Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    cropped-combinedprediction.jpg
    John Wick Spinoff Ballerina Finds Her Star in Ana de Armas
    April 30, 2022 by admin
    https://combinedprediction.com/john-wick-spinoff-ballerina-finds-her-star-in-ana-de-armas/

Paramount announced Ana de Armas in the lead role of Ballerina, the spin-off film that will expand the John Wick universe beyond the character of Keanu Reeves.
    John-Wick-Spinoff-Ballerina-Finds-Her-Star-in-Ana-de.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Avatar was one of only two films worthy of catching in 3D in theaters; I saw very few when the fad was big but most were a complete waste of the few extra dollars. It's a masterpiece in that regard, I couldn't believe my eyes throughout. I'll gladly see the sequels in 3D in cinemas, can't imagine what an experience that'll be after a decade. The technological leaps will be something very special.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The only downside I see to the Avatar sequels is that there will be a levelling off. Avatar 2 will likely amaze everyone because of the leap in technology, parts 3 onward won't be such a leap in technology. I am not convinced the strength of the story will be good enough for 4 or 5 sequels? Time will tell.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Avatar was one of only two films worthy of catching in 3D in theaters; I saw very few when the fad was big but most were a complete waste of the few extra dollars. It's a masterpiece in that regard, I couldn't believe my eyes throughout. I'll gladly see the sequels in 3D in cinemas, can't imagine what an experience that'll be after a decade. The technological leaps will be something very special.

Which would be the other? I can name a few more.

Jackass 3D, of all things. Had a blast with it. I saw Prometheus, one of those Clash of the Titans films and a couple of others in 3D and they all felt cheaply converted to 3D in post and not worth the time or money.
    Couldn't care less about Avatar 2. Or 3, or 4, 5, 6 or however many there are. Cameron lost it with Titanic I'm afraid. He now seems to believe every film must be 3 hours plus long with a love story at its centre. Story taken from Dances With Wolves, and elements that felt like Cameron's greatest hits melded together. Ships similar to those in Aliens as well as the exo skeleton suits like the power loader. And he's got to be the only one left with any belief that 3D is the future of cinema.
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    Couldn't care less about Avatar 2. Or 3, or 4, 5, 6 or however many there are. Cameron lost it with Titanic I'm afraid. He now seems to believe every film must be 3 hours plus long with a love story at its centre. Story taken from Dances With Wolves, and elements that felt like Cameron's greatest hits melded together. Ships similar to those in Aliens as well as the exo skeleton suits like the power loader. And he's got to be the only one left with any belief that 3D is the future of cinema.

+1
    I prefer 'Avatars' other more accurate title
    'Dances with Smurfs'
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The teaser trailer leaked and it’s just outstanding. Cameron plays in a league of his own.

Jackass 3D, of all things. Had a blast with it. I saw Prometheus, one of those Clash of the Titans films and a couple of others in 3D and they all felt cheaply converted to 3D in post and not worth the time or money.

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer had pretty good 3d, as did Hugo Cabret, and one that was a real blast was Sin City, A Dame To Kill For. Avatar was indeed something special.

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer had pretty good 3d, as did Hugo Cabret, and one that was a real blast was Sin City, A Dame To Kill For. Avatar was indeed something special.

I saw the Sin City sequel in theaters but it was in 2D. Wasn't impressed with the film very much but would've been interesting to see the 3D aspects in hindsight.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This looks intriguing and is gorgeous.

I saw the Sin City sequel in theaters but it was in 2D. Wasn't impressed with the film very much but would've been interesting to see the 3D aspects in hindsight.

Particularly for Eva Green! 😁
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Particularly for Eva Green! 😁

She's always a highlight!

That s a surprise.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited May 2022 Posts: 3,382
    I have a question:
    Where can I post an upcoming Bond Films on TV?
    What Thread?
    I will appreciate any replies, thank you guys 😊
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    I have a question:
    What Thread?

Try this:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/38/tv-alerts/p1
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Dwayne wrote: »
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    I have a question:
    What Thread?

Try this:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/38/tv-alerts/p1

Thank you @Dwayne ! :)
    @Creasy47 , I saw that Avatar teaser in the cinema this weekend. I bet it looks a lot better in 3d, but there are hardly any 3d releases here anymore. Looks like that trend died out for now.

Agreed. Hell, I'm surprised the trailer dropped in 1080p only (though I'm guessing it'll get a 4K option in a matter of minutes or hours). I'm looking forward to seeing it for the visuals alone.

Speaking of trailers, I've heard again the first trailer for Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning will be attached to Top Gun: Maverick at the end of this month. I'm not sure if it'll be a theatrical exclusive for a bit like this new Avatar one was but I'm seeing it opening weekend so I'm excited either way.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Looks amazing, just been looking for a 4K Trailer myself.

It already looks quite stunning in 1080p, which means that 4K upgrade will make it look all the more jaw-dropping. This'll be a must see in theaters for me; I'm not even that intrigued by the unoriginal plot, it's the visuals that make it worthy for me.

It already looks quite stunning in 1080p, which means that 4K upgrade will make it look all the more jaw-dropping. This'll be a must see in theaters for me; I'm not even that intrigued by the unoriginal plot, it's the visuals that make it worthy for me.

The detail on Neytiri face gave me goose bumps, the technology is incredible.
    After Spencer Tracy and Steve Martin, here's Andy Garcia in Father of the Bride :

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

If the movie is good $2B are locked.
  • matt_u wrote: »

If the movie is good $2B are locked.

It would have absolutely smashed the box office in 2011. I'm hopeful it will be just as visually stunning as the first, but we'll see how it does box-office-wise in 2022.