the NFL thread

Comments

Speaking as a Seattle fan I would sooner face the Packers than the Cowboys, but it is not a dead cert we will make it yet? I am always nervous when I check the scores early on a Monday morning! :))

Full credit to the Colts in getting a result at Denver! Would be very surprised if Peyton Manning did not call it a day now?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    this could very well have been Peyton's last game... but something tells me that he'll be back one more season..

but once he leaves, i wonder what that organization will do... try to lure another big name free agent QB?... because unless they draft one this year, and let him sit behind Peyton - they are screwed.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    off topic....

but... O-H-I-O!!... My Buckeyes! Undisputed National Champions!
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited January 2015 Posts: 1,727
    Packers still on course for the Championship :D
    And that with a 50% fit starting QB. I mean literally half of Rodgers game is based on his evasion of the rush/blitz & keeping the play going outside of the pocket. Even now with that side taken away by injury he is still class...

Only Seattle stand in the way of a 5th trophy imo...
    Just watched the highlights of the Seattle V Carolina game. Roll on Sunday for a very tough game against the Packers!
    I hate Pete Carroll and all he represents. Richard Sherman is just marketing himself by carrying on that Minstrel show of his, marshawn Lynch is a very nasty and depraved asshole.

Bellichek is evil incarnate; Brady is a spoiled brat who can't stand to get hit.

I like the Packers and their superstar QB but they have an adversion to playing defense (like the Oregon Ducks)
    I hate Pete Carroll and all he represents. Richard Sherman is just marketing himself by carrying on that Minstrel show of his, Marshawn Lynch is a very nasty and depraved asshole.

Bellichek is evil incarnate; Brady is a spoiled brat who can't stand to get hit.

I like the Packers and their superstar QB but they have an adversion to playing defense (like the Oregon Ducks)

I like Indy but they are too young to take it to Brady and Bellichek.
    Why not just crown Carroll and the Seahawks now? I hope this does not come to pass.
    /\ I do! ;) :-bd
    NFC Championship game tomorrow!!!! 8-} It will make a change for me to know the result before I actually go to bed for once! Will be closely monitoring the game by phone!
  • Big surprise so far in the NFC Championship game with the Packers leading 16 - 0! Seattle has been sucking wind this whole game! Big surprise to me!
    Rodgers vs. Tom 'sore-loser' Brady in the Superbowl, please. As it should be.

G.O P.A.C.K.E.R.S

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I am taking great pleasure in Seattle's early struggles.

Now that I posted this, Seattle will come back.
    Packers' gameplan to stop SHawks offense is working a treat. If Rodgers stays fit, GB will be playing come Feb 1st...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2015 Posts: 40,473
    Slowly but surely, Seattle does seem to be making a slight comeback. I'm sure GB will have this in the end, though.

EDIT: Wow. What a turnaround right now.
  • Kerim wrote: »

You were right! I must say, even though I hate Seattle, what a comeback!!!
    Kerim wrote: »

Next time Seattle is down a bit, I'll keep my mouth shut.

• edited January 2015 Posts: 12,269
    Happy for Seattle; can't stand the Packers.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    HASEROT wrote: »
    off topic....

but... O-H-I-O!!... My Buckeyes! Undisputed National Champions!

Haha I thought about making a similar post.

Mike McCarthy is a horrible coach in-game. He should be shot for kicking from inside the 2 twice.
    I'd rather see a Tampa Bay-Jacksonville Super Bowl matchup than a Seattle-New England matchup. My two least favorite teams.
    Colts D looks beat up and worn down.
    Pats looking like machine.
    Nantz just said "ansolute domination"
    He's right!
    Should be great SB!
    That Colts-Patriots game was just embarrassing; not remotely a Colts fan, but I really felt bad for them. Seahawks-Patriots it is.

On another note, severely disappointed with Gary Kubiak for leaving the Ravens; not because he left, but because he lied about it.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    On another note, severely disappointed with Gary Kubiak for leaving the Ravens; not because he left, but because he lied about it.

don't worry - once Manning retires, he'll be a failure there as well, just like he was in Houston.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    comments about todays games.....

did i call it or did i call it? lol... i now have 2 weeks until i am proven an NFL prophet ;) lol... but seriously...

Can't believe that 'Hawks/Pack game.. i for sure thought Green Bay had it signed sealed and delivered, but like the Goonies, the Seahawks never say die - between the miracle onside recovery and the pass to the end the game in overtime, wow.. just wow.. an instant classic...

the AFC side of this was anything but a classic... who would've thought that the heir apparent of Manning in Indianapolis would also inherit his playoff ability of choking?... the game was a classic case of not what the Patriots did - but simply what the Colts could not do, and that was effectively move the ball... what happened to the same defense that had Manning running for his life last week??... i think i know what happened, but i'll save that for another post..

so it'll be the Seahawks and Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX..

i look for a poetic end to one dynasty, and the coronation of a new one - with Seattle winning Lombardi #2, and their second in a row, by defeating the team who was the last to win 2 Super Bowls in a row..
    HASEROT wrote: »
    comments about todays games.....

did i call it or did i call it? lol... i now have 2 weeks until i am proven an NFL prophet ;) lol... but seriously...

Can't believe that 'Hawks/Pack game.. i for sure thought Green Bay had it signed sealed and delivered, but like the Goonies, the Seahawks never say die - between the miracle onside recovery and the pass to the end the game in overtime, wow.. just wow.. an instant classic...

the AFC side of this was anything but a classic... who would've thought that the heir apparent of Manning in Indianapolis would also inherit his playoff ability of choking?... the game was a classic case of not what the Patriots did - but simply what the Colts could not do, and that was effectively move the ball... what happened to the same defense that had Manning running for his life last week??... i think i know what happened, but i'll save that for another post..

so it'll be the Seahawks and Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX..

i look for a poetic end to one dynasty, and the coronation of a new one - with Seattle winning Lombardi #2, and their second in a row, by defeating the team who was the last to win 2 Super Bowls in a row..

Agreed on all accounts. I think it'll be a good one, but Seattle's defense ends up winning the day.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    The opening line is a pick'em. But yes, I do think this is the time of the Seahawk.
    Brady and Patriots are giants for them to slay, as they establish their burgeoning legacy.
    The Seahawks incredulous win over GB has just been eclipsed by speculation that the Patriots cheated by using deflated footballs.

How else to explain why the Colts lost?

well... if anyone knows how to cheat and get away with it, it's Belichick.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    The Seahawks incredulous win over GB has just been eclipsed by speculation that the Patriots cheated by using deflated footballs.

How else to explain why the Colts lost?

Those deflated footballs sure did give New England those 38 points.

My thoughts on the Super Bowl teams.

GC-Superbowl.jpg

Well I have learned about our astonishing comeback!!! That is what champs do! So proud of our defence of our title. Now we have to overcome another big AFC team to make history again! GO HAWKS!!!!!!! \m/
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    I'm rooting for the Hawks.
    If Pats lose, maybe Giselle can have another meltdown. It was entertaining the first time around.