the NFL thread

Comments

Didn't think we would get a result at Arrow Head yesterday, Chiefs pretty strong at home!
    The Seattle Seahawks are finding out how friggin difficult it is to defend a title. They won it all with a young team last year but the injuries and the lack of depth is taking its toll on the Champs. WELCOME TO THE NFL.

@Kerim, I'm glad the Arizona fans have something to cheer about. I'm just hoping my Niners can run the table here on in. Our defense is playing well despite the issues with injuries and suspensions. It is our top heavy, deep talented offense that is causing fans frustrations. Several players have not played up to their potential (and balloon salaries)
    1.Vernon Davis
    2.Micheal Crabtree
    3. Alex Boone
    4. Mike Iiapati
    5. Colin Kaepenick
    One can blame the stupid Offensive coordinator Greg Roman for so long, the above has to step up or the lack of production and inability to put teams away is going to bite us in the ass.
    As a longtime Seahawks fan i know how tough it is in the NFL? It took us this long to win it! :D
    I'm not hating on the Seahawks or anything, but at least them having a mediocre/average season will help eliminate more bandwagon fans.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I'm not hating on the Seahawks or anything, but at least them having a mediocre/average season will help eliminate more bandwagon fans.

You get alot of them over here in the Barclays Premier League. I am always amazed at how many team shirts i see being worn when the champions are crowned? Especially if its a new team! :))
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 12,265
    RogueAgent wrote: »

You get alot of them over here in the Barclays Premier League. I am always amazed at how many team shirts i see being worn when the champions are crowned? Especially if its a new team! :))

Ugh it annoys me so much. As a Ravens fan though, I actually didn't notice a lot of bandwagoners after we won our most recent Super Bowl - strangely enough.
    The bandwagon fans are giving the Seahawks fans a bad name. Obscene, obnoxious and downright arrogant. True long time 'Hawks fans understand that success is fleeting and they have memories of the lean years.

Ugh it annoys me so much. As a Ravens fan though, I actually didn't notice a lot of bandwagoners after we won our most recent Super Bowl - strangely enough.

I think the Ravens are viewed much like the Oakland Raiders were viewed years ago:
    As a thuggish, not very family friendly team. I mean from Brian Billick, to Ray Lewis, and forgive me but Ravens must have the ugliest players inthe league. Lewis is okay but guys like
    Flacco, Ed Reed, and Suggs would freeze water he so friggin ugly.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited November 2014 Posts: 2,629
    Yeah, the Seahawk fans are really awful. Had to put with them a few years ago. Vowed never to go to another Cardinals game when they were hosting Seattle. They make the Raiders fans look like golf fans.

Also, if you live in Buffalo, I really feel bad for you right now. No, not the team, the weather.

• edited November 2014 Posts: 12,265
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    The bandwagon fans are giving the Seahawks fans a bad name. Obscene, obnoxious and downright arrogant. True long time 'Hawks fans understand that success is fleeting and they have memories of the lean years.

I think the Ravens are viewed much like the Oakland Raiders were viewed years ago:
    As a thuggish, not very family friendly team. I mean from Brian Billick, to Ray Lewis, and forgive me but Ravens must have the ugliest players inthe league. Lewis is okay but guys like
    Flacco, Ed Reed, and Suggs would freeze water he so friggin ugly.

Ouch; are you still sore about losing the Super Bowl? Geez haha but seriously, I do concur that Suggs is exceptionally... not-good-looking...

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    as a lifelong Steelers fan - teams that have a tradition of playing tough old school style of football have always had my respect... I respect the Ravens for how tough they are, and I always know a Steelers / Ravens game is going to be a bloodbath lol - but I have never EVER liked Suggs.. his attitude has rubbed me the wrong way for a long time...
    @haserot oh boy I found someone to watch out for haha. Ravens/Steelers is still the #1 rivalry right now though IMO.
    Even though we are at home against the Cardinals this weekend? I think they may well turn us over! Been really impressed with them this season!

