translation i use for qoute on Operation Ruthless poster because it be inline with that (Mail/letter, Mouse).

Ian Fleming ''possible'' get his inspiration for M and Moneypenny from those Operations.

Mincemeat doc:
    Warner can consider to at this documentry on feature BD of this new 2022 movie...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1879016/

Starring: Colin Firth, Jason Isaacs, Paul Ritter (QOS), Johnny Flynn (Who play Fleming), Kelly Macdonald as Jean Leslie (Give me Moneypenny vibes) and Simon Russell Beale (Was he not ask first for part of Kinkade in Skyfall ?)

And movie is directed by the directer i sugest for Bond 25 & Bond 26, John Madden. Music by Thomas Newman (Skyfall, Spectre).
    Can't wait to see Operacional Mincemeat, @M_Balje.

Does anyone else think Johnny Flynn makes a great Fleming?
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I've seen Flynn in a few things, and he's always good. Bit of a surprise as he started out as a singer.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2021 Posts: 23,267
    Resident Evil
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Resident Evil

The fella playing Chris looks the part, I can't say the same for the rest.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Resident Evil

I am a fan of the Milla Jovovich films, I am only a casual player of the games so not that clued up on characters. I will give the new film a go.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll check it out eventually but that CGI is laughably poor and a lot of those characters look like cosplayers instead of actors suited for the role. It's insane to me how they opted to return to adapting this series so soon after Anderson's films ended, only to bungle it this badly.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Resident Evil

I am a fan of the Milla Jovovich films, I am only a casual player of the games so not that clued up on characters. I will give the new film a go.

Even as a fan of the games, I liked the Milla Jovovich films. I'm partial to some Milla Jovovich. But if there was one thing from the games, that those films got right, was Jill Valentine. Sienna Guillory, in both films, was exactly how a live action Jill should look. I know that a lot of fans complain about the films, i've done it myself, but they transported Jill from the small screen to the big screen perfectly.

What I have seen and heard of Welcome To Racoon City, my expectations are set low. I do not think this will lead to a new series. It'll be one and done.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    As I settled in for my viewing of NTTD yesterday at the Alamo Drafthouse, this really brought a smile to my face……

….in fact, I haven’t stopped smiling 😊
    PS. Take notes EON (for next October).
    I was going to see NTTD at my local Alamo, @Dwayne, but I’ve grown tired of being interrupted by employees during the film. I do miss those pre-show clips and interviews, though.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,619
    @Creasy47. Yeah, the pre-movie clips were a BIG reason to see NTTD there. Yesterday, they showed various clips from Bond spoofs from around the world, and even had an Alamo produced "Top 7 007 gadgets" featurette.

At my screening, there were few interruptions since I order both my ticket and my food in advance.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    @Creasy47. Yeah, the pre-movie clips were a BIG reason to see NTTD there. Yesterday, they showed various clips from Bond spoofs from around the world, and even had an Alamo produced "Top 7 007 gadgets" featurette.

At my screening, there were few interruptions since I order both my ticket and my food in advance.

That’s how it was when I saw SF and SP at mine. I just didn’t feel like making the trip this time, especially with no COVID restrictions in place.

And I’ve always tried to do the same but it doesn’t stop them from attending to others throughout a majority of the showing and inevitably bringing me the check, asking if I want anything else, having to pay, sign, etc. It’s more than I want to deal with during my first viewing of something I’m that excited for.
    Resident Evil

Even as a fan of the games, I liked the Milla Jovovich films. I'm partial to some Milla Jovovich. But if there was one thing from the games, that those films got right, was Jill Valentine. Sienna Guillory, in both films, was exactly how a live action Jill should look. I know that a lot of fans complain about the films, i've done it myself, but they transported Jill from the small screen to the big screen perfectly.

What I have seen and heard of Welcome To Racoon City, my expectations are set low. I do not think this will lead to a new series. It'll be one and done.

Sienna Guillory was great in part 2 as Jill when I saw the third film I was disappointed Sienna did not return, her eventual return was alas short and much preferred her original look and hair etc.

