the NFL thread

Comments

So embarrassed of my teams. Ravens - please fire Trestman. Bears - please fire everyone.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I was at the Dolphins Titans game today. It was abysmal. The stadium renovations look great, now I don't have the South Florida sun beating down on me for three hours
    It was such a frustrating day. The Ravens gave away their last two games like Christmas presents; it's so frustrating, because they have a lot of solid players on their roster. Trestman is obviously the main problem, and I'm sure he's holding them back a lot. I hope they do the right thing and fire him very soon; otherwise we're looking at a 6-10, 7-9, or 8-8 record. And the Bears obviously just don't have a very good roster. I think John Fox is so-so at head coach, but we just have an utter lack of talent on that roster. Lots of work to be done. Sorry had to vent somewhere.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    glad my Steelers made it to 4-1 this week, and now sit alone atop the AFC North.... it wasn't looking good there for a little bit, but then the offense finally remembered that they are the best offense in the NFL, and quickly stomped the fire out of the Jets by scoring 24 unanswered points... the defense continues to be just solid enough so far, in their 4 wins, they've only given up 5 TDs and 6 FGs - but they are still far from perfect, the secondary gives up way too many yards down the field to wide open targets... but i guess as long as they are keeping them out of the endzone, then thats all that matters.
    Steelers have the North easily.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @FoxRox

as long as they don't sustain any further major injuries - then yes i agree with you...

your Ravens are always tough, no matter what - and i may cuss them out on sundays, but they are a team that i respect because they come to play and play hard - they walk the walk... the Bengals i always viewed as fake tough guys - they talk a lot, often times WAAAY too much, but when push comes to shove - they always seem to choke..... and the Browns are the Browns lol - that stopped being a rivalry to Steelers fans about 10 years ago - there is more of a natural rivalry between our two teams now... The Browns just show up, hoping the other team all came down with a staph infection so they can finally get a W..... it's sad to kick a team when they've been down for this long - but living in Cleveland, and having to listen to their fans gloat over nothing for years and years, excuse me while i sit back and smile at their misfortune.. thats what you get for selling out games for a worthless product.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    @FoxRox

as long as they don't sustain any further major injuries - then yes i agree with you...

your Ravens are always tough, no matter what - and i may cuss them out on sundays, but they are a team that i respect because they come to play and play hard - they walk the walk... the Bengals i always viewed as fake tough guys - they talk a lot, often times WAAAY too much, but when push comes to shove - they always seem to choke..... and the Browns are the Browns lol - that stopped being a rivalry to Steelers fans about 10 years ago - there is more of a natural rivalry between our two teams now... The Browns just show up, hoping the other team all came down with a staph infection so they can finally get a W..... it's sad to kick a team when they've been down for this long - but living in Cleveland, and having to listen to their fans gloat over nothing for years and years, excuse me while i sit back and smile at their misfortune.. thats what you get for selling out games for a worthless product.

@haserot The Bengals do always choke; I have my doubts they'll reach a Super Bowl anytime soon, let alone win one. Was very happy to see the Ravens got rid of Marc Trestman. Hoping they can make a playoff push this year. I always look forward to Ravens-Steelers games more than any other in the NFL season, because they're always great games!
    like Coach Tomlin always says about both teams "two trains, one track" lol - they are always low scoring defensive struggles... real football :)
    HASEROT wrote: »
    like Coach Tomlin always says about both teams "two trains, one track" lol - they are always low scoring defensive struggles... real football :)

It's still the best rivalry in football right now in my opinion, and has been since the beginning of the century. It has seen a ton of classics in a short amount of time, and I'm confident it will continue to be a memorable series for a long time. Things will be really juicy if we see another playoff game between the two.
    Tough game for my Seahawks this weekend against Atlanta.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 12,271
    Looks like a repeat of last season for my teams. Oh well.