Thoughts also with all the people in Buffalo and other areas affected by the snowstorms!
    Yes I also hope they are able to dig themselves out of that crazy snowstorm quickly! I actually used to live in upstate New York (not Buffalo), so I remember getting a ton of snow at times, but nothing like that. Hopefully it all clears up soon.
    Can the Cards come into Seattle and win? Whoever wins that game the Niners will benefit (provided we get by Washington).
    Cards win and go up 4 games on the champs with 5 remaining
    or they soften up Seattle for us to kick that ass on Thanksgiving
    Obviously i want Seattle to win, but i genuinely think even at home that it may be an uphill task?
    Well i am absolutely thrilled at our win against Arizona yesterday! Lets hopefully go on a run worthy of defending champs! Going to be tough obviously but we have nothing to lose! Some great games last night!
    That Beckham Jr catch against Dallas was one for the ages. Question is can Dallas maintain? Will they do their famous Dec bellyflop and miss the playoffs like they have the last several seasons?

Will the defending champs Seahawks make the post season?
    Who will win the NFC South and what will their won-loss record be?
    Will Bellichek and Brady make it to the Super Bowl only tolose again?
    /\ Certainly going to be fun watching how the regular season draws to a close over the next few weeks?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Romo is a choke artist.. plain and simple..... i love when people make all these pretty charts about his 4th quarter stats and blah blah blah blah blah..... bottom line, when it's mattered in the playoffs, he's either screwed something up (like muffing the hold on a field goal attempt) or he just looks terrible.... if you haven't made it to the Super Bowl in your first 10 years as a starter in the league, then i don't see how you ever make it... guys like Rivers and Romo are quickly going to be on the outside looking in when it comes to championships.... both are good QBs, but i wouldn't consider any of them championship level, much less "elite"
    @heserot, you are spot on. The Tony Romo you see in Dec will basically be the Romo who faced the 49ers back on Sept 7.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    @heserot, you are spot on. The Tony Romo you see in Dec will basically be the Romo who faced the 49ers back on Sept 7.

and i've also seen enough of Romo in January to tell me that he isn't the answer, and that Dallas is beating a dead horse with him at QB.... but hey, all it takes is 1... but that 1 for Dallas hasn't come in almost the last 20 years.
    Go Ravens...
    OHMSS69, just want to say all the best for the game tomorrow night on "Thanks Giving!" Being here in the UK obviously i will not know the result until the following day.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited November 2014 Posts: 2,629
    IRT the Seahawks-49ers game tomorrow...

48482-i-hope-both-teams-lose--Grumpy-Bj5T.jpeg
    Kerim wrote: »
    IRT the Seahawks-49ers game tomorrow...

48482-i-hope-both-teams-lose--Grumpy-Bj5T.jpeg

:)) What odds can i get on that?
    So proud of that Seahawks win yesterday, especially at San Francisco! Only 3 points conceded again, great stuff. Apologies to our resident 49ers fans.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399
    not sure what is going on with my Steelers... for 3 weeks they looked like world beaters, now in the last 3 games they lose to Jets, lose to the Saints, and barely beat the Titans.... i wasn't expecting them to be a championship contender - as they are going through a transition period with some of their aging vets about to be put out to pasture... but i expected better consistency... i'll take a 9-7 finish to this season (hopefully) after two 8-8 seasons... but they just seemed lost at times.... i do think they are a couple young stud defensive players away from being a much better defense..... but i don't know.... could be worse lol..
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,189
    Pats fan here. Absolutely apoplectic after that Packers game. The ref's gave it to them! Anyway, Bill will wip everyone into shape between now and February and we'll be ready to beat them then...
    Sad about Baltimore today. Our historically good defense was put to shame today; hopefully we'll get the right pieces next year. Offense has looked better than ever, but D will keep us from making a run. I'll take a winning record at least at this point, hopefully.
    Over the moon with the Seahawks win away in Philadelphia! Perhaps we might make a defence of our Championship? The next 3 weeks are certainly going to be entertaing!!!