I finally bought all the Milla films on bluray last year or was it the year before still not done a full rewatch in that format, I will have to make time for it before I see the new release.
    Resident Evil

Sienna Guillory was great in part 2 as Jill when I saw the third film I was disappointed Sienna did not return, her eventual return was alas short and much preferred her original look and hair etc.

I finally bought all the Milla films on bluray last year or was it the year before still not done a full rewatch in that format, I will have to make time for it before I see the new release.

Apocalypse was my favorite of the series. I loved Jill in that so much, shame they wasted her after that and turned her into a villain for a while.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Resident Evil

Apocalypse was my favorite of the series. I loved Jill in that so much, shame they wasted her after that and turned her into a villain for a while.

I enjoyed the first three movies and continued along for the ride with the others. The Final Chapter was a decent ending relative to the two films that proceeded it.

Sienna looked badass in part 2 as Jill, I believe in her costume from the Game Series?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Resident Evil

I enjoyed the first three movies and continued along for the ride with the others. The Final Chapter was a decent ending relative to the two films that proceeded it.

Sienna looked badass in part 2 as Jill, I believe in her costume from the Game Series?

Same, though I did love Afterlife and thought the 3D in theaters was utilized pretty well. It was a lot of fun.

It was. In Apocalypse, Jill is shown in her Resident Evil 3 costume.

w9anzzhs1ku51.jpg?width=580&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=07dacf352d59101e3cf715e0079ed04aae41595e
    ed2c5fc576271c69f0b321cbb64180ea.jpg

Sans jumper, but still pretty damn close. Then in Afterlife and Retribution, she is shown in her Resident Evil 5 look:

jill-valentine-enemy.png

c0db8b33608d1d0114e02da9bb29e4b1.png

And though it is true that Jill was turned into a villain, that too is at least in line with the games. In RE5, those events happened to Jill. If I remember right, Jill and Chris are fighting Wesker, and they aren't doing too good. Wesker was about to kill Chris, when Jill launches herself at Wesker, taking Wesker and herself through a window and down into the ocean. Chris searches for Jill without any luck. Both Jill and Wesker survived with Jill being help captive by Umbrella. Her change of appearance was because she had been injected by either the T-Virus, or a variant (I don't remember which, I never liked RE5 - too much emphasis on action), with the scarab on her chest controlling her mind. The virus failed to turn her into a monster, but it did lighten her skin pigmentation, and turn her hair from brunette to blonde. If that wasn't enough, to make us feel even worse for Jill, all of the bad shit that Umbrella made Jill do, she was aware of all the time, but couldn't break free of their control. At least not until later RE5 where she is forced to fight Chris, he gets the upper hand, and manages to pull the scarab off her. To paraphrase events of RE5.

Jill has always been my favourite RE character, and I am happy that we are getting another RE film with Jill, so I will give Hannah John Kamen a chance, but those are large boots to fill left by Sienna.
    :x Jill Valentine

Interesting regarding second costume, so there is still some continuity in the films from the games, I like that.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    One month, my fellow Aussie Bond fans.
    :x Jill Valentine

Interesting regarding second costume, so there is still some continuity in the films from the games, I like that.

When it came to Jill, the films were surprisingly faithful, given how little else in the films bares a resemblance to the games. Even the little detail of the newspaper clipping on Jill's wall about her suspension.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Big fan of the Scream films so I am in.

Wes Craven's absence was apparent in this trailer though.
    Can't wait to see this, it looks quite good. After seeing that trailer, though, I have a worrisome theory:
    Dewey is going to bite the dust. He's picking up Randy's "rules to survive a horror movie" dialogue and we know how that turned out for him. It's been a long time since this series had a big, emotional death attached to it like Randy's. Dewey has escaped near death one too many times.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà

Have you seen this one? Looks really interesting. I actually spent new year’s eve in Narvik two years ago…
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Have you seen this one? Looks really interesting. I actually spent new year’s eve in Narvik two years ago…

No, it premieres here on Christmas Day.

What were you doing there? I was there in 87, really small town back then at least.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade