the NFL thread

Comments

Thank you for finally getting a win, Ravens. It was ugly as heck, but at least we finally won.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I assume the Stealers kickah is fired tomorrow? If you can't trust him to kick a FG in the exact spot you need him to why even have him on he roster?
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    I know that's the Steelers backup kicker and all, but that's probably it for him.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 12,270
    Not such a great season for the Bears and Ravens; better luck next year. My highlights were Ravens sweeping the Steelers and Bears beating the Packers on Thankgsiving.

As a Ravens fan, I was initially rooting against the Steelers (still the Ravens' #1 enemy) in the wildcard game, but I was just disgusted by how some of the Bengals fans and Burfict acted. My heart goes out to all the classy Bengals fans for how much heartbreak the team puts them through, but I couldn't believe how badly some of the fans acted. There was also an ugly hit from Shazier of the Steelers earlier on, and I was surprised there was no flag. Anyway, Pittsburgh deserved the win; I just wish it had gone done less dirty.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Hmm, let's see:

Chiefs will give N.England a run for their money, but the Brady-bunch will win, as usual. Yawn.

Arizona are favorites but if Packers bring their A-game on offense there might just be an upset there...

Seattle's run stops here after a very fortunate win last weekend, they would have needed their home advantage to progress and Panthers just don't look like losing tbh.

Denver will start Manning to extend drives as long as possible & keep a stunning Steelers offense off the field but a narrow win for big Ben & co. looks most likely... unless Denver keep the score close by the last 1/4, in that case Steelers may have run out of oil at that altitude...
    I think the Steelers might pull it off unless Denver jumps out with a big lead and Big Ben et al will come up short. Close game? Steelers..

Kansas City will give NE a run for their money but when it comes down to it the Pats are just too disciplined, Brady too good, Belichek too good of an in game strategist.

NFC: My lips are sealed.

Away from the playoffs and look at what is happening to my team: Looks like Hue Jackson is a bust and we talking to Tom Coughlin...I just don't know. Harbaugh inherited a highly talented roster that had been underachieving, the next HC won't be so fortunate. Looks like a 6-10 year for my beloved Niners.
    Bottom line for me is i hope the Patriots do not win it again!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Anybody but the Patriots going forward.

Glad we get to see Brady vs. Manning one last time.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I third that notion about new England
    I don't think either of the AFC teams stands much of a chance against whichever team comes out of the NFC. Both Carolina and Arizona have been neck-and-neck in a race for best team in the league for the bulk of the season.

The Pats might have more of a chance than the Broncos would, but I think the NFC Championship Game is the defacto Super Bowl.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Bottom line for me is i hope the Patriots do not win it again!

We have not had a repeat champ in over ten years. And we all tired of the Pats dominance since 2001.

Glad Seattle lost, they came out flat and the Panthers jumped all over the bums. Now their fans are whining about Cam and Co. having "no class" with their celebrations. This is the snot butt team where a WR mimic taking a dump in the end zone at the Super Bowl last year and started a fight with the Pats when it was evident they had lost. If they don't like the Panthers' celebration then stop them from scoring--HELLO.

that Green Bay- Arizona game was unbelievable. Carson Palmer had played crappy most of the game. I'm glad that Fitzgerald (their best player) won the game for them.
    Did you know that Palmer is the oldest QB in the playoffs but has the least playoff experience. Matter of fact the win on Saturday was his first post season win.

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,419
    As a GB fan, I've never been more satisfied after a loss. A part of me wants whoever comes out of the NFC to win, but if Denver is in, I kinda want Peyton Manning to win and then retire on top. Just no New England.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    As a GB fan, I've never been more satisfied after a loss. A part of me wants whoever comes out of the NFC to win, but if Denver is in, I kinda want Peyton Manning to win and then retire on top. Just no New England.

