Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm very excited for this movie. Have no doubts it'll be incredible, and hopefully as heavy hitting as 'The Raid 2.'
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,465
    Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt will return for the 'Edge of Tomorrow' sequel, titled 'Live Die Repeat and Repeat.'

http://collider.com/edge-of-tomorrow-2-title/

This looks so impressive!
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt will return for the 'Edge of Tomorrow' sequel, titled 'Live Die Repeat and Repeat.'

Fantastic news! The first was a genuine surprise—truly one of the best sci-fi pics of the century. Cruise and Blunt and everyone involved killed it. The whole prequel-sequel thing is starting to grow tiresome, but if there's one storyline that warrants it, it's this one. With the same team back again, they can live, die, repeat, and repeat in whatever order they want.
    I am curious why the people behind naming these movies have managed nothing but a trainwreck so far. The first one was titled, then re-titled before release, then re-titled yet again when the blu-ray/DVD hit, and now they've gone with one of the worst film titles I've seen for the sequel. Hopefully the movie is better, still need to rewatch the first one - only saw it once after it came out and wasn't terribly impressed, maybe another viewing will be more positive.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I actually loved Edge of Tomorrow.
    I actually loved Edge of Tomorrow.

A lot of people did, I think I was in the minority with how I felt; even still, I didn't hate the film or think it was even bad, I simply had high hopes that weren't met. That's why I think I'll enjoy it more a second time, knowing what I know now. It's what makes 'Prometheus' more enjoyable every time I rewatch it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I loved Edge of Tomorrow as well.

Among many things it was great to see Bill Paxton's sergeant character as if he survived some alternate time stream as the marine grunt from Aliens grown up. But the story and how it was presented got me.
    All this praise really has me wanting to watch it now. Might have to do that tonight.
  • Hell, I might watch it tonight! ;)
    Wow, another one so soon? Once this hockey game ends, I have to watch it. How's it look, @Master_Dahark?
  • Just rewatched Edge of Tomorrow. Still as awesome as ever.
    Tom Cruise shows off his skills in a new featurette for 'The Mummy':

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He is an (action) Star!
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    What a shame: 'Hellboy' is getting a reboot with a new director and lead actor.

WHY??? Was there something wrong with the old director and lead actor?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nothing wrong with them. I am just glad we get another Hellboy movie.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Good luck to them finding a better lead than Ron Perlman. He IS Hellboy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Perlman was great, but I think Gregg Beam can be good as well.
    Perlman is Hellboy! Who on earth make's these decisions?!!!!
    Harbour could make for a great Hellboy, but it'll feel odd not watching a del Toro-helmed 'Hellboy' with Perlman in the lead. Time will tell how this one pans out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It'll all be down to the design and make-up department. I hope that the film avoids doing stupid CGI bullshit to make Harbour become Hellboy, which seems to be the go-to for all films like this now (the recent Beauty & The Beast being an example). I want to see them do to Harbour what they did with Perlman, by layering him in fine prosthetic make-up to create a Hellboy from nothing but practical means.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I enjoyed the first movie, but man that's an absolutely awful title.

octofinger wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I enjoyed the first movie, but man that's an absolutely awful title.

You can say that again.

You can say that again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Tom Cruise's version of The Mummy officially clocking at exactly 2 hours.
    Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman' will start shooting in August for a 2019 release on Netflix:

http://collider.com/martin-scorsese-the-irishman-release-date-2/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

First images and poster for the upcoming South Korean revenge action flick 'The Villainess', set to premiere at the Cannes festival later this month:

10_57_20__59015000106d4-625x894.jpg

48948_5901509a4dc4a-625x938.jpg
    48948_590150976aa03-625x936.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Sensational!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This looks worth watching. It should give Atomic Blonde a run for its money in the action stakes.