the NFL thread

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Since the Super Bowl is being held less than five miles from my condo, I've decided to get out of town and watch the game 30 miles away at my sister's.

Really that bad?
    Congrats to Denver. Well-earned victory behind a dominant defense.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Go out on top Peyton. Retire in style.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    I for one am pleased Denver triumphed. CNewton is young and needs to learn to be clutch at the key moments... also a lesson in being graceful in defeat wouldn't go amiss...

But Von Miller... Beastmode!
    Have you ever seen an outside defender (LB / DE) of his stature with that kind of speed / athleticism? QB's must HATE playing against that guy.
    I thought Carolina's defense played very well. I never saw Peyton Manning get sacked so many times in one game! after a fast start on the opening drive, the Broncos did very little for the remainder of the game.

For Carolina it was the turnovers, and Cam just not delivering the goods when it mattered most.
    Carolina's defense did play very well. I'd say the main culprit was their O-line. Now, I'm not defending Cam here, as he played poorly and is getting rightly criticized for his attitude after the game, but he didn't have much of a chance considering how poorly his O-line and, to a lesser extent, receivers played.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited February 2016 Posts: 1,727
    dalton wrote: »
    Carolina's defense did play very well. I'd say the main culprit was their O-line. Now, I'm not defending Cam here, as he played poorly and is getting rightly criticized for his attitude after the game, but he didn't have much of a chance considering how poorly his O-line and, to a lesser extent, receivers played.

But that's the thing - Cam is supposed to be this über-mobile athletic QB who doesn't necessarily need a good O-line to make the plays... or at least that is what he was hyped up to be.
    Denver's pass rush and secondary showed that when faced with a good defense he is a slightly above-average QB at best.

This idea that The Panthers 'lost it rather than Denver winning it' because Cam had a bad game is just an excuse by butt-hurt Panther fans if you ask me. The NFC just didn't test Carolina to that extent during the regular season, to the point of making you wonder why the NFC is still considered the superior conference... :-?
    AceHole wrote: »
    dalton wrote: »

But that's the thing - Cam is supposed to be this über-mobile athletic QB who doesn't necessarily need a good O-line to make the plays... or at least that is what he was hyped up to be.
    Denver's pass rush and secondary showed that when faced with a good defense he is a slightly above-average QB at best.

This idea that The Panthers 'lost it rather than Denver winning it' because Cam had a bad game is just an excuse by butt-hurt Panther fans if you ask me. The NFC just didn't test Carolina to that extent during the regular season, to the point of making you wonder why the NFC is still considered the superior conference... :-?

I think it's generally true that he doesn't need a great O-line, but he does need better play than they got, especially out of their tackles. Von Miller absolutely embarrassed whoever it was he was lined up against.

But, yes, Cam did need to play better.

The credit for the win, though, and I think everyone has pretty much agreed, goes to Denver's defense. That was the best effort by a defense I've seen in a long time.

Belated congratulation to Denver on their Superbowl win! =D>
    Surprised no one else bumped this by now.

Ravens 2-0, but lots of work to be done. I don't know why they play down to competition so often :-?? hope they keep improving and return to playoffs.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    my Steelers are looking good so far - even without Le'Veon Bell or Ladarius Green - with the way young Jesse James is playing TE thus far, they can dump Green - i like the kid... Defense is still shaky - give up way too many yards.. but at the end of the day, all that matters is the score, and in 2 weeks they've given up 6 FGs, and only 2 TDs - i'll take it... they are still a young learning defense - i expect them to look much much better by season's end.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    my Steelers are looking good so far - even without Le'Veon Bell or Ladarius Green - with the way young Jesse James is playing TE thus far, they can dump Green - i like the kid... Defense is still shaky - give up way too many yards.. but at the end of the day, all that matters is the score, and in 2 weeks they've given up 6 FGs, and only 2 TDs - i'll take it... they are still a young learning defense - i expect them to look much much better by season's end.

They look good for sure. Coming from a Ravens fan - I think you guys will win the North. And probably go far in the playoffs.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    if we stay healthy.... and if a few of our star players can lay off the weed. lol
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Don't know what's going on with my boy A.A Ron but he's not been the same
    Don't know what's going on with my boy A.A Ron but he's not been the same

Rodgers? I noticed he seemed to be declining a little last year. Perhaps his peak is over?
    I thought Sam Bradford looked sharp last night against the Packers.
    Still rooting all-out for Brady and the Pats though.
    Not a Pats fan actually. Don't have an NFL team.
    I root for the CFL Argonauts, but I sure would love to see Brady shove Deflategate back at Goodell

Someone please wake me up whatever year the Bears get their act together 8-|
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Well, now that the Rams are back in L.A., I suppose I got a new team to root for.
    Man that was a bad night. Better luck next near Chicago (once again).

Meanwhile... Go Ravens!
    Bengals don't really impress me this year...

and leave it to the Browns to once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.... only the Browns.. lol.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Bengals don't really impress me this year...

and leave it to the Browns to once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.... only the Browns.. lol.

Yeah. The Ravens have a lot of room to improve, but I think we have the right pieces for the most part. The secondary concerns me most, but otherwise I'm optimistic about our group.
    Ravens are 3-0! Don't care how ugly the wins are; I'd rather be the worst 3-0 team than the best 0-3 team (see last year...). As for the Bears... well... another awful night.
    Looks like the San Francisco 49ers took a big dump all over their logo yesterday. What a bad game. Defense got punked, offense was ... offensive as heck. I could hardly watch that pitiful display of football.
    I don't hate the Seahawks, they are a good team I just hate having to live in the city with all their asswipe fans. At least Cowboys fans earn their swagger but Seattle just hasn't the history to have any swagger.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    Looks like the San Francisco 49ers took a big dump all over their logo yesterday. What a bad game. Defense got punked, offense was ... offensive as heck. I could hardly watch that pitiful display of football.
    I don't hate the Seahawks, they are a good team I just hate having to live in the city with all their asswipe fans. At least Cowboys fans earn their swagger but Seattle just hasn't the history to have any swagger.

Sorry OHMSS69, I am Seahawks fan of over 30 years over in the UK, but don't worry I am not one of those asswipe fans. Have alot of respect for all the NFL sides. 49ers I have admired for a long time especially with the players you have played for you in the past. All being well we will both progress to the playoffs come the close season?
    @RogueAgent, no I doubt the Niners will be making the playoffs anytime soon. An 8-8 or 7-9 record I would consider a gift.

As for the high flying Eagles...is Carson Wentz for real? How long before the coordinators catch up with him and he drops back to his skill level? I am not optimistic and Peyton Mannings, i.e. someone who just comes in and kicks ass, come once a generation.

It takes the teams about 5 games in before they start to show themselves. The Saints are done, the Browns will finally win a game or two, the sorry ass Rams will battle to stay out of the cellar.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    As for the high flying Eagles...is Carson Wentz for real? How long before the coordinators catch up with him and he drops back to his skill level? I am not optimistic and Peyton Mannings, i.e. someone who just comes in and kicks ass, come once a generation.

well how stupid do the Browns look right now for not drafting Wentz - and even going so far as to say they didn't believe he could even be top 15 QB material... LMAO - only the Browns..
    Bengals not doing me any favors tonight. The Dolphins look like a mess right now.
    only positive for me tonight, is that i have AJ Green on my fantasy team.. got me 34 points tonight lol.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 12,271
    Ravens had the game in their hands; awful play-calling at the end. Glad the Bears avoided 0-16.

EDIT: Chiefs are a joke.
    Pleased with another Seahawks win, surprised the Rams beat the Cardinals though!