Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2022 Posts: 23,376
    DC slate for 2022...
    Super Bowl Trailers
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 2022 Posts: 40,474

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    No writer or filmmaker confirmed just yet. I'll be eager to see if Netflix is ready to put the talent and money behind such a bold project to make it really pop and please fans or if it'll be another cookie cutter release from them.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    No writer or filmmaker confirmed just yet. I'll be eager to see if Netflix is ready to put the talent and money behind such a bold project to make it really pop and please fans or if it'll be another cookie cutter release from them.

If they're partnering with the game developer, I can really see this working. Since I first played the game in 2009, I've envisioned so many times how it plays out.

The film opens with Jack emerging from underwater with the plane sinking in the background. He sees a blinking light far ahead in the water and swims to it. The credits play over the submarine traveling from the lighthouse to the dock in Rapture. Ends with the flashback in 1958 on how the city became what it was. Then we get what we got in the game, but obviously limited to the large scope and level amounts.

If they're partnering with the game developer, I can really see this working. Since I first played the game in 2009, I've envisioned so many times how it plays out.

The film opens with Jack emerging from underwater with the plane sinking in the background. He sees a blinking light far ahead in the water and swims to it. The credits play over the submarine traveling from the lighthouse to the dock in Rapture. Ends with the flashback in 1958 on how the city became what it was. Then we get what we got in the game, but obviously limited to the large scope and level amounts.

I'd be totally fine with this, since cutting out the opening airplane sequence would add a bit more mystery (sans the obvious wreckage in the water) to what happened and why Jack's suddenly there.

I'd be totally fine with this, since cutting out the opening airplane sequence would add a bit more mystery (sans the obvious wreckage in the water) to what happened and why Jack's suddenly there.

You'd get that later on in the flashback scene when Jack meets Andrew Ryan for the first time. Just have Bradley Cooper have his mustache and outfit that he had in Midnight Alley and you have your Ryan.

You'd get that later on in the flashback scene when Jack meets Andrew Ryan for the first time. Just have Bradley Cooper have his mustache and outfit that he had in Midnight Alley and you have your Ryan.

Delicious. So why aren't they having you write this adaptation instead?
    Just watched the Elvis trailer, I am a fan of his music though the trailer was a bit odd.
    First look at Cillian Murphy in Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer:

Oppenheimer-Cilian-Murphy.jpg?w=1024
    First look at Cillian Murphy in Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer:

Oppenheimer-Cilian-Murphy.jpg?w=1024

Very Bogart, I have heard little about this film.
    It was only announced a month or two back, Nolan didn't waste time getting production started on this one. Can't say I'm terribly excited for it but I'll see how the trailers look. Tenet was a massive dud and I wasn't a big fan of Dunkirk so can't say I'm too optimistic.
    It was only announced a month or two back, Nolan didn't waste time getting production started on this one. Can't say I'm terribly excited for it but I'll see how the trailers look. Tenet was a massive dud and I wasn't a big fan of Dunkirk so can't say I'm too optimistic.

Tenet was a let down story telling and acting took a back seat to cinematic technical experiments that were mixed at best.

Tenet was a let down story telling and acting took a back seat to cinematic technical experiments that were mixed at best.

Underwhelming across the board and overrated in a lot of regards. I think he leaned too hard into wanting to deliver another grandiose mystery on the level of Inception and failed.
    It was only a week ago that I was watching some Keaton and thinking to myself "why hasn't this legend gotten a Hollywood biopic?" Now it seems like James Mangold will fast track the project after wrapping up Indiana Jones 5:

https://deadline.com/2022/02/james-mangold-buster-keaton-20th-century-1234958353/

That second trailer looked quite good. I love Ingrid on ‘Westworld,’ actually reached out online years ago and she responded very kindly and warmly. Might have to check this film out.
    She s a great actress, a real chameleon.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2022 Posts: 5,869
    Denbigh wrote: »

Been waiting ages for this teaser. I'm hoping March 2nd is the official trailer release then.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Here it is! A lot of fun. Everyone looks great :D
    Looks fun, albeit way more hyper-stylish than I had imagined. I was hoping for something a bit more Atomic Blonde but I bet it'll be a blast either way.

Should be interesting.

Too bad it's (like the other one) is only available on streaming.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Puss In Boots 2 confirmd for this year..

https://www.darkhorizons.com/puss-in-boots-sequel-cast-revealed/
    Ahead of the film’s first trailer release tomorrow, the full voice cast has been announced for the long-awaited “Puss in Boots” movie sequel “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish”.

The original 2011 “Shrek” spin-off made over $550 million worldwide. Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek Pinault will reprise their roles of Puss and Kitty Softpaws in the CG animated feature and will be joined by “What We Do in the Shadows” alum Harvey Guillén as their canine associate Perro,

Also onboard in other roles are Florence Pugh, Olivia Colman, Wagner Moura, Ray Winstone, John Mulaney, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Anthony Mendez and Samson Kayo.

The story follows the daring outlaw as he discovers that his passion for peril and disregard for safety have taken their toll. Joel Crawford and Januel Mercado serve as director and co-director and Universal will release the film in cinemas on September 23rd 2022.

Source: Deadline
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Trailer

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Liam Neeson and Martin Campbell.