=D>
    So glad to have fellow New England Patriots haters here XD being a Bears and Ravens fan, I don't have much at stake now, but I'd most like to see the Cardinals or Panthers win.
    I think the Cardinals are a better team and can probably corral the Panthers.
    In the AFC , just think the Pats are firing on all cylinders and Peyton Manning is a shell of his former self. Pats win.
    I think Carolinas defense will force Palmer into some bad decisions and Carolina will squeak by
    I'm really looking forward to the Panthers-Cardinals game; has potential for game of the year. That Cardinals-Packers game will be hard to top though. I'm predicting a New England-Arizona Super Bowl.
    Stunned at my Seahawks complete collapse in the first half against Carolina, but damned proud of their second half performance. Gonna get behind the Cardinals now i think.
  • augie7107augie7107 Boston
    Like all consistently successful teams, the Patriots are growing old. I have lived in Massachusetts all my life and have been an Oakland fan the entire time. Actually was at the O.Co in December to watch the Chiefs game. Been a long time since the Raiders had a team and it looks like it's going to be a few more seasons, unfortunately. Now pulling for Carolina.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'm with everyone in the "anyone but the Pats" camp. I'd prefer Arizona to win it but wouldn't object to Carolina either. While Denver would be my third choice, it would be fitting to see Manning go out on top a la John Elway.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 2,341
    Son of a Gun!
    I got it all wrong championship weekend.

I should have known that despite Brady and Bellishit, the Pats one -dimensional attack was not gonna work to their advantage...

As for the NFC I can't believe how bad Carson Palmer was! Maybe it was the broken finger that bothered him. I thought Arizona was the best team in the league all season long. After the shaky performance against Green Bay, I really thought Arians' league MVP candidate was going to pull it together. NOT
    I thought so as well. I was really hoping it would have been a better game, on par with the AFC game.
    Glad the Patriots won't have a chance at back-to-back SBs. I'll miss the beginning, but I look forward to watching some of this Super Bowl. Don't care too much who wins, but I'll pick the Panthers 23-20.
    Far cry for me from last season when I despised both teams and didn't care who won. (Well I guess I leaned slightly towards Seattle) Now, I don't mind either team and just want to enjoy the game. I think this is the first SB ever in which I won't choose a side.
    It has been ten years since the last repeat champ (New England) and over two decades since a team has gone to three straight Super Bowls.

I think the league has figured Seattle out and Free Agency will cut deep into their once mighty roster. Welcome to the modern era...
    I think it is a good thing that we do not have such sports dynasties in the NFL anymore. Though Bellichek and Company have managed to stay at or near the top since 2001....

I'm glad they not making Super Bowl and ditto for Seattle..
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,727
    Well, I'll be rooting for Denver as I've followed their ups&downs since 2001... but they will have to bring their A-game as far as rush-defense is concerned and I don't think Manning's arm can do a full 4 quarters anymore.

I wonder if the fact it's being played out in the Bay-area might actually suit the Broncos - they will be able to play more of their passing game if weather is decent, which it should be, and the weather should be easier on Manning's shoulder..?
    If the typical SF wind comes in though it will favour Carolina heavily I think.

Narrow win for Panthers seems the most likely outcome though...
    Glad the Pats are out! Will hope for a success for Denver come the Superbowl.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 2,341
    Heard about these stupid ass Seattle fans starting a petition to ban Cam Newton from their stadium. Are you kidding me? WTF? Some fat Northwesterners have nothing better to do with their time than this?

How can Seahawks fans be upset of how someone celebrates? they claim he has poor sportsmanship when he scores. If they don't like his celebrations then get your vaunted defense to stop him. The Panthers beat the 'Hawks not once but twice this season (one at Seattle and one in the playoffs).
    Seahawks fans have some nerve. A team whose WR mimic taking a dump in the endzone at the SuperBowl or Richard Sherman who runs his mouth like a runny toilet. Double standard. A- holes.

Poor Sportsmanship my A$$.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    So glad the Patriots lost. The Denver D is awesome!

Hoping the Broncos win, and Manning can retire a Super Bowl Champion. That would be a hell of a way to go out.
    I think I will go for the Panthers. Like to see Cam get a ring (he may not ever get to make it back to the big game so go for it now)
    Peyton already has one, and despite the fact that his brother Eli is 2-0 in super bowls while Peyton is only 1-2 we all know who the better QB is.
    And I'd like to see old "The Blindside" Michael Oher get a second ring...