Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've never been a fan of Will Smith.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm fine with Will Smith being the genie. It's a good choice if it happens imho. Sure I am against these remakes but they could've choosen a much worse choice than Will Smith, I think he fits the character
    Will Smith as Aladin, directed by Guy Ritchie . . . that sounds spectacularly bad to me already. I'm going to wager that film doesn't see the light of day, but maybe I'm wrong.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    octofinger wrote: »
    Will Smith as Aladin, directed by Guy Ritchie . . . that sounds spectacularly bad to me already. I'm going to wager that film doesn't see the light of day, but maybe I'm wrong.

Will Smith is not being considered for the role of Aladin.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »

Will Smith is not being considered for the role of Aladin.

@doubleoego, you're right: Will is probably trying to get that part for his kid.

*I wish that remark came off as much of a joke as it was intended, but I could sadly see that happening*
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm okay with Will Smith overall. He's great in Men In Black and many other films I could name. Seriously, who wouldn't love Pursuit of Happiness? He could do both light humour comedy films and serious dark films when he wants. I'd watch him anything because he does have a certain charisma some others don't have. However, I couldn't care less about Aladdin. Never liked it as a kid, never liked it any time afterwards.
    Trailer for Overdrive, starring Scott Eastwood. Man, he really is Clint Eastwood 2.0.

@DaltonCraig007 @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @Creasy47 @bondjames @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This looks very cool, can't wait to see it!! Scott Eastwood is one to watch in the future, and this film also features Bond alumni Simon Abkarian!
    I noticed our good friend Kratt from CR is also in that trailer, too.
    I know I'll be there on Day One! :smiley:
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This guy Scott looks just like his dad, but he lacks charisma. Seems very wooden and forgettable but he definitely looks the part. When I saw FF8 I kept thinking I was looking at a young Clint when he was on screen.

He looks like a successor to Paul Walker's type of roles.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I don't think he looks that much like Clint. Clint was always more of a rugged mans man type. Junior lacks that ruggedness.
    Give him some time.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I don't think he looks that much like Clint. Clint was always more of a rugged mans man type. Junior lacks that ruggedness.
    I agree. I'm talking about the g(c)lint in his eyes. I knew he was Clint's son the minute I saw him in FF8. I agree that he lacks a bit of the ruggedness. It almost feels like he needs to smoke a few cigarettes or something and man up a bit.
    Trailer for Overdrive, starring Scott Eastwood. Man, he really is Clint Eastwood 2.0.

@DaltonCraig007 @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @Creasy47 @bondjames @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

Looks interesting. I'm really rooting for Scott Eastwood to do well. He's got perhaps unfairly big shoes to fill.

"Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2025!”

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/840769-all-four-avatar-sequel-release-dates-confirmed#X7m1DRp5mS5wQWFZ.99
    So, no more Terminator with Arnie and James on the same platform.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Really looking forward to these Avatar films.
    They've been hyping and dating those sequels since the original. I'll believe it's beginning when the second one is out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Part of me would love for the first sequel to tank so their stupid over-planning would make the other releases a financial risk (it's the only way they learn these days), but it'll probably make a combined $4 billion and over.
    Given the state of cinema/box office success today, I've no doubt that any sequels will dominate at the box office; whether they would be on the level of the first one remains to be seen, but I'm sure they'll all end up with at least $1 billion each, if not more.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Given the state of cinema/box office success today, I've no doubt that any sequels will dominate at the box office; whether they would be on the level of the first one remains to be seen, but I'm sure they'll all end up with at least $1 billion each, if not more.

Films cost so much now there's an even more monumental risk with this kind of thing, though. But you're right, if Transformers makes bank, these movies will too. It's only inevitable.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin

Martin Scorsese adds another project to his upcoming schedule; Killers of the Flower Moon, about 'the murder of several members of the Osage Indian nation after they discovered rich deposits of oil beneath their land and the bungled FBI investigation that followed'. This project, if it happens, will finally pair Scorsese's 2 favorite actors: Robert De Niro and Leonardo Dicaprio.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sounds great. Sorry, I know that post wasn t for me.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Sounds great. Sorry, I know that post wasn t for me.

Not until you don't add a Brosnan Bond film in your top 10. ;)

"Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2025!”

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/840769-all-four-avatar-sequel-release-dates-confirmed#X7m1DRp5mS5wQWFZ.99

Wow that really some announcement! :-O A Bond fan can't even dream of this hey?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Wow that really some announcement! :-O A Bond fan can't even dream of this hey?

EON would never be so foolish, thankfully.
    I'm on the other side of the fence with that, and I'd want Bond to have fixed dates. But, we all know Eon would never set a foot on that threshold.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, thanks for that Scorsese note. DiCaprio and DeNiro will be something special I'm sure.

Regarding the Avatar release dates, either they or SW are going to have to reconsider, otherwise they will cannibalize each other. If I was EON, I would consider moving the Bond dates away from this timeframe as well.