the NFL thread

Comments

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    You can always root for the Bengals ;)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399
    or you got my Steelers - the bastard runts of the group that no one predicted would get this far lol.... yeah, it would mean cheering for a team that would be getting #7 before you get #6 - trust me, i am just can be just as bad with not wanting to see other teams wins tho...

but in all honesty, the only team i get real joy out of seeing lose in the playoffs is the Patriots - every year they fail to get that elusive #4 trophy, i smile, knowing it's one more year closer to both Bellichick and Brady retiring - and one more year on where Adam Vinatieri isn't there to bail out Brady's ass in a Super Bowl :)
    HASEROT wrote: »
    or you got my Steelers - the bastard runts of the group that no one predicted would get this far lol.... yeah, it would mean cheering for a team that would be getting #7 before you get #6 - trust me, i am just can be just as bad with not wanting to see other teams wins tho...

but in all honesty, the only team i get real joy out of seeing lose in the playoffs is the Patriots - every year they fail to get that elusive #4 trophy, i smile, knowing it's one more year closer to both Bellichick and Brady retiring - and one more year on where Adam Vinatieri isn't there to bail out Brady's ass in a Super Bowl :)

At least in common we dislike the Patriots. Always have annoyed me...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i have never liked Brady or Bellichick, thus i do not like the Patriots... Bellichick i think is very classless - from not only the way he treats the media, but how he treats his opponents.... i remember back when the pats defeated the Chargers in the playoffs a few years ago - his players went out and started dancing and stomping on the Chargers midfield logo after the game... In terms of Brady - I give him credit for everything he has accomplished, but i never bought into the fact that he was a great QB.. IMO, he is a product of Bellichick's system.. his spread offense makes it so easy for a QB - because all it is, is 5-10 yard in and out passes, or dumps to the back.. any time he goes down the field, it's usually always to Gronk... but that offense made Matt Cassel look like a pro bowler... i think if you threw Tom Brady on the Browns, he would not even go to 1 pro bowl..... but hey, he's going into the HOF one day, so who am i to judge
    i have never liked Brady or Bellichick, thus i do not like the Patriots... Bellichick i think is very classless - from not only the way he treats the media, but how he treats his opponents.... i remember back when the pats defeated the Chargers in the playoffs a few years ago - his players went out and started dancing and stomping on the Chargers midfield logo after the game... In terms of Brady - I give him credit for everything he has accomplished, but i never bought into the fact that he was a great QB.. IMO, he is a product of Bellichick's system.. his spread offense makes it so easy for a QB - because all it is, is 5-10 yard in and out passes, or dumps to the back.. any time he goes down the field, it's usually always to Gronk... but that offense made Matt Cassel look like a pro bowler... i think if you threw Tom Brady on the Browns, he would not even go to 1 pro bowl..... but hey, he's going into the HOF one day, so who am i to judge

Somehow they are still so loved by the media. I remember Brady stomping off the field before game was over back in the 2013 AFC Championship when my Ravens advanced to the Super Bowl. Obviously, all the respect comes from their success, not their behavior. But I would not be pleased if a player on my team acted that way in defeat.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Somehow they are still so loved by the media. I remember Brady stomping off the field before game was over back in the 2013 AFC Championship when my Ravens advanced to the Super Bowl. Obviously, all the respect comes from their success, not their behavior. But I would not be pleased if a player on my team acted that way in defeat.

i have noticed, that the majority of the time, they are only gracious when they win... when they lose, they stomp off the field like a spoiled child... I remember last year when they lost to Carolina on a controversial (but correct) call at the end of the game - instead of going over and at least shaking a few hands - Brady started arguing with the ref, then stormed off the field..

the reason why the media - especially ESPN love him, is because he falls into their target market of NY and BOS (ESPN HQ sits right in between both cities)... i hardly ever watch ESPN anymore because of their bias.... i stick to my local sports show Drennan Live for all my sports news lol.
    I too am fed up with the east coast bias on ESPN. the Jets suck, the Cowboys have sucked for years but because they are "America's Team" , I get that but not all the friggin coverage they give a shytty Jets team.
    Bellichek is an asshole extradonaire, he reeks of bad taste in fashion and is just a classless individual but Brady is their fair haired Media Darling. I do not root for them unless they play the Seahawks or Cowboys...

