Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

First images and poster for the upcoming South Korean revenge action flick 'The Villainess', set to premiere at the Cannes festival later this month:

10_57_20__59015000106d4-625x894.jpg

48948_5901509a4dc4a-625x938.jpg
    48948_590150976aa03-625x936.jpg

I need a trailer stat!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman' will start shooting in August for a 2019 release on Netflix:

http://collider.com/martin-scorsese-the-irishman-release-date-2/
    Scorsese of all filmmakers digitally de-aging De Niro? You gotta be kidding me.

Is Netflix now also distributing films in cinemas, or is the film to be released on tv?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman' will start shooting in August for a 2019 release on Netflix:

Scorsese of all filmmakers digitally de-aging De Niro? You gotta be kidding me.

Is Netflix now also distributing films in cinemas, or is the film to be released on tv?

Come 2019, it's possible that it would get some sort of theatrical release, but I guess that depends on what Netflix wants and what sort of distribution deals they would have in place. I'd like to assume it would reach TV/blu-ray/DVD/digital eventually, but with Netflix having sole rights, that may not be the case. I'm still waiting for 'Beasts of No Nation' on blu-ray, but it looks pretty unlikely anymore.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

Finally, this thing is happening. Been stuck in development hell for at least 10 years if I remember correctly.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,690
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    This looks rather good despite Reynolds' involvement. I could see Tucker in this rather than Jackson.

Speaking of whom, I wonder what he's up to these days. I'm open to another Rush Hour before Jackie gets too old for it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    As always sensational! :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Testosterone, "T" & "A" & some seriously saucy humour. Basically everything we could want to kick off summer 2017. Bring it on. I need a holiday!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Knob jokes... at it needs is a vag joke here and there, and it's a vehicle for Amy Schumer.

tenor.gif
    It seems to be a trend. The recent CHiPs seemed to have a lot of overt rectal humour (based on the trailers), and I gave it a pass. I'll catch that one on home release.
    My. Kind of. Movie! :))
    Brad Pitt is on fire in that trailer!
    Ain't he always? :D
    Netflix is really churning them out these days. I agree, Pitt is excellent here. Channeling a bit of Lt. Aldo Raine.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    bondjames wrote: »
    Netflix is really churning them out these days. I agree, Pitt is excellent here. Channeling a bit of Lt. Aldo Raine.
    Definitely! I noticed that in a moment he frowned or did a scowling expression.

I also sense that it's made by the same crew who did Burn After Reading. At least its atmospheric tone sounded and looked so. That black comedy with Clooney, Pitt, Tilda Swinton, etc.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY ON?

I was planning on seeing this just for the mammitas but it genuinely looks like a film to have fun watching.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

WARNING: You guys will need a new pair of underwear after seeing this trailer. Because I definitely needed one. Holy sh*t.

Well dayum!

Basically, a female version of Ninja Assassin.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    World Wide boxoffice of 2017, so far there are 16-2017 movies in the world wide top 692:

01. Beauty and the Beast $1,186.9
    02. The Fate of the Furious $1,165.9
    03. Logan $606.5
    04. Kong: Skull Island $564.5
    05. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 $453.5
    06. The Boss Baby $439.0
    07. Fifty Shades Darker $378.8
    08. Your Name $354.2
    09. xXx: The Return of Xander Cage $346.1
    10. The Great Wall $332.0
    11. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter $312.2
    12. The LEGO Batman Movie $310.1
    13. Split $275.1
    14. Kung Fu Yoga $254.2
    15. Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back $246.6
    16. Get Out $206.4

Dutch update:

Kong: Skull Island did more then 4 million in 4 weaks, with now 38 screens. Possible the final weak or two weaks for the movie. Beauty and the Beast did almoost 8 million in 6 weaks (134 theater counts). Smurfs: The Lost Village (122 screens) more then 3 million in 5 weaks. The LEGO Batman Movie need 13 weaks to deliever more then 3 million.

The Fate of the Furious (121 screens) did more 7,5 million in 4 weaks. Whyle Kung Fu Panda 3 was disapointed for Dreamworks/Fox, The Boss Baby doing 5,2 million in 3 weaks. Whyle movie starts with 134 screens, for the thirth weak it is 266 screens. Moana also did 5,2 but need 23 weaks.

After 2 weaks Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (120 screens) doing 2,9 million. Ghost in the Shell (2017) did almoost 1,5 million in 6 weaks. The Zookeeper's Wife starts off disapointed with a litle bit more then 157.000 with 51 screens.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883

Amazing! That bike looked like it really went out of the building. If there is any CGI here, I can't see it.

Anyone making action films in Hollywood needs to get some of these guys on board. They know what they are doing on the action front.
    The South Koreans and the Chinese excel in making action films in a way Hollywood never will be able to manage.
    The South Koreans and the Chinese excel in making action films in a way Hollywood never will be able to manage.

I was literally about to say the same thing.
    That trailer was bananas.
    doubleoego wrote: »

I was literally about to say the same thing.
    That trailer was bananas.
    Great minds think alike. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Let s hope you are right. Those films all look childish and brain dead.

My dear fellow, you truly must be from an alternate dimension. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Could well be. I am not familiar with how this internet works.

Could well be. I am not familiar with how this internet works.
    You can order pizza and lasagna with it.