EDIT: Some takeaways.
    -AFC North is in shambles, especially with the injuries of Roethlisberger and Suggs. Steelers likely will still win it, but my goodness; the division hasn't been this bad in a long time.
    -Browns could just go 0-16. Maybe.
    -Falcons were robbed. I picked them to win, and they really should have.
    -Cowboys are the real deal. Color me surprised.
    -Surprised the Chiefs topped the Raiders. This week was full of surprises, and the league is as unpredictable as ever.
    Finally a new win for the Ravens. Let's try to build off it.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 2,341
    The Seahawks are just getting by on that world class defense. They spent a kings ransom on it while allowing the O-line and the backup QB to suffer. Now they are just wishing and hoping that ragtag bunch can protect their franchise QB.
    I see them as the Cowboys of the seventies and the Niners of the nineties. They will win more often than lose but they will not be going to the Super Bowl every year.

Pete Carroll is hoping he can squeeze one more Lombardi out of this group before free agency, coaching staff defections, and salary cap knocks them back down to mediocrity.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 12,271
    Flacco has really regressed. Sucks to watch him play these days.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 12,271
    My most hated 3 teams plus Atlanta left. Sigh. Just that kind of year for me.
    Gutted my Seahawks went out, feel for the Cowboys after coming back to lose still.
    It was a good weekend. Cowboys lose, Seahawks lose.
    I mean come on, did they really think they were gonna advance with that shit offensive line? Then the team shows how little class they have. Sherman is a douche, asshole has lost a step and thus he has to reach out and grab receivers...

Dak Prescott proved that he could go toe to toe with a future Hall of Famer. Down by 18 he brought the 'Boys back. It is now his team, show Romo the door. Trade him to Chicago...or Buffalo.

Josh McDaniel took his name out of the running for HC in San Francisco. He's no fool. That situation in Santa Clara is a nightmare. The owner is a total dumbass and hasn't a clue...no QB....not many good prospects in the draft...No GM
    Who would be dumb enough to take that job?

Andy Reid showed that his play calling and QB are too conservative and once again they go down in the first round after sweeping the Broncos and Raiders and a 12-4 record. The fans in KC deserve better....
    Patriots-Falcons Super Bowl. I'll be rooting for the Falcons. Not only because I hate the Patriots, but because I like Matt Ryan and I'd like to see a new team win the Super Bowl.
    How on earth do the Patriots do it? No offense but I am rooting for the Falcons in 2 weeks time!
    Brady's latest star receiver Chris Hogan! How many Steelers does it take to haul down LeGarrette Blount? Apparently about 10 based on one play.
    Falcons demolition of the Packers though, I think makes them favourites.
  • video games, music, non bond films and even trump and politics here? i know im new to this site but what's the relation with james bond?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    video games, music, non bond films and even trump and politics here? i know im new to this site but what's the relation with james bond?

Only four posts in, and you're making some strong and divisive statements. I wish you luck.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    You like to bitch about everything, I notice.

You stalking me? get a life maybe?

• edited January 2017 Posts: 67
    Pats by 7, way better defense, better coach, better QB, better O-line, Brady will get his 5th bowl.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Pats by 7, way better defense, better coach, better QB, better O-line, Brady will get his 5th bowl.
    Yes this is all quite true, I think.But this may also be a coming out for Ryan and the Falcons.
    They are an impressive team.

Mind you, I am rooting Patriots, so that Brady might shove Deflategate back at Goodell.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    WOW!!!
    Unbelievable choke by Atlanta. Just unbelievable. I grudgingly give credit to New England for clawing their way back to the win, but wow did Atlanta choke bad. I feel so bad for their fans; that's about a painful a loss as they come.
    Fantastic comeback by the patriots glad I stayed up till 3.30 am watching it
    Have to say through gritted teeth fair play to the Patriots for one heck of a comeback to win the Superbowl! =D>
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,622
    That was such an exciting game, that by the 2nd half, at the Super Bowl Party I attended, everyone was actually watching the game
    Tom Brady is one determined quarterback.
    I might even buy a jersey, I'm in such awe.
    Looking ahead to next year, the young and now battle-hardened Falcons and young-star Cowboys should challenge in the NFC.