I will root for the Steelers as they constantly used to break cowboys hearts back in the day and they broke Seattle's heart in Super Bowl XL....
    Sorry Bengals....
    Thrilled my Seahawks clinched the division and have also claimed number 1 seed for the NFC!

Big thanks to the 49ers also for turning over the Cardinals!!!! :-bd
    That 2nd Antonio Brown TD won my fantasy championship for me!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Thrilled my Seahawks clinched the division and have also claimed number 1 seed for the NFC!

Big thanks to the 49ers also for turning over the Cardinals!!!! :-bd

:((

If we only had a healthy second string QB, things would have turned out differently.
    Go Ravens!!!
    Go Steelers!!!

:)>-
    Go Steelers!!!

Losing to you guys in the playoffs hurts every time - but if you should win again, represent well! Good luck.

FoxRox wrote: »
    Go Steelers!!!

Losing to you guys in the playoffs hurts every time - but if you should win again, represent well! Good luck.

the same... may be bitter rivals, but if it isn't my team representing the North, then I usually always side with the Ravens... i respect hardnosed teams.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    As we enter the playoffs my only thought is, anybody but the Patriots!

On a side note, Buffalo Bills, held Rodgers, Manning, and Brady, to 0 TD passes in December. A Nice stat to end the season on. Now if we can only get a good QB, this team has potential.
    Probably will not get a chance to say nearer the time but good luck to all the supporters on here and their teams who are involved in the wild card games this weekend!!!
    As we enter the playoffs my only thought is, anybody but the Patriots!

i hear ya... a Super Bowl without those a-holes, is a Super Bowl i can enjoy (unless they go and lose, like they've done the past two times, then it's hilarious lol).
    Let the Wild Cards commence!!!
    GO RAVENS!!!
    The Wild Cards so far are Mild Cards. :-SS
    Thank you for a terrific game, Baltimore. @haserot, congratulations on winning the AFC North crown; I know you guys will remain a threat next year.
    yeah, we are still a work in progress, but i am glad we made it as far as we did - it was a tough year.... congrats on the win.... now go give the Pats hell ;)
    yeah, we are still a work in progress, but i am glad we made it as far as we did - it was a tough year.... congrats on the win.... now go give the Pats hell ;)

We'll try, right? Thank you for the class; I really appreciate that.

i always try to remain respectful and classy.. in victory and defeat - i don't get a lot in return (living in the Cleveland area and being a Steelers fan) but hey, its the way it goes sometimes... i live and die and cuss with every play lol - but at the end of the day, it's sports, it's entertainment - i am a human being first... it always kills me how people will treat one another sometimes, simply by the team they root for - it's almost turning into a form of prejudice in this country... kind of sickening..
    i always try to remain respectful and classy.. in victory and defeat - i don't get a lot in return (living in the Cleveland area and being a Steelers fan) but hey, its the way it goes sometimes... i live and die and cuss with every play lol - but at the end of the day, it's sports, it's entertainment - i am a human being first... it always kills me how people will treat one another sometimes, simply by the team they root for - it's almost turning into a form of prejudice in this country... kind of sickening..

I completely agree. We shouldn't let a game let us act so ridiculously. Well I've seen classless fans from both sides, but I want you to know you represent your fanbase very well.
    thank you... and likewise.
    Did you see Cam Newton yesterday? He acted like he's never won a playoff game before.

Oh wait.
    Wait until you see how Dalton acts if he wins today ;)
    edited January 2015 Posts: 2,629
    I'd be more worried about the celebration of the gingers if he wins.

Edit: Just gingervitis.
    Detroit V Dallas should be a pretty interesting